Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I haven’t done fanty in a while besides the Purple Monkey Dishwasher league last year so I have no preference for anything. Not like I wouldn’t trust whatever bball related decision you’d make anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Thank you
I’m in as Number 2 Sports Fan
The only other negative I would include would be TOVs but I also agree that who cares about negatives, let the hoopers hoop. And lol at technicals being a slight +

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Rick posted:

I set it so every turnover after the fourth turnover is -.5, and every turnover after 10 is -1. I feel like Magic averaged nearly four turnovers a game so 4 free turnovers seems to be appropriate, and then it doesn't REALLY hurt until a guy has more than 10 turnovers which is pretty unarguably a bad game, not something that would stop you from playing LeBron or Luca.

Good call. Turnovers might unfairly punish guys with high usage or lovely teammates or both.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I think something like a day or two makes sense, maybe with a weekend grace period, and I’m okay with you drafting the next best player. We can give Joploo until Monday/Tuesday because he/she is first. A week would be too long, the season is already over 10% done!

Again, whatever you decide Rick - I’m just throwing out my opinions so you don’t feel like you’re talking to yourself.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
drat I was hoping against hope I could get him 3rd or 4th.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Fine, I’ll take Curry. If nothing else there’s bound to be a Warriors stan in our ranks who will make a lopsided trade with me

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
For twelve years you’ve been asking, “Who is Jop Loo?”

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Jalen Brown is a fantastic pick.

Uhh, PG13 is clearly better, uhh

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I’ll pick in the morning

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Sounds good to me! Getting to pick twice today has been the most exciting part of the day so far.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
My struggles were refusing to draft any Lakers or Luka and choosing to ignore Hayward’s off court sensibilities. Now I’m mad that Rick got Fox on his backup squad

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Lol I missed that it was Dejan.
I just noticed that it was actually counting points too. I figured it wasn’t actually starting yet but it’s a good reminder of rule #1: don’t forget to put your players in the game

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Lol I just saw he had last post in the GDT and was going to go school marm on his rear end. Thankfully I will only embarrass myself here by talking about it.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Man poor CJ, poor Blazers, and poor me. A Steph/CJ backcourt was going to rain buckets on all of you

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Ooh that’s true. I can’t imagine coming back to the NBA with only a month to heal a foot fracture, but he’s an iron man playing through broken backs and poo poo. The man is insane. He’s got that LeBron rehab going with the Pinot

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I am working but will pick in a couple hours don’t skip me!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I was tempted to - the blurb said 6-8 weeks though and that’s a long time in a shorter season

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Oh wait what I thought I had Seth Curry noooo

Also wtf ended up with Jokic and Harden, that’s hosed up

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I feel like Levert is primed to come back in a big way when he does. I’m clueless, and besides the Cronenbergian horror of having a mass on your innards, but it seems like it could be a minimally invasive procedure and he might be back sooner than later and at near full strength. It’s so funny to me to be excited about watching the Pacers but damned if they don’t have a fun team. If he ends up not being a great fit with the starters he’s definitely a super sixth man, especially while Bubble Superstar TJ Warren is out.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

EmotionlessThug posted:

Lmfao, by the way, at Tom Bombadil's MF Thugs

It got Trick Daddy “Bom-bee cuz I’m a thug” stuck in my head

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Am I allowed to draft a guy tonight to replace McCollum temporarily?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Ok cool. I was more gauging the thread consensus on if it’s cool to rather than the actual ability to. Paul George is guaranteed to keep up his play and Hayward never gets hurt so I’m looking good still

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Boy it’s hard to put up points when your #2 and #3 guys are both out. Looking like a genius for my Kanter and Royce O’Neal pickups though! Keeping me out of dead last! Oh wait nope now I’m fully in last place.

I’m like LeBron though I need the motivation. Watch out

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
It turns out I also might have drafted poorly? But then that would be my fault, so gently caress all that.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Thank you I appreciate the sympathy, for lack of a better word, but drat not actually playing Enes cost me 50. I swore I had him started but what can ya do. There’s always tomorrow.
And hey I love Steven Adams but not so much as a fantasy guy. Uhh I’ll definitely trade for Giannis though

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Red Rox = Balrog Balls, I get it, lol. Watch out if we rematch though I’m coming for you

Lot of blowouts last week. Now it’s on me to take down the top scorer, Rick. I just need to score like 140% more than I did last week

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Haha I’m definitely putting some effort in. I’m off work for the weekend though so no more waking up at 6am and grabbing a free agent first thing until Sunday. I’ll give you that.

Feelin good even if Shake Milton disappointed against a weak Portland backcourt - probably actually helped that Dame and Simmons ended up sitting

Funny that you had Wall resting and then I had Oladipo resting, you can’t plan for that kind of thing. Delightful

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Lol I didn’t even see that you were ahead of me now goddamnit watch out

But yea I had a general sigh of relief that it was a preemptive b2b rest reason. I’ll gladly lose a fantasy match if it means a guy can still ball out after an Achilles situation

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Rough! Don’t forget you can set your lineups in advance by hitting the little arrow at the top where the date is.

I almost didn’t get Hayward in which surely would have gifted Rick the W. Stupid Wizards postponement make up games canceling some of my other players’ games, but I think I’d rather have Gordo in than Kanter.

As is it’s gonna be real tight. Curry has been a monster this week but it’s close!

Edit: just lol if Nance breaking his hand and me cutting him for Zubac with 30 mins to tip off ends up winning for me

The Maestro fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 7, 2021

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I was still holding out hope that they would adjust the scores in my favor. Well fought Rick.

Come back soon CJ :pray:

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I just get so attached to my draft boys. Really should have just cut, like, Coby White, to get someone that played on the last day when it’s that close. It was hard enough cutting patty mills and I don’t even like him as a player.
I saw you pick up Nunn and my heart sank because you had an extra guy. I was giddy for a minute though just on how close it was and I had to let it ride.
Gotta treat each week like a season - keep your core guys and fill in the gaps as you go.

I don’t understand what you’re talking about with the extra game though

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I’m a broken record but ugh if I had PG and CJ I would be ahead of everyone by 1000. I literally picked CJ because he’s an Ironman lol. His last 5 seasons are 80, 80, 81, 70, 70. 11 games missed this season so far so it’s over for you hoes once he’s back.
Forget it Jake it’s Fantasy town

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
drat I slacked today, up 100 or so, and now I’m down 35 heading into tomorrow’s full roster play day.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I could have sworn I did just that the other night, going to the next day’s lineup, adding a player, and dropping Batum I think it was. But maybe Batum hadn’t played that night.

Fuckin Hayward spent too much time bootlicking and got lower back tightness, basically wrecking my chances today. Kawhi was even so kind as to sit out and keep PG company.

Oh well let’s go Kings, Barnes is sure to put up 30/10/10 and save the day

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
:shrug: I think I did move the date to the next day before I went to look at available players, and it let me swap. Dunno how or why that would make a difference but it worked. Maybe it’s bc I swapped him for Patty Mills and neither guy played the night before

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Bjelica!!!!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Well, I’m out of moves and Curry had a widdle tummy ache yesterday, so gg

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I kept my opponent below 2000 points last week so I’m counting that as a victory.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Well I’ve used up most of my moves for the week already. Gotta cobble poo poo together when you’re alternately missing at least 2 of your 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 7th picks due to injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Sounds great Rick! Even though I haven’t won a game it’s still fun.

Doesn’t help that apparently Paul George sat out last night because he was too dizzy. What the gently caress? And Curry had to rest to make sure he had enough energy for the all star game. What the gently caress?

Cursed rear end roster.