Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Ya Got?
This poll is closed.
Buccaneers - Bills 35 21.88%
Chiefs - Packers 43 26.88%
Packers - Bills 72 45.00%
Buccaneers - Chiefs 10 6.25%
Total: 160 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

kiimo posted:

Bills fans are invading the Chiefs forums saying Buffalo Wings are better than BBQ just keeping you all up to date on the news/views.

What about BBQ wings that are grilled on the char pit? A compromise.

I have had BBQ in Nashville and in Texas and they are both great for different reasons. The best wings are definitely in Buffalo. I like food, food is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Gatts posted:

Wings are great but easy to make and the secret is in the sauce since they are vehicles for sauce or rub. BBQ is harder to do right, takes skill and management and investment of time. I'd give the edge to BBQ because when it's good, it's great and can also be a vehicle for sauce and BBQ can include wings. I'd argue wings can be a subset of BBQ. It is inclusive.

In conclusion, KC and Bills fans should hug each other and sing kumbaya around a campfire and BBQing some wings.

There’s definitely skill to making good wings, knowing the right oil temperature and knowing how to get them so that they’re crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. The sauce is secondary because good sauce on poorly-cooked wings won’t make them good. Anyway you’re right that good BBQ is significantly more laborious and requires time management and all that. BBQ is also a wide category with a bunch of subsets and different ways to cook different meats etc so you’re right that wings can sometimes be under that umbrella.

Anyway if you serve wings with ranch instead of bleu cheese you are a monster, don’t @ me

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Commercials and wings and Buffalo?

https://youtu.be/QOgDGOQ8EB4

Their food is bad and their wings are subpar, also it was started by some Buffalo ex-pats so it isn’t really a Buffalo institution. We didn’t have a BWW here until I was in high school.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

coronavirus posted:

It still feels so weird that Buffalo has a NFL team, a good NFL team, and doesnt spend like a small market team.

You guys ever been to Buffalo? Its a nothing city. Feels so crazy we are going to the conference championship

I will fight you!!!!!!!

It was a much bigger city when the Bills & Sabres were established. The population of Erie County has increased since then but the population of the City of Buffalo has dwindled from ~600k in 1970 to ~250k now. Real Estate in the City* is hot right now, though, and there’s been a lot of public money invested in infrastructure so who knows what’s going to happen. The UB Medical Campus has been expanding rapidly but that’s about it.

*East Side is not included in the investment or improvement.