Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 31 minutes!
Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

It's it my fault? Did I do this?
Yes Shinji. Kwaru told you not to take the spears out and now your did and there's a fourth impact. Grats. Stay out of the loving robot.

they'd of found a way to do it anyway eventually, like they now use tech to fake lilith. Thats the one thing i'm confused about. It seems like humanity was reaching a point techwise where they were rivaling 'the gods' but Gendo was all like 'we have no choice but to do this elaborate ritual or we'll be exterminated'. Exterminated by who? You've murdered all the angels as part of the elaborate ritual. You have giant space battleships that rival the gods in power. Who even were 'the gods' at that point? It can't be the adams because they just formed a sentai team and got eaten.

edit: lol i forgot for a second this is all just to see his dead wife, did anything he say matter other than that point?

She was probably middle class

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 04:43 on Aug 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

TheMightyBoops posted:

It gives me great shame after seeing the end of rebuild 4 that I’m actually Gendo as an adult.

Lot to take in here

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

skipmyseashells posted:

finished who framed Roger rabbit, why is the rabbit animated?

a healthy diet and lifestyle

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Kitfox88 posted:

most vtubers... are cool

Lol

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

bitmap posted:

hell yeah dude

are you sure?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

MonsieurChoc posted:

Seeing online creeps, you understand why so many decide to hide behind an anime avatar. Also it’s like you can use tech to become anything you want. A dragon, a skellington, an anime lady with big boobers, whatever you can imagine. You get famous without anyone knowing who you really are.

Shame about the creeps.

yeah and then they pretend to be 12 year old anime girls

they can be whatever they want, but they choose pedo bait because cha ching $$$

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

christmas boots posted:

if this is what it means to be communist then

count

me

out

he's a British communist which means he's depressed to the point of uselessness, please do not hate him he's had a rough decade

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
I would simply log off

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

I’m rewatching Trigun now because of the reboot announcement and there’s a really confusing line in the episode where the whole town’s going after him where Vash is like “until I find the man you’re looking for, I have to keep moving” which makes no sense because the man they’re looking for is him, why would he be looking for himself, and this is supposed to be a serious scene it doesn’t match the tone for him to be like “well whoever this Vash guy is I’d better keep an eye out for him!” So I switched over to the sub real quick and what he actually says is “Until I find him, I have to keep moving” which makes way more sense because it hints at Vash’s actual goal and leaves it open-ended who he’s talking about. Hope someone got fired for that blunder!

it could just be poetic licence because he knows who they really want because he knows he's not the bad guy even if they don't

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

TenementFunster posted:

now post what the characters looked like

RYOKO

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Finally got around to finishing GitS SAC: 2045 and it's so drat messy. I still don't even have a good idea of what the N is supposed to be, exactly. It feels like they're trying to combine the puppetmaster and GitS 2: Innocence plotlines into a big jumbled mess. The second season looks better than the first, but the art direction still looks like a video game cutscene. I was half expecting that I'd have to take the controls of a tachikoma any minute. It feels like they had a lot of interesting ideas on the table but didn't know how to string them together and make a point. A lot of stuff happens only to not matter at all, like the Prime Minister of Japan being a white American, or Togusa's flashback to being tortured and having to run in the woods for four days. Just a lot of unexplored ideas and wasted time.

Its so weird how the anime industry goes through these periods where they forget how to do anything right. Like just unable to tell a coherent story. Even the basics have been temporarily forgotten.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Diogenes of Sinope posted:

ZZ tonally shifts to the more standard Gundam "war is horrible, let's traumatize all our characters" halfway through. It's good, OP.

lol having to watch halfway into a series for it to get good

gently caress off idiot

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
posting on the dragon vore page

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Didn’t Bocchi come out the same year as Birdie Wing and Witch from Mercury? Gay options were available.

It’s ok for some shows to be about straight people.

do you know who are replying to?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

i'd forgot about this anime

christ

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
you mean the anime with giant lady, horny pheromone lady and buff thicc rabbit lady, isn't doing proper class analysis?

author is supposed to have health issues but i think he just cummed himself into a coma

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Communist Thoughts posted:

im down with horny content but not the weird pedo poo poo that pops up in anime constantly.

there has to be a happy medium between sexless american porridge and anime

golden age anime from the late nineties had the perfect balance

Escaflowne, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop

all knew where to draw the line. But the anime industry has collapsed so many times since then. They do what they think they gotta do and currently that is market to the worst of the worst.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
outlaw star was horny but it's pretty chaste by todays standards

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
anime is in the bad phase of the good/bad oscillation

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Kit Walker posted:

We don't generally actually see that happen in cyberpunk, though. The most that'll happen is some dipshit toady being incompetent or greedy gets shafted for it. Or one of the protagonists will have parents who got screwed over by a richer guy and then committed suicide for a tragic backstory. If you're particularly unlucky you'll be in an office that gets bombed by the protagonists. Whereas if you're poor or one of the protagonists you're just a walking ball of death flags at all times. A protagonist who defects to the corporate side will almost certainly die, but usually because they'll get killed by the people they tried to backstab. It ends up being a numbers game, and if you're poor you're almost certainly gonna die, but if you're middle class or better you might die but you'll have a pretty great life up until that point. Maybe it's my own limited exposure to the genre that's the issue here, but the protagonists rarely accomplish anything meaningful unless they're either trying to stop some cataclysm from happening or have a small personal goal that will still probably cost them their life. A lot of stories have the same shortcoming of being unable to envision a better world

The 'nothing can get better' nihilism is baked into that genre and I agree that it limits it greatly. Both in scope and enjoyability. But I don't think its accidental. It's just accepted that by the end of a cyberpunk story everything will still be hosed but one of the protagonists might be richer.

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 11:19 on Aug 2, 2023

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
What does 'anti-logh' mean? And I know what logh is. I feel the root of the issue is right here.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

MMania posted:

No, that's Magical Girl Raising Project. Madoka is "what if magical girls lived in our reality and not one where being 'evil' meant sending bumbling fools to a tiny town to somehow take over the world." I imagine it's pretty much incomprehensible to people who aren't familiar with magical girl tropes.

Sort of like "inside baseball."

well just looked up Magical Girl Raising Project and now i'm in prison

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
other than Jojo Stone Ocean i haven't clicked with anything in the last 2 years

waiting for Go! Go! Loser Ranger! and hoping it's as fun as the teaser made out

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Communist Thoughts posted:

All of these animes sound really bad, don't sound at all like ones where someone shoots someone and it goes ka-BLASH or a sword totally cuts someone in half imo

More akira and shigirui imo (tho the latter is very weird too)

In trying to remember how to spell shigirui I discovered shigeru mizuki who fought in ww2 and wrote about it, gonna check out his manga Onward Towards Our Noble Deaths if I can find it

anime is in a slump right now and many won't admit it

it's ok there will be a new golden age in 5 years or so

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Being embraced as a vampire is basically marrying into the ruling class. This is really basic poo poo.

i think its just the thrill of being in a relationship with a monster that could kill you but doesn't because it likes you back

you can add class dynamics on top of this if you want but i don't think you have to

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Cuttlefush posted:

kill wyvern

i can hear the music

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
Dennu coil is really good

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Grey Fox posted:

gently caress yeah Dorohedoro is getting another season

yay

1 good anime every 3 years is fine i guess

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Buck Wildman posted:

been reading denjin n. it's all about a pop idol dork who kills himself and gets turned into the internet. it's stupid pulp horror fun, very gory. he crashed a helicopter into a swat team and they just caught him by luring him into a laptop with chat AI and froze the laptop in liquid nitrogen

lmao ok you sold it to me

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Wing is good.

08th MS Team is solid middle-tier Gundam. Since then, Reconguista in G, Iron-Blooded Orphans, Witch From Mercury, Build Fighters, and Build Divers Re Rise were all better

Jesus christ

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

tokin opposition posted:

All the gudamns before the lesbian one are boring garbage ime

Wild.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it had some high highs but really low lows. the worst thing about it is how it constantly teases bigger things but never actually goes there. There’s no way this is the story Ōkouchi actually wanted to tell. The series didn’t get nearly as much support as it should have and they shut it down when it was getting the most interesting.

Yep that sounds like 90% of gundam

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
witch of mercury was trash poo poo and that money could have been used to make the second Hathaway movie faster

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
90% of anime is weird wish fulfillment now because Japan's society is apparently a stress nightmare so everyone wants to die, go to another world and just luck into having a harem

I hope Japan finds its way so that they can make other genres again

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

Why would Karlach be in an image full of elves

pointy ears is elf

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
It sounds interesting but wow I do not like that art style :whitewater:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
i also hate girls, love men and am not gay

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
Thats what the dragon said

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

tokin opposition posted:

Dubs are good, subs are good, we live in an anime golden age. It's not the 90s anymore, oldweebs.

the golden age started with cowboy bebop and ended with ghost in the shell 2nd gig

you get a few crumbs of diamond in a sea of poo poo and think it good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

yeah, me too.