Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Escobarbarian posted:

:bisonyes::five::yeshaha:

this show might not actually be loving trash

I can’t even imagine that

It’s been loving trash for so long

What great news

I haven't been in a Doctor Who thread since sometime during Peter Capaldi's final season and lost interest in the show partially through Jodie Whittaker's first season thinking I had outgrown or changed and Doctor Who wasn't for me. Loved her take on the Doctor, the show just felt "off"

I'm guessing it wasn't me

Sidenote: Is it worth watching through the last season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

LionArcher posted:

the bad decision at the end aside, it has no episodes as bad as "amazon is great actually suck it" episode from the season prior. That one was the worst episode of the entire NEW WHO run as far as I'm concerned. Nothing comes close.

Kerblam is the last episode I saw so that checks out

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Here is my crazy, wild and out-there suggestion on how the BBC should handle the show. I know it sounds revolutionary but hey let's aim big:

Every year (EVERY year) they make 12-13 new episodes of the show. It airs on the same day each week, at the same time each week.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go lie down, that took a lot out of me.

What we really need is Who+ at £9.95 a month

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

I am now halfway through season 12 in my way to catch up with the show. Loved seeing Captain Jack again but why can't the Doctor just...idk be the Doctor? A Time Lord who didn't really fit in and ran away to explore and have fun? Does there have to be some weird mystery/all important origin?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Finally mostly caught up. Finished season 12 proper and just have the Revolution of the Daleks to go. I was really hoping to get something great from Sacha Dhawan's Master and there were certainly glimmers of his acting ability here and there but overall a miss. Ryan, Yaz, and Graham constantly feel like interchangeable roles and I don't feel any sort of attachment to them or what happens to them.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Watching Revolution of the Daleks and they really couldn't come up with a better containment vessel for the cloned Dalek than an ATX computer case with two RGB fans at the bottom?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

The politics of Ker-blam are loving horrifying.

Definitely right up there with "don't take your meds" from In the Forest of the Night, which was somehow seven loving years ago and I'm older than dirt.

Why the hell did the Doctor just straight up kill the dude? Could've just had the delivery bots deliver to themselves and that's it.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

Billie Piper is about the same age as Jodie Whitaker and I am sure she has grown as an actor since her time on Doctor Who, but I'm not sure if I can ever take her seriously again after they made her try to do that accent in Penny Dreadful.

Speaking of Penny Dreadful, time to cross the final Whovian frontier; Josh Hartnett as the Doctor

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

You know I really can't think of a more terrible idea than the Timeless Child, if you think about it, it's the most terrible ide-

:stare:

You're welcome, it truly is the worst I could think of

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Lil' Anakin Skywalker warns Greedo that he's going to get into trouble one day, then turns and points to another alien not seen until now, and warns Lil' Davros that he will too. "Just according to keikaku maclunkey*" chuckles Palpatine, watching from across the way.

* Keikaku maclunkey means plan.

Fixed that for you

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

This is how I learned about Maclunkey, thank you for this gift. This bizarre, why the gently caress can't Disney just release the theatrical cut on Blu-Ray gift.

Don't get me started on bizarre changes to the OT

Back on Doctor Who, after getting caught up with the Chibnall era I decided to go back and watch revival episodes that I've never considered good from each Doctor (Aliens of London/WW3, Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks, Curse of the Black Spot, and Kill the Moon) while they were still bad they didn't feel out of place or inconsistent with who/how the Doctor is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

All creatures great and small definitely saw circulation on the PBS scene in the US.

In my mind it's definitely Peter Davison. My grandmother had a crush on him from All Creatures Great and Small on PBS and definitely watched Doctor Who in the early 80s on PBS outside of Cleveland.