Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zushio
May 8, 2008

The Shame Boy posted:

We're currently trying to find a Master Chief Xbox since those are suppose to have better disc drives in them. But maybe a modded one is the way to go, since you could just replace the drive while you're modding it anyway.

Which one is that? Mine is in the transparent white case, which came bundled with I think Halo 2 and Crimson Skies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I always suspected the cow is a reference to Turn A Gundam. It was such a popular moment in the show that even the model kit comes with a tiny cow you can fit in the chest bay. Turn A aired from 1999 to 2000, so other than the ill fated live action film and few shorts it was the latest Gundam when this came out in 2002. SEED had either just started airing or was about to, so I don't think it would have been a reference point during design.

Edit: I double checked, Seed started airing about a month after Steel Battalion came out.

Photo not mine.

I'm sure you can find a clip online.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 18, 2021