Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Someone, who may or may not have been a member of this forum, creating a Twitter account featuring a profile picture of Norman Tebbit being carried disorientated from the scene of the Brighton Hotel bombing, under the username 'Tebbit's Cum Face'

Tebbit Scum Face I believe, in a clever play on words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

the sex ghost posted:

Liam Ridgewell wiping his arse with £20 notes on instagram and becoming 'the most DISGUSTING footballer in HISTORY' overnight

Me and my m9 road tripping across the States and going to a game at the Jeld Wen arena and shouting oval office at Liam Ridgwell for having done this and having all the rooting section turn to look at us aghast

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Andy Gray and Clive Tyldesley in general were infuriating during that match with their inability to shut the gently caress up about the appearance of the players on the pitch. Why do they think we care what a couple of crusty old cunts think about footballers' beards or hair cuts.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

There was a fat shirtless man (monitor is switched on) who spent the entire 90 minutes shouting 'were gonna rock down to park avenue'

That's my underwhelming friendly story

That's two syllables short of scanning correctly you illiterate fat shirtless man!!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Don't forget Spain full on melting down in that tournament and going out at the group stages.

They lost a penalty shootout against Russia in the round of 16 after finishing 1st in their group.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Huh, I must be thinking of someone else then. Never mind

probably the previous world cup

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

greazeball posted:

That time when Balotelli and his mates set his house on fire the day before the Manchester derby because they were shooting fireworks out the bathroom window. And then the fire brigade had to call the cops to keep him from going back into the burning house to get things.

Leading to the incredible "why always me" celebration after he banged in the first goal in that Derby

Between that and Adebayor I think City have had some of the most iconic celebrations of recent memory

CyberPingu posted:

God there's so many great Balotelli stories

Half of them totally made up but the fact they're usually indistinguishable from the real ones speaks volumes

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

britishbornandbread posted:

Is the one about him going to that pub in Wythenshawe bollocks, too?

apparently bollocks yep

quote:

NG: Good lord. Did you go to church on Christmas Eve?

MB: Yeah.

NG: Did you put a thousand pound in the collection plate?

MB: No. I put … I don't know but not a thousand.

NG: Not a thousand? And then did you go to a pub in Wythenshawe and buy everybody a drink afterwards?

MB: No I didn't.

His mum sending him out for normal stuff and him coming back with stupid poo poo is true though.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Paul Scholes giving his daughter a tender loving footjob and that somehow being a normal thing in his family

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Lmao sorry no its not. Still loving rank mind

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Apropos, remember Man City doing this for Gundogan.

I had forgotten about this and apparently never saw Gündoğan's response at the time, which was "don't worry, I'm still alive" which makes me like him more

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

My French teacher in senior school (who I and many other students had the massive horn for) was his translator when he was at City and said he was an arsehole

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Neymar right now

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

What's the asterix? Yeah everything around it sucks but all the teams are clearly going for it and treating it like a normal competition

If anything I'd say the asterixes will come once the format gets totally hosed with. Or are worth bearing in mind when you look at the first few tournaments and how they were staged

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

brocked posted:

*Banging forks and knives on table*
Messi!
Messi!
Messi!

again, not even in the same league as those other shitheads

he didn't even join in the rest of the argentina team in jeering at the Dutch yesterday, seems like a good lad what likes trains

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I've always thought it was a toffee apple ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a giant lollipop op how are goons this bad at visually identifying things

It has the lollipop ridge around it

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Go look at a chupachup you chucklefucks before you step to me about lollipop ridges

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Red_Fred posted:

Holy hell. I’m learning things

You see what happens when you question my superior lollipop knowledge?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I see no lollipop ridge, fake as poo poo

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Paul Scholes slathering his gob all over, in and around his literal daughter's actual loving feet oh no wait that's not funny it's horrific and how is he still gainfully employed in a public facing job

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

i hate this bald fraud so much op

Actually he's a bald mentalist what owns

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

kri kri posted:

Thank you for the gifs

It was from motd I think and it was a gif of moyes and then the camera focues on the crowd or scoreboard I can’t recall exactly

5/5 thread this

https://i.imgur.com/10yYfSv.mp4

Moyesy celebrating a 2 - 2 draw against Fulham?

Moyesy chuntering to himself as they lose to Sunderland?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FlusteredLiveFieldmouse-mobile.mp4

Moysey doing an effective manage?

the exact moment his soul leaves his body?

losing the will to live?

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 7, 2023

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

This kid is now 27 and owns a £40million vodka business

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I'm pretty sure you used to be able to search for this on Wikipedia and it would bring up his article but that isn't the case anymore

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Brap was funny to laugh at but also genuinely a bit hosed in the head and potentially dangerous

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Mainly this:

greazeball posted:

only if you're darren bent

But also I meant he gave me vibes that if you were m9s with him irl he would potentially get you into trouble. Punch a police horse that kind of thing.

fat gay nonce posted:

You literally spent a few years talking about how you'd jerk off to your housemates having sex you loving danger

I did 0 (zero) wanks to my housemates although yes it was a weird time. Glad to see you've mellowed with age

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

That time an unmarked Antony showboated an unnecessary double spin of the ball and then promptly made a poo poo pass straight out of play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Ji2sfh0u8&t=67s

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 8, 2023

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Yeah I could believe it if it were Ireland/Scotland or Wales playing each other

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Kane giving everyone a golden record with all his England goals on it featuring highlights such as North Macedonia, Bulgaria and Panama

He did loving what lol

Edit: lmao ffs Kane, I'd be hesitant to give those to my own family

the sex ghost posted:

Kalvin scored for England, glorified friendly redeemed

Wrong thread, modmin

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 19, 2023

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Vegetable posted:

I don’t know what Kane expects everyone to do with that thing. No one’s gonna hang on the wall a frame of someone else’s achievements wtf lol.

The article I got that picture from attempted to do a funny about that subject in the same vein as which Premier League managers would eat worms but it wasn't very good so I didn't bother linking it. But yeah, your colleague printing out multiple copies of their regional sales industry conference award and presenting it to the entire office is a scene straight out of, well, the office

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

How had I never heard of those before

A horrible little spod posted:

Well you went straight in there with a pic of your t**s so there’s no point taking a back step now. Hmmm. Not bad. Great t**. Definitely a no-go for social media.

Oh and apparently the woman he was texting is now the deputy leader of UKIP, and 100% wrote her own wikipedia page (paragraphs mine for legibility):

quote:

She married James[2] in 2005, with whom she had a daughter, Paris, in 2006, after which she suffered from severe post-natal depression.[2] While seven months pregnant with Paris, after suspecting James of having an affair,[4] and finding other private investigators unsympathetic[5] and unhirable for less than a day's wage plus expenses, she headed out with her friends Jess, Stephanie and Helen to surveil him;[2] she later discovered that he had six affairs in total,[4] to which she reacted by entering into an affair of her own.[2]

Spotting a gap in the market,[6] and finding other private investigators wanting unwilling to work for less than a day's wage plus expenses,[2] she established The Lady Detective Agency, a private investigation company; at the time, she was going by the name Rebecca Sutton-Gregory.[3] Her second husband, police officer[2] Ben Dowlers,[7] with whom she had a daughter,[8] Peach,[9] was her first ever boyfriend, when she was thirteen, and had previously been declined by her in Burnley when she was eighteen;[7] she moved from front-line investigation to marketing due to concerns from Ben's bosses that her work could be compromising for Ben.[2]

In January 2013, HarperCollins published her book, The Real Lady Detective Agency, about her experiences.[10] In 2015, she divorced Ben after she and her engaged neighbour had an eighteen-month affair,[11] and in 2018, she left the agency.[12]

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 3, 2023

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

Didn’t these turn out to be fake? Or was this one a real one and then people made up others? The Breville / Greville line from one for sure was made up by someone sadly

No this one at least is 100% real and read out on record in court

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Nasri is just so easy to mock. I guess it's his frenchness

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Jose posted:

Yoann Gourcuff injuring his hand high fiving a team mate being subbed off

whoever it was that tried drilling their infected toe making things much worse. possibly the same footballer burning his face after microwaving a whole egg and having it explode in his face

Darius Vassell was the toe

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Jose posted:

Paul Merson twice being called a degenerate crackhead on some sky sports phone in show

Man United TV having a caller on and complementing whichever former player it was for having a nice package

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khj1uho4U3k

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Also what a poo poo job the presenter does of pretending to be scandalised rather than amused

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Holy poo poo lol and lmao but apparently there's more context - it was just after Dani Alvez picked up and ate a banana thrown at him while playing for Barca, and then Neymar turned it into a campaign with that hashtag, the Brazilian players had been planning it for a while as a response next time someone got bananaed to highlight the racism in the Spanish league. Obviously our mate Luis isn't the best poster boy for such a campaign.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 13, 2023

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Yeah I only became aware of the concept of supercup semi-finals very recently reading about the Spanish ones. What an awful concept. Lol Saudi Arabia and all that but I can't blame them for not wanting to see a glorified friendly semi loving final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I mean they're not wrong