Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7JIK2p6MFk

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

very nice 1 frame links

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

very nice 1 frame links

beats plinking

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i use a password manager so unfortunately i have easy access to all my old embarrassing screennames

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

i dont play or understand fighting games but i liked KOF's clean art style and gameplay. saw this live and liked it a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9VKIOGL2Sc

Durf has issued a correction as of 10:23 on Jan 23, 2021

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i use a password manager so unfortunately i have easy access to all my old embarrassing screennames

What's the worst one?

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
there was like a few games that wanted a first and last name for some reason so i just gave them poo poo like "mildred monday" and "dino allsman" with some dumbass screenname attached

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

in starcraft in like '99 I rode the wave of omg so r4nd0m and changed my bnet name to RancidMonkey

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
did you remember your icq number yet

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

i say swears online posted:

in starcraft in like '99 I rode the wave of omg so r4nd0m and changed my bnet name to RancidMonkey

I loving sucked at BW so badly that I eventually gave up playing regular games and just played UMS instead (cat and mouse fuckin ruled). Few years later I got passably OK at BW because one of my friends, who was Actually Good at it, helped me get better so he could have someone to practice PvT against. I've lost it though lol, if I tried playing BW remaster I'd get loving liquefied

BW owns and there's still a pretty big scene with a meta that doesn't really stagnate

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

very nice 1 frame links

honesty is the best policy :hai:

98 is good with this since it's garbage with directional inputs lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Korean Boomhauer posted:

you had a pw mgr in like 2004? the gently caress?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

did you remember your icq number yet

i thought it was 36338256 but its not apparently.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Smythe posted:

I think we call them notebooks these days

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Smythe posted:

ya it was mostly a notebook bakc then but the moment i got into a real digital password manager i moved everything on my notebook over to that

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
tell me the first 2 bars of this song doesnt give u chills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X1gC3BLq2w

if u say it doesnt and also played this gamne, ur a liar.

the chest would open, ur client would lag as gently caress with the animation, and then wow. you were entering sosaria. the greatest place on earth.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fluoride Jones posted:

I think we call them notebooks these days

Korean Boomhauer posted:

ya it was mostly a notebook bakc then but the moment i got into a real digital password manager i moved everything on my notebook over to that

lol ok super genius ppl itt

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
my notebook was real cool i used symbols instead of letters or phrases so that if someone found it they wouldnt know it was a password page in my notebook they'd just think it was something dumb

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i had a little sandstone house in shame desert. front porch crawling with scorpions and poo poo. dangerous house. then ~5 years later i placed a house there on a freeshard, an L shape. i will always live in compassion desert. basically the fresno of ultima online.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Korean Boomhauer posted:

my notebook was real cool i used symbols instead of letters or phrases so that if someone found it they wouldnt know it was a password page in my notebook they'd just think it was something dumb

this mf invented cyphers as a teen. galaxy brain N word.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
when i was a teen the smarted thing i did was download 900 pictures of sarah michelle gellar and jennifer love hewit and download some pos windows slideshow app so it would scroll them so i could j/o hands free to the pics

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe posted:

this mf invented cyphers as a teen. galaxy brain N word.

also id like to point out the prominence of "this mf" is because it is syllabically interchangeable with "the n word" so you can use it in its place. that is literally the etymology of this little piece of internet parlance I am certain. I reached this conclusion based on my own analysis.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUNtqRPkmo4

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

when i was a teen the smarted thing i did was download 900 pictures of sarah michelle gellar and jennifer love hewit and download some pos windows slideshow app so it would scroll them so i could j/o hands free to the pics

look, I was keeping !!!!!! SEE KERRIGAN NAKED !!!!!! for later but jeez,

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Victory Position posted:

look, I was keeping !!!!!! SEE KERRIGAN NAKED !!!!!! for later but jeez,

i think BW kerrigan was pretty gnar looking so that is a pretty progressive stance to JO to BW era kerrigan, well, unless it was human/ghost kerrigan who was always bangin. but zerg mode kerrigan was brutal in BW but they sexed her up for SC2. gave her big chitin high heels etc

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
this was always one of my fav cinematics from sc1. so sick. obvciously cribbed from alien? yes? film scholars? (i went to film school)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7pifjPrBqI

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
for any lurkers (LOL) wondering what this thread is: it's aging millennial chat

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

insanely epically this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
that pic is making me lol

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

I do pine for the days of active tf2 servers that weren't just trading poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
you ever notice how back in the day we all had a 1px border on our avs? now we dont. hosed up. is this due to PNG? things to consider.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fluoride Jones posted:

my friend was a semipro tf2 player. very good at this game. now hes in prison. coincidence? things to consider.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Fluoride Jones posted:

this but 2010 before Luigi30 made this poo poo

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

my friend was a semipro tf2 player. very good at this game. now hes in prison. coincidence? things to consider.

if I can call names, doc john carter, who dropped out of med school to play TF2 competitively. lol.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Victory Position posted:

if I can call names, doc john carter, who dropped out of med school to play TF2 competitively. lol.

more power to em IMO

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

more power to em IMO

it figured out but lol

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

not like I've done the same thing myself :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i was never really worth a drat at games. i played in CAL for CS 1.6. i was the highest level paladin in the first (maybe?) season of Diablo 2 1.10 ladder for a few weeks. I was one of the greatest UO players of my era. sucked poo poo at WoW, UT, Quake, etc. Well, didnt suck per se, but there's a large gulf between being a pupstomper with a huge KDA and being able to hang in comp play. I got "heavy watch" as artosis says, slow hands. such is life.