Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

EclecticTastes posted:

Also, I'm actually very curious, if you hooked up the controller and played a non-Steel Battalion game, do some of the buttons/sticks actually serve as the regular Xbox controls? Like, does the console assign them default functions? Or is it just complete dead weight when not used for this specific game? Like, IIRC, stuff like the Donkey Kong bongos and Guitar Hero controllers would work (sort of) like normal controllers when used for other games, just with fairly inconvenient mapping (without modding), so I wonder if that applies here.

It's such a gorgeous controller I wonder if it might be possible to map it to PC somehow. Use keymapping software and have the mother of all sim-game joysticks. Something like this would be tremendous fun for Elite Dangerous, and of course KSP already has people making dedicated hardware switchpanels for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

I was thrilled by this and immediately looked up the price of a controller on eBay....£300 used. Well over £900 for in-box.

Maaaaaybe not just now. But it's nice to know the option is there!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I hope SCARE FACE is a troop nickname or a mistranslated codename. I'd hate to think some military manufacturer actually went through procurement with that name.

("Yeah the sarge said SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE and, erm....")

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

ArclightBorealis posted:

And either way, it's hardly the weirdest name that any of these VTs get in this game. Because one of them, at least according to Kaboom Dragoon when he saw in a later update, sounds like a name for a type of laxative so take that for what you will.

"Sir, enemy contacts on the screen. IDing as two SCARE FACEs, one GIRAFFE CUDDLER, and a BUTTFLOW."

"Could be worse. There's a CROQUE-MONSIEUR active in this sector, and we've reports of an EXLAX GARGLER. Stand by."