Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what role you thinking of rolling?
Rockerboy
Solo
Netrunner
Tech
Media
Lawman
Exec
Fixer
Nomad
Medtech
View Results

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I mean, it depends on how hard you really want to railroad them in there.

One of the bar patrons happens to be a guy who works in a chemical factory or whatever, and loudly declares 'oh poo poo, my chemsniffer implant is picking up high levels of Meltafaceoffitall, we gotta seal up the doors and windows quick! No, somebody stop that drunk guy wandering out the door! Oh no, this face is melting off! See, I told you!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
There was a fantastic show a few years back called Incorporated that was a hell of a modern take on classic Cyberpunk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporated_(TV_series)

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
If it helps, don't think of them as 'classes' so much as 'skill trees.'

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Anybody with a guitar and a love of performing can get up on stage and rock, and even be very good at it, make a full career out of it. I'd put Kerry Eurodyne in this category.

But only certain people can get up on stage and convince a crowd, with a song, to storm a corporate enclave. That's the difference between 'a rock star' and 'a Rockerboy.'

Similarly, anybody can travel the highways and wastes, you know, be nomadic. But being a Nomad also means you're part of a family, who's part of a clan, and plugged into that culture and web of trust.

Any idiot with a few hundred EDs to rub together can buy a gun and a vest and go be a gun for hire, but only a few people have that instinct for combat that makes them a Solo.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Defenestrategy posted:

Has anyone dming cyberpunk noticed that money is basically your power level? The ability to buy guns, mooks, enhancements, and info are generally more of a power source than the other stats on the sheet?

Pretty much every game has money and xp as parallel advancement tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
I miss the old days of RPGs when a single edition of a game would take up an entire shelf.