Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what role you thinking of rolling?
Rockerboy
Solo
Netrunner
Tech
Media
Lawman
Exec
Fixer
Nomad
Medtech
View Results

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I dunno how to play for sure! I do wanna play tho hell yeah!
Start with the part where it says how to roll a character, and then it's pretty much going through the section that's like "How to Get Things Done" and it explains how to move around and how to shoot and stuff like that.

Out of the youtubes I've seen it looks like the people are either sort of bad at describing stuff in video, seem to be kinda bad at the game itself, or started their campaigns and characters with a preliminary version of the rules that obviously were kind of outdated. There's one called something like "Cyberpunk Red Conspiracy" where episode zero is them making characters, which I think has some kinda steps that I don't see in the book, and then in episode 1 one of the hosed up chars they made gets gruesomely downed and is bleeding out. After watching a good amount of that (the unabridged whole episodes are like 60 hours or something insane), it's cool to see stuff in the book and be like "Oh yeaaah i get that now, or ok the gm was sorta just playing it by ear real hard."

TormentedByGnomes had a prerelease copy when that started in the summer, but strangely was NDA’d so he couldn’t share the rule book with the players until red was released.

It’s worth watching, it’s a lot of fun and there are clowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Control Volume posted:

On the other hand, installing a med scanner on your already-existing cyber arm is equivalent to having PTSD. Your character may have been barely keeping it together but now that they can diagnose the common cold, theyve realized the only effective vaccination is murder

2d6 may be a bit much to adding stuff to an existing arm but it’s not hard to imagine that each time you upgrade your body as if it was a PC or car that makes you feel less connected to your humanity.

Besides coming up with the bizarre 1 in a thousand scenario that rolling straight 6s and tanking your humanity represents is part of the fun of an rpg, right.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Gnomes' players frustrate me cause they don't prep super greatly a lot of times,

I don’t think you get sideshow and bren

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

They also had some good complementary skill checks at the end of the episode. i thought Jonah was a goner