Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Game is a lot of fun so far, but the performance is certainly an issue. I have a high tolerance for performance issues after having long spans of time with ancient PC’s, but others may be less forgiving. But game is fun enough to still be worth it for me.

At this point, feel like I wouldn’t have minded if they made this one 2D as well, and just essentially ramped up 4 into new story and features. But then again, I like that type of partial top down view and gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

there are never any adults and it sucks

(some of the marriage candidates show up later via plot, they are not adults either)

True, the best candidates are never romance options. In 5, there is a perfectly good doctor mayor, sleepy restaurant owner, foxy item shop owner, pun-loving German, brawny blacksmith, and ace detective that should be available. At least the innkeeper looks like an adult.

In 4, the best you could do on the woman side adult-wise was Margaret and Forte. Man side had a few good adult options, though.

What I’m saying is they need to do one of these games where the main character and marriage candidates are at least 30. Maaaaaybe late 20’s.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I'm still early on but I love when I'm out of RP and need to use the inn but the dogman is just hanging out on the beach for an hour or two before slowly walking back inside.

I'm early game so just figured this was his routine and at some point someone else would move in and their routine would cover for him. Does this really never happen?

Now kinda annoyed that the other villagers get to just waltz right in whenever. Like dude, just give me a money dropbox or something.

Re: dodges, the only reason I know they work is that I can dash through flame pillars pretty consistently. It makes a sound effect and has a small visual to go along with a successful dodge.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

PBnJamo posted:

Yeah, I read that on gamefaqs. In practice, I had to just get to the restaurant shop screen to get them to show up as directives. Since the restaurant only opens at noon, I probably would've taken a long time to do it on my own.

Where are those fruit trees? Really would like apples and oranges so i can make sugar and salt type things.

Head out the east gate, go straight east, and you'll soon see a short deadend path on the right. The stump there can have seeds if you have a companion. There's also a potential seed spot in the volcanic region under the tree at the entrance of the hot spring with the two naked woolies in it. It's the tree directly to the right of the entrance to the water.

Both spots might or might not have a seed each day, and if they do, it's random between Twinkle, Grape, Apple, and Orange.

There are also apple and orange trees growing east of the east town gate. Oranges are in a tree in the clearing before going into that stump area mentioned above. The apple ones are along the path if you take the southeast road, just before going uphill after the clearing. Online guides probably give better directions than this.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

A Sometimes Food posted:

Otoh the one time they let you romance older candidates in SoS the results were a bit.... :magical:

But yeah release an s version where we can marry the doc or the lazy chef.

Would it be that hard for them to give the option to be 16 or 25? I haven't seen any dialogue that wouldn't fit yet, and they could have just cut the number of marriage candidates for the 16 year old and instead added romance plotlines to the actual adults, 1 for 1. Hell, make the romance options for women just be Sleepy Chef and Foxy lady and I think most people would be fine with just the two choices; for men, maybe switch out the little boy with the Blacksmith, but otherwise there seem to already be a couple of okay options.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

Margaret refers to decades passing in one of her lines.

Eh, horse boy and poison lover could have been fine to use, too. Nothing saying people in their whole fairly unique situation couldn’t last a few extra decades.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

If Scarlett is a cop so are you

Main character is more like a small town deputized sheriff who goes on adventures. Scarlett is just a cop.

And yes, add me to the group of people who like Ludmilla. She’s fun. Looks like the best female bachelorette since foxy item shop lady isn’t an option.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Talk to him a bit. I think you'll find that was probably his idea entirely.

Palmo is great. I kinda wonder if all the space between buildings was intended to give some room to have artsy expansions from him, but was a bit too ambitious for this entry.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
They should never fix that ever. Like the men wearing short shorts in the swamp town of Witcher 2. Or Skyrim giants launching players into orbit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Tamba posted:

RF4: Is there any reason to upgrade your tools if you're not planning on fighting with them?

(I mean increasing their level, making the higher tier tools good, obviously)

Use an invisible stone to make your tools invisible and look like you’re an anime martial arts god, breaking logs and stone with just the wind from swinging your arms, etc.