Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Yinlock posted:

Don't know if there's a megathread for this somewhere so i'm just leaving the Anime Farm Report here: pioneers of olive town is alright

Which is disappointing after trio of towns kicked so much rear end, all they had to do was Trio Of Towns Again But This Time There's Gay Marriage and it would've been 10/10 easy. Instead they gutted the social aspect(besides keeping gay marriage around from the FOMT remake, which is good) and added 20,000 construction machines in a weird attempt to ape stardew without understanding both why stardew was good and why story of seasons was fine doing it's own thing

The farming part is fun though, they nailed & improved a couple stardew things like the fun animal crossing museum where you can donate treasures and fish and photos of wild animals, and having skills that give you immediate tangible benefits when they level. Also you can ride a giant wolf or magical unicorn

It's a resounding Decent, upgraded to Good if you're like me and are one of the 3 fans of the anime farming genre

also, where are my fukken portraits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

v. happy that rune factory is back, gonna harvest the carcass of some dread hellbeast to make an insanely cool watering can