Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
this forum has been on the internet for 20 years lol. imagine that. we started with default phpbb smilies, right.... but then,,, we made more. many many much more. we are the pioneers of :v: which is obviously iconic regardless of ur feeling re: this smilie, but thems the facts - its legendary.

lol here some of my feels:

:science: look at this emote. its classic. for one the pixel art is sick, and then the second is way more meta. remember in like the mid 2000s when like athiesm was like was sick and epic, thats the heritage of the science emote. classic poo poo imo. We did a Science Thing, Goon Sir! :science: lol thats sick

:coal: this is vintage. its like cool but cooler. i think its a penguin which live on the ice which is cool. i think there is a deeper etymological story on this emote. but it is very sick and insanely SA. Like what is cooler than cool, well, it's coal.

:D nuff said

:dance: u used to mostly put this in sexist context about boobs and stuff iirc. like hell yea. maybe problematic lol but imo its vintage as gently caress and classic.

:fap: do u remember post on dpph?

:geno: that web game i didnt play but many ppl did. classic poo poo

:haw: this is so old. very ancient, supremely historical

:jerkbag: lol. even the name of his makes me think of 2005

:redhammer: powerful SA feels. the ultimate forum. the greatest forum on the net

:rimshot: dont forget to tip your wiatress

:reject: this is my monitor in the off position

:rolleyes: goons are smarter than most ppl lol i guess

:o: used almost exclusively by legendary forums user None More Negative. this man was iconic to me as a teen.

:tipshat: perfect emote. line art is divine and the sentiment is 100. dont u wish this was a emoji for ur cell phone? i do

last one :saddowns: ths smilie is probs probelmatic lol, well, this forum is 20 years old

<hr>

Anyways, the idea here is post your favorite smilie an tell me why. here's mine:

:dukedoge:
Dukedoge is my favorite smilie because it's epic as gently caress for one. That goes without saying. It's the doge meme, lol, which is funny as gently caress because it's funny on its own merits (famous meme) but also because it's retro as hell now, which makes it ironically funny. Furthemore it is smoking, which is cool. Beyond that it references Duke Nukem whcih is mega ownage in terms of forums. Recall the Forever Banned status which fragmaster or somethign could do to ppl which banned them until DNF came out, whioch was sposed to be never, but then it did come out. (did all these ppl get unbanned upon release? unknown.) Duke Nukem himself is of course very loving win if you ask me, for a litany of obvious reasons, kicking, hookers, etc.

Regardless.... Please post your favorite smilie and tell me why it is your favorite. I will be reading, eagerly.

i will l;eave u with the Vesper music to go over the smilie list to ruminate on your selection:

vesper music (cue this)
smilie list (browse this)

Smythe has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Jan 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
please type more about why you like your smilie. like at least a paragraph. im SURE you have these feels in your mind, dont be embarrassed to post it. we are all goons here, it's not Shameful to love the forums and pontificate on their heritage and your smilies relationship to it.

yt,
your friend smythe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

hard counter posted:

:buddy: is my fav and it's a testament to the darkness of these times that i have fewer reasons to use it now
                           /

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
coolfish is so legendary. reminds me of eskimo bob for some reason. same with the omgitsjamez cape floaty guy smilie that nobody uses for some reason

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
oh I forgot to mention my two vanity smilies, :chome: and :mome: of course. those are big win for obvious reasons

big thanks to the six figmen of YOSPOS for their purcahse :cheersdoge:

Smythe has a new favorite as of 05:39 on Jan 8, 2021