Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I remember when one of my friends picked this up and invited me and some other buddies over.

One of them sat down in front of the controller with eyes wide and full of excitement. An hour later, we asked him if he wanted to plug in the controller and actually play the game.

For that hour, the only words he said were "Buttons!" and "Switches!"

He went on to be the best pilot out of all of us, to the point that he even preferred some of the older VTs due to their armaments, and basically did missions the game expects you to do with later gen VTs with a 1st gen.

Meanwhile, I could never figure everything out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I know there was a second one released in the USA with a more compact controller, too.

At least, I think it was another game. I just remember seeing the newer controller with just as many switches and buttons and knobs and pedals and fiddly bits (so many fiddly bits) but more compact.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Looking forward to seeing you use the VT you were plunking away at with the howitzer before blitzing for the end of the stage.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

ArclightBorealis posted:

320mm Sniper Rifle (320-sr)
It's designed to take out targets from a great distance. It has a greater range of fire than a normal rifle.
-----
Aside from the only negative being one extra weight point, this gun is a straight upgrade from the 315-SB in terms of firepower and range. Extra range is always nice to have in big open skirmishes, and when combined smartly with certain side weapons it makes quick work of VTs and knocking them down fairly consistently.
This.

This right here is the reason my friend loved the Scare Face.

He'd abuse the range on this thing to take out just about everything he could before advancing at all.

It was his preferred VT for the entire game.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
So that's where the Juggernaut shows up in the campaign!

A rather fitting entrance, I must say.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
That was definitely an... interesting choice of a VT for that mission.

Imagine being on the other side of those doors when they open, though. Just a giant slab of metal with huge guns when they open. Sure, horribly unoptimized, but just about any VT is going to be staring at the crotch of the Behemoth.

"Sir? I still can't see the top and the door's almost completely open."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
That is a whole bunch of dudes at the end ready to rain death upon you. Holy crap.