Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what role you thinking of rolling?
Rockerboy
Solo
Netrunner
Tech
Media
Lawman
Exec
Fixer
Nomad
Medtech
View Results

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

Moving from the CP2077 thread:

My understanding (don't have the book to hand right now) is that if cyberware doesn't provide any advantage over baseline human capability, then you don't lose HUM for it. It's something about having enhancements causing you to feel detached from normal people. I can dig for the excerpt later.

Yeah you can get a cloned eye or medical cybereye and keep your humanity. Getting an actual cybereye gives you the option of getting Neat Stuff implanted now and becoming a cyberpsycho later :v:

The journalist media from the Expanse has a pretty cool example of a cybereye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

I was thinking about having more elite ripperdocs roll 2d4 or 1d6 for HUM loss on the basis that they would provide more therapy and support during the implantation, but I like this angle more. Shorter campaigns are more fun anyway.

Techs can upgrade cyberware to reduce the humanity loss by 1d6 if would be 2d6 or greater.

e: misread the rules

Lima fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 9, 2021