Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what role you thinking of rolling?
Rockerboy
Solo
Netrunner
Tech
Media
Lawman
Exec
Fixer
Nomad
Medtech
View Results

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017
Played the demo of Cyberpunk RED yesterday.

It was pretty fun. Combat felt like a d20 style exchange of blows chipping away at HP, rather than the fast and furious gun-down of the older edition. Chalk that up to the simplified rules in the quick start (no auto-fire on rifles, no called shots to ignore armor, no suppressing fire...).

I liked the old paradigm where your class gave you a signature skill that you could roll to be good at the thing that class did (IE Authority for the police officer), rather than the more situational class abilities in the new edition. But I also understand why they changed it. Maxing out your class skill at chargen was such an obvious play that it wasn't even really a meaningful choice. Do you want to be better at being a Solo, or worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

mellonbread posted:

Played the demo of Cyberpunk RED yesterday.

It was pretty fun. Combat felt like a d20 style exchange of blows chipping away at HP, rather than the fast and furious gun-down of the older edition. Chalk that up to the simplified rules in the quick start (no auto-fire on rifles, no called shots to ignore armor, no suppressing fire...).

I liked the old paradigm where your class gave you a signature skill that you could roll to be good at the thing that class did (IE Authority for the police officer), rather than the more situational class abilities in the new edition. But I also understand why they changed it. Maxing out your class skill at chargen was such an obvious play that it wasn't even really a meaningful choice. Do you want to be better at being a Solo, or worse?

The fast and furious thing certainly varies. My Medtech has one-shotted a couple of people because shotgun.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Nessus posted:

Greetings "chooms"

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/cyberpunk-red-2024-r-talsorian-games-books

For as little as $18 you can have what seems to be just about every CP2020 and RED book worth having!

oh poo poo 4 days left, I drat near forgot

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SniperWoreConverse posted:

oh poo poo 4 days left, I drat near forgot

Same, thank you for the reminder!