Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I forgot how good Flatline is. The tiny TARDIS is such a great idea, I'd have been happy if they stretched it out to a two parter with more tiny TARDIS antics. And 2D monsters is a cool and good idea.

Why the heck hasn't Chibnall had Jamie Mathieson back? Mummy on the Orient Express, Flatline, and Oxygen are all top tier stories. Yeah The Girl Who Died was less good but nobody's perfect and that was co-written with Moffat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Please don't even joke about a Disney Doctor Who

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Tracy Ann Oberman? Gross

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

It's funny how common the sentiment was, pre him doing big finish, that Eric Roberts was too big time now to do anything Doctor Who. It's like, people, he did A Talking Cat!?! after he was in The Dark Knight.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

lol Leela is so cool.

4 really had the best companions. Sarah-Jane, Harry, Leela, Romana, K9, Tegan, Nyssa, Adric.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Yeah Chibnall's era is very consistent, almost all the episodes are ok to pretty good, with a couple of terrible ones. And one really terrible one. There are no really good episodes with Whittaker.

I would prefer the RTD/Moffat style rollercoaster where you don't know if you are getting dogshit or a masterpiece, at least then there was the chance of a masterpiece. It's a shame because Jodie is a really good actor, and I like her as the Doctor, but the writing just isn't there.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I just watched Children of Earth and the first couple episodes of the one with Bill Paxton.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Oh absolutely, having done a recent re-watch of Pertwee's first season, I'd say the whole season is worth looking up. :)

:yeah:

This, but Pertwee's entire run. Hell just watch all the 1970s.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Gameko posted:

Sounds like I can greatly smooth over my viewing of classic who with a britbox subscription. It's possible to find a lot of episodes on weird, off-brand streaming services, but it's almost more trouble than it's worth.

...looks like Red Dwarf is on there too...I never did watch the last series. I felt like the show lost its soul when Chris Barrie left. Wouldn't be bad to catch up on... And oh! Father Brown!

Yeah it's not as easy as it used to be to find everything on dailymotion, and they are often flipped or slowed down to frustrate the copyright bots. My lockdown re-watch was via Britbox. Couldn't tell you what else is on there cos I only watched Doctor Who.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I always have a great time watching Time Flight because my brain just goes into full Airplane! mode.

I'm sure I remember a youtube video that edited the two together but I can't find it now.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Payndz posted:

It was one of Farmergeddon's impressive mash-up videos, but unfortunately they seem to have disappeared from YouTube. (The only one I found was part 1 of his Five Doctors pisstake.) I've got it saved somewhere, but no idea exactly where.

Edit: oh hey, Google knows all!

Haha, fantastic, thank you. I had a look for it when I posted, but couldn't find anything.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

And in The Matrix's second and only other appearance, in Trial of a Time Lord, the records were also falsified.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Nothing original to add, +1 for glad Chibnall is going, wished Whittaker was staying.

Jerusalem posted:

Given that Chibnall had just as bad if not worse issues than Moffat with getting a full season on television in a year (even taking COVID into account) I have to assume the issue is with the BBC itself rather than the showrunner. This last Whittaker season only being six episodes, then two specials and a send-off NEXT year is crazy, that's barely 2/3rds of a single RTD season!

Yeah even before the plague he wasn't exactly churning out the episodes.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Hey, Kate Herron's not coming back for Loki season two, maybe the MCU's loss can be the BBC's gain?

She did a good job, but she didn't write Loki, she was the director. Show-runners tend to be writers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Extremely not hot take- Moffat's first and last series are the best series of the revival, but they have a few weaker episodes.