Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what role you thinking of rolling?
Rockerboy
Solo
Netrunner
Tech
Media
Lawman
Exec
Fixer
Nomad
Medtech
View Results

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SkyeAuroline posted:

Thanks, desktop night mode extension, for automatically unhiding spoilers due to weird UI interactions. Thankfully I don't plan to play 2077 anyway so that's no big deal.

You hit that spoiler a couple of hours into 2077 anyway so no big loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Hell I'd write a job where you steal a prototype program thing to emit brainwaves in certain scenarios. Get two cyberarms, but instead of shoulder cams it's bigass speakers.

Suda51 got your back.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/mustangsart/status/1356568872657256450?s=21

<3

Is there a resource for fanmade RED content? Do people have maps or city blocks or clubs laid out already that I can choose or build from?

The old Night City sourcebook also has a bunch of that. Even though it’s from the 2020 era it’s easy enough to bring into the RED era.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I think you could build a cool campaign around being archeologists and hunting for data in dangerous networks and salvaging weird old weapons and materials. Another neat detail is you can sill jack into systems old style without the AR goggles but you're effectively unconscious in meatspace if you do it.

This was part of the premise of Cyberpunk 3.0.

In Red and 2077 my understanding is that the old Net is still around to connect cities to each other, but instead of being able to connect directly from your computer in Night City to any other computer in the world, you can only connect directly to stuff on the same small subnet that’s probably physically near you - same city or building. Connections between subnets exist and are routed over the old Net in a way similar to how VPNs travel over our real world internet. The AIs still play outside the VPN pipes but theoretically can’t break through, and data is inspected at both ends of a transfer between subnets to ensure no AIs are sneaking in. Turning off the old Net would kill the AIs but also destroy the connections between subnets, so every building in Night City would be cut off and isolated from its neighbors. Sure, a massive infrastructure investment could build a new Net and cut everything over to it, but that won’t make numbers go up for the corps and lol government in this setting.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

You're Milton except you have a little bit of power.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Board game kickstarter set in the 2077 world that will come with a raft of minis: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/cyberpunk-2077-gangs-of-night-city

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

a7m2 posted:

- I'll make certain to introduce the decon station and have them use it when they enter the bar the first time before the gig starts so they know it's there. The bar is a dive but I can probably justify it.

If the port has a prominent chemical handling function just have every building and business within a half mile of it feature a decon shower as compliance with health code or OSHA/EPA regs from years ago.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It's the first one. Banks maintain their relevance in the Cyberpunk world by not asking questions.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bubblegum Crisis

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cyberpunk can have little a class, as a treat.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

You know the system much better than I do but this reads like a Cyber Tomb of Horrors where the netrunner just gets hosed because they have no practical way to see the threat before they're trapped.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

There's also red sky city that is like 40 sessions long, imo pretty good

lmao at watching someone else play a game for that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Episodes? Pretty sure they're not like 5 hours a pop or anything

It's still 60-80 hours. I suppose if you treat it like a radio play serial or something similar it's okay but I'd rather watch a bit to get some ideas and then run or play my own campaign than watch a bunch of rando influencers roll dice for two work weeks.