Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

anim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

an actual dog posted:

watched the following today:

Otherside Picnic has a great premise and I like the characters but I'm not sure if it works yet? I'm still pretty hype for it tho

Cells at Work! Code Black is like normal Cells at Work! in that it takes an idea that snappy in manga form and stretches it out a bit to far to work as an anime. The unhealthy body premise does kind of rule and how like, suicidal the cells are is a dark lol for me. I'll probably eventually drop it

Yuri Camp Season 2 camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp

Watched all these episode 1's and they were good.
Cells at Work! Season 2 also is airing this season.

So I'm a Spider, So What? is probably going to be cool and first ep was decent.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Skipping a bunch of posts to say that if you're not watching Pui-Pui Molcar you're loving up.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

are there people who watch this poo poo like "hell yeah, this is what i'm all about gently caress yeah dude hell loving yeah"

besides the fact it's a ripoff of shield hero (or shield hero is a ripoff of it, or whatever the gently caress) mixed with time travel, it just doesn't sound like the pacing is very good; the idea of "helpful power turned harmful" is okay i guess but it doesn't seem like a very good revenge fantasy??

I hadn't heard from it so I looked it up on MyAnimeList and there's forum threads with basically the people you're describing. Lots of "can't wait for the uncensored version!" :stonk:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

an actual dog posted:

there was a beautiful episode of yuru camp today where two girls ate delicious eel and had a nice talk about their lives, and you're putting one brain cell towards thinking about this crap

Single Brain Cell At Work!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Urasekai Picnic still cool.

The egg show also looking pretty good too so far.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The ending song is insane and I still can't wrap my head around it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

an actual dog posted:

I didn't get super into that but it's definitely worth a shot. I haven't watched a ton of food shows, the ones that really stuck with me are Silver Spoon (about an agricultural high school) and Wakakozake (the episodes are only 2 minutes long but you'll get it if you check the first episode)

Wakakozake is extremely blessed

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Wish I could buy this:
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...unchyroll%21%29

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I demand someone else watch the 2000 Boogiepop Phantom.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Patlabor 2 rocks hard

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Maya Fey posted:

in patlabor i liked how the big mechsuit's standard weapon is just an enormous revolver

Going to the Famimart to stock up on onigiri because the feds are trying to take away my giant mech revolver.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

New episodes of Vlad Love out and there are some incredible references including an extended Patlabor 2 scene which was just :discourse:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I thought Marley was just the dog from that sad movie drat

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Anime Adam Curtis

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

desperately wish anime discussion online wasnt 90-95% people talking about the latest c grade seasonal shonen lol

esp in a season that includes loving Wonder Egg Priority

Wonder Egg good. Should be interesting to see how they finish it off.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Pitch posted:

Wonder Egg is good but why would episode 8 of 12 be a recap episode?

Either like everyone said that they ran out of time or they thought the audience needed things explained to them.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Thread hasn't talked much about Urasekai but it's been cool. If you like Urasekai you might also like Yami Shibai which is a series of shorts that are spoOOooOOoky in a very japanese borderline silly kind of way

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I like to think of it as yuri Supernatural.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

When they cut to non spider stuff the energy just evaporates lol.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

If you watch Paranoia Agent now everything else is going to seem poo poo afterwards for a while just fyi because of how quality it is.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

grate deceiver posted:

watch ping pong

Yes yes hell yes

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The show of the season is Pui Pui Molcar and if you disagree you're just wrong.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

bird. posted:

watching boogiepop phantom (old one) and its good

Hell yes OP

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

i tried to give new boogiepop a shot without having watched the old one

was that a mistake?

They're different stories kind of so it's not a big deal.
The first one definitely has a more deep thinking vibe than the newer one. At least that's how it came across to me.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

It's memes OP

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Rest of Vlad Love dropped

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Shirobako probably isn't bad for kids

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Maya Fey posted:

Little Witch Academia is probably a good one for kids

Actually a perfect answer

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

If you liked Gridman you'll like Gatchaman if you haven't watched it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Augus posted:

uh oh

I have made a horrible mistake

See you in like 2 years I guess.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...unchyroll%21%29

Hopefully this gets funded, the setting sounds like it'll be pretty cool.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

Vlad Love. I don't think it's any good, but it Mamoru Oshii threw in a bunch of weird jokes and references all over, so I just watched it for that.

I thought Vlad Love was incredible you take it back.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

If you want to watch a new power rangers/tokusatsu/kaiju show, SSSS.Dynazenon by trigger just started this season and in episode one it had all the important elements. Big kaiju, cool big robot powered by a group of people, long complicated robot transformation sequences, cool poses. There's some drama stuff there too but that's not as cool.
Seems like it'll be a love letter to the genre like how SSSS.Gridman was to Ultraman.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The lack of newtype magic is part of why thunderbolt rocked for me.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Southpaugh posted:

Explain yourself immediately. You also don't know what neoliberalism is. But do explain your point.

They made a public private partnership between the gadoll and the tankers

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

F91 was about being really into roses.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

In case it wasn't clear from my previous deca dance post: it was a joke

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

an actual dog posted:

watch ODDTAXI it's good

It's good with a vibey opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2021-04-14/peruvian-politicians-cosplay-anime-characters-to-score-the-otaku-vote/.171709
Without knowing much about Peruvian politics my guess is these people are fash and therefore Naruto is fash.