Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Smythe posted:

eastern sun is way too complicated for my calcified mind

consider the calming/confusing? balm that PoE would be, as it is basically "what if D2 but newer and arguably better"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Tempora Mutantur posted:

consider the calming/confusing? balm that PoE would be, as it is basically "what if D2 but newer and arguably better"

ive played a couple seasons of poe. my compy cant really handle it tho. need a new gaming rig. probs my last. :corsair:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
leaning back in my chair and sighing deeply, watching the light on the smoke detector blink for 2 hours straight after dying due to fps dropping to 0 for 17 seconds and losing 2 days of xp

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
my computer is bad but i get acceptable framerate in poe by disabling sound effects in the ini. it is a huge boost, at least 2x fps

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
replacing the gaming rig with a macbook air, canceling the loot crate sub with quickbooks pro.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I remember my ICQ number. It was a 7-digit one, nothing special.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
diablo 2 was probably my first real addiction and started me down the path of degeneracy that continues to this day. selling my butthole for perfect skulls and sojs

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Smythe posted:

replacing the gaming rig with a macbook air, canceling the loot crate sub with quickbooks pro.

I guess this is growing up

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

i managed to remember my icq # and now im just hearing the worms.wav uh-oh noise

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

captainbananas posted:

i managed to remember my icq # and now im just hearing the worms.wav uh-oh noise

the checkout register at the 99cent store makes this sound sometimes. small world

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
and the super loud horn sound when you start it

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

holy poo poo

my posts were awful then. even worse than they are now

hey at least you were memorable i was just some forgotten shitposter. some other forum regulars hang out at the magic threads too.

it was the inquest magazine ---> misetings ---> something awful pipeline that brought me here

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

babypolis posted:

hey at least you were memorable i was just some forgotten shitposter. some other forum regulars hang out at the magic threads too.

it was the inquest magazine ---> misetings ---> something awful pipeline that brought me here

the misetings community is still around at goodgamery, they're good people.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

babypolis posted:

poo poo I remember inquest magazine. i can't believe that magazine has a pipeline to SA of all things.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i took great inspiration from galad the looter in UO and modeled my own adventures after his. it was fantastic. also apparently someoen wrote a book and i will read and do a review of it for the thread later:

https://www.amazon.com/Braving-Britannia-Melancholy-Malice-Ultima-ebook/dp/B08L9S5RTJ/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

game has like 99999999999999999999999999 horadric cube things and a billion weird mats. turns into inventory/stash tetris within minutes of spawning ur dood

putting 10000000000 dstones into my gear, watching all the numbers skyrocket into the thousands

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Dreylad posted:

poo poo I remember inquest magazine. i can't believe that magazine has a pipeline to SA of all things.

i mean only super indirectly. misetings was an early 2000s forum with a very similar culture to SA at the time but magic themed, and the fine folks there used to make a lot of fake funny magic cards, that would sometimes get featured in inquest magazine, which is what led me there. then someone in misetings linked to some frontpage article and the rest is history

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Victory Position posted:

putting 10000000000 dstones into my gear, watching all the numbers skyrocket into the thousands

grinding dstones til your shock auras instagib everything within 2 screens and your playtime consists of nothing but running around picking up loot off the ground

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i never played UO but did play a minecraft server modded in its image. i was the first person to figure out you could summon a portal (spell, 2-way netherworld style) and bump people into it (which existed in mc at the time). i camped tf out of the bank where u had to convert gold ingots to currency with that crap. friend ended up making a killing machine that automated the whole thing. it would drop em into a anti-magic space /w a piston that moved up and down to prevent usage of /stuck command, with a sign showing an ASCII bus honking its horn. u could make it do damage, or turn that off to force them to kill themselves via /suicide. Once they died, items r saved forever due to chunk deload. absolute genius invention. We called it the suckhole and ourselfs the suckboys. good rear end game.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i fkn missed out huge on UO trickery. smdh

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Only thing I remember about my ICQ number is that it was 5 digits because I used to brag about it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

i never played UO but did play a minecraft server modded in its image. i was the first person to figure out you could summon a portal (spell, 2-way netherworld style) and bump people into it (which existed in mc at the time). i camped tf out of the bank where u had to convert gold ingots to currency with that crap. friend ended up making a killing machine that automated the whole thing. it would drop em into a anti-magic space /w a piston that moved up and down to prevent usage of /stuck command, with a sign showing an ASCII bus honking its horn. u could make it do damage, or turn that off to force them to kill themselves via /suicide. Once they died, items r saved forever due to chunk deload. absolute genius invention. We called it the suckhole and ourselfs the suckboys. good rear end game.

powerful trolling machine. well done. reminds me of this vid the SA goons made of their trolling exploits on UO Gamers: Hybrid, which was a very easily trollable server due to the incredible amoutn of "trammies" there. (people who prefer the "trammel" facet, aka "carebears")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuxFp6Eibyk

:tipshat: to gluttony of sds and jacques for running that dumpster fire of a guild for 10 years or whatever

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
ooooOOOOOOooOOoOOoOoo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

same, op

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

some real power here: saving consecutive BMPs to make a GIF ftw

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i was wand rank or something in that game :smug:

late 90s internet was peak internet

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Victory Position posted:

oh yeah, Enfo's was great

I preferred Tides of Blood to DOTA, but it was one of a million Aeon of Strife maps that ran with it thanks to heroes and shops

i was the biggest loving fanboy of tides of blood lmao

i posted on the forums and gave lots of feedback and tips to the devs. a billion times better than dota. i made all my friends play it LAN'd up and we'd stomp pubbies. the community for that game was tiny compared to the other dota-types, too

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
ToB crew represent

zynga dot com
Nov 11, 2001

wtf jill im not a bear!!!

A dossier and a state of melted brains: The Jess campaign has it all.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Suspicious posted:

ToB crew represent

Leto best character, then Cervantes, then the warlock on the other team

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
uh oh

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Victory Position posted:

some real power here: saving consecutive BMPs to make a GIF ftw

playing the leaked mp3 from Maynard and Trent's "Tapeworm" project on my 2.1 computer speaker system while playing Gunbound and waiting for my Soulseek queue to loving MOVE (currently number 56)

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i say swears online posted:

i was the biggest loving fanboy of tides of blood lmao

i posted on the forums and gave lots of feedback and tips to the devs. a billion times better than dota. i made all my friends play it LAN'd up and we'd stomp pubbies. the community for that game was tiny compared to the other dota-types, too

the only thing i remember about tides of blood is that leto atreides was a hero for some reason

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

babypolis posted:

the only thing i remember about tides of blood is that leto atreides was a hero for some reason

he used the Kael'thas model too lmao

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN

Xaris posted:

Smythe i forgot to ask you, do you remember what the goon clan in Natural Selection 1 was? i thought it was reflect | reflect but idk. i dont think i was more then a feeble weak 0.1% charged spirit lurker then onlyu vaguely aware of ppppowernotebook as the sum of the goon knowledge

Xaris posted:

i dont know if they had their own server but they were CPL peeples that played everywhere. i think they would reflect their usename like duogodofdeath | htaedfodogoud type thing, and i thought that was the goon one bc it woul be extrmly gooney but idk. oh well thogt you may know being a 2003-er but tis not important

never forget ns_bast

Reflect was never a goon clan, but we did run a pub server for a bit, and duo is, in fact, very goony.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Dr. Furious posted:

Reflect was never a goon clan, but we did run a pub server for a bit, and duo is, in fact, very goony.
okay wasn't sure, seemed like it would have been the goon one but maybe there wasn't one. or maybe it was just LLJK but i don't think it was a clan rather just goon tag. my memory is rotten from years of sleep deprivation

oh hey i remember you from ns1 too. always fun to recognize old players. i know uhh supernorn used to post too and recognize some other goons every so often like 404notfound and few others

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Xaris posted:

okay wasn't sure, seemed like it would have been the goon one but maybe there wasn't one. or maybe it was just LLJK but i don't think it was a clan rather just goon tag. my memory is rotten from years of sleep deprivation

oh hey i remember you from ns1 too. always fun to recognize old players. i know uhh supernorn used to post too and recognize some other goons every so often like 404notfound and few others

Supernorn's a great guy and he basically made Space Station 13 look like something not resembling a pile of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
*driving around cs_blingedoutcars while someone plays a house remix of leekspin over in game voice*