Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what role you thinking of rolling?
Rockerboy
Solo
Netrunner
Tech
Media
Lawman
Exec
Fixer
Nomad
Medtech
View Results

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Pretty much it seems like you're not gonna be getting deep into ultra cyber right off the bat unless you're willing to ditch the starter gear you normally have, or
The options are "Join the (covert) Military," "Take up a life of organized crime," "Sell out to a corporation." And there's a catch. This potentially changes the campaign pretty seriously.

This seems like a no brainer: Join military, get silver arm replacement.

edit: Question: Would cyberpunk work as a play by post or is that too much of a reach?

champagne posting fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

There's a sidequest in 2077 about a pair of Buddhist monks. They are not allowed cyberware. Medicalware isn't really mentioned, but I'm guessing it's not allowed either.

Supposedly it makes you unable to participate in getting to nirvana. They might be onto something, especially when you look at the borgware humanity losses:

edit: chrome covered for no additional loss of humanity

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Wait, you can buy a linear frame and just walk around flipping cars and unplug it when you get home. Only an actual sicko who lusts for the hp gains would get it implanted.

But that's bullshit that having implants keeps you outta nirvana how the gently caress does that work

Cyberpunk RED posted:

Before we Start... Let's begin by straightening one thing out: It's cyber-ware. Not cyberwear. Cyberwear is stuff you can remove. You're just wearing it, chombatta. You're a tourist. You're not yet committed to the Edge.

But yeah you could just lug it around, then dump it at home... and risk someone else pulling it off you.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Couldn't you just not fight the 'borged up psycho and let someone else deal with the fallout? See the cyberpsycho tearing through 'Saka goons and just go "gently caress that I'm out of here".

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Weird Uncle Dave posted:

The fact that netrunning took a big step backwards really feels strange, though. They should have prefaced the chapter with "This is a concession to playability and makes very little sense in storyline." I'm biased, though, as a real-world IT person; the RABIDS thing seems so implausible. Am I alone in this?

computer bad is a perfectly good take to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I thought turning the old net off was doable, but no one wants to bear the cost of a new net