Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This is awesome news, thank you for posting it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
RF5: I got a free axe from a request, but is there a free hammer/fishing rod or should I spend 1500 each on those from the shop?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

AARD VARKMAN posted:

it is pretty fail that you can't marry the the two ladies with huge boobies imo
there's a third lady with huge boobies after the first dungeon

no you can't marry her either

also don't be like me, the "ship a turnip" request gives you a turnip to ship, you're not walled, just take it and complete it at 8 am

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Where's the Fairy? I found the other two of the first hunted monsters, but I can't find it. Being told it's in "central" of the woodlands does not exactly help.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Gyoru posted:

by the pond

Further than I'd gone on to look, thank you!

e: totally unrelated, but the Cheep-Cheep Sandals still make their annoying noise in cutscenes lmao

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 23, 2022

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

HellOnEarth posted:

It also lets you grab items from a distance (like fruit up in trees).
oh my loving god that is how they wanted me to get the apples thank you

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I need liquid. Where can I farm liquid? Someone find me liquid. Him name hopkin green liquid.

(no seriously I just need anything in the category "liquid", I had some Viscous Fluid or something but I forget where it came from and so I can't get more. I tried the slime mobs in the woodlands with no luck but that may have just been drop rate. I'm three dungeons in.)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Shinjobi posted:

RF5 first five minutes impressions: I'm surrounded by children, a Wolfman, and a doctor mayor.
wolfman's got nards

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Saxophone posted:

I’m probably gonna marry Forte because she seems like the only adult. Maybe Clorica. Being constantly asleep is absolutely a mood.
there are never any adults and it sucks

(some of the marriage candidates show up later via plot, they are not adults either)

RF5: is there a wiki or something in English yet? I want to tame the insects that drop Pretty Carapace (the second-tier one) and I forget where they are (or just farm them for drops, what little I could figure out from gamewith made it sound like I should beat up hornets, but I don't have my drat seed ring back yet)

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 25, 2022

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
When does Heinz actually stay in his shop once he hires help? Because Lucas doesn't do the "show me your random items" window and that's what I'm after.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nuebot posted:

I'm still early on but I love when I'm out of RP and need to use the inn but the dogman is just hanging out on the beach for an hour or two before slowly walking back inside.
he also takes a lunch at 1 PM or something :)

Argue posted:

Is there no way to place furniture more deliberately other than walking more slowly? I realize even previous RF games weren't really great with placement mechanics but at least in those, you couldn't accidentally place them at a very slight off angle! It's driving me nuts! Also it was easier in previous games to put items nearly flush against the wall; I keep ending up with way too much space between wall and furniture here.
it doesn't really help but if you hold R you can strafe slowly

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

HPanda posted:

I'm early game so just figured this was his routine and at some point someone else would move in and their routine would cover for him. Does this really never happen?
it does not happen in the first eight dungeons I'll tell you that (I am not further than that yet)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Maguoob posted:

Generally speaking 99% of monsters can be tamed with few exceptions for non bosses (no giant wooly for you).
I am so mad about this.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Do you have to harvest all four Starfall crops for the "harvest all non-golden veggies" quest? I haven't harvested everything yet either way but I'm making sure.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I know accessory inheritance works similarly in 5 as in 4, but I also recall that in 4 some stuff just didn't inherit. Can I do the "drop rate up" ring into the "skill exp gained up" pendant, or vice versa, or does that not work either way because they're listed effects rather than stat bonuses?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

LostRook posted:

No, it should work like that as long as you are using accessories with accessories and as part of the recipe. As I recall there is a chance it doesn't inherit and you do need the forge to be upgraded to verify it inherited properly.
Right, I've managed single inheritance (and verified at the forge), but putting two accessories in at once only inherits one. Apparently you might be able to chain them? Like do A into B and then B into C and have A's ability in C? If someone could confirm or deny that it'd be aces.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dirk the Average posted:

It's worth noting that the RF games seem to mostly work off of damage = attack - defense (with a few wrinkles here or there), so small number increases can make a huge difference. I think that's also how easy/normal/hard work as well; they're mostly just adjusting enemy levels, which in turn adjusts enemy stats.
And also that it ramps up hard in some dungeons. If you've ever played something like the Ys games, where you go from dealing like 2 damage a hit to like 200 within four levels or so as you hit the "expected" level for a boss, it's like that - being overwhelmed in a new area is totally normal! Failure is part of the experience.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Silver Falcon posted:

That is really helpful to know. Maybe I'll just bail on the dungeon and try to remember how to tame monsters. That fairy thing sounds really helpful.
Brush them repeatedly (if you have the defense to survive doing so, not mandatory but makes the next step easier), then throw literally any item at them until they don't give you a skull back. You can throw items they like better, but for all non-boss enemies you can literally just do green grass/medicinal herbs/branches/rocks/whatever

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Gyoru posted:

RF5 accessory crafting info
https://www.reddit.com/r/runefactory/comments/trw41u/accessory_inheritance_mechanics_in_rf5_and_how/

First accessory will overwrite the effect no matter what then it's RNG whether the extras get carried over

I'm in the postgame and farming for rare drops from the final boss is driving me insane :frog:
oh gently caress thank you for this I had no idea that the first one overwrote the effect altogether

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Gyoru posted:

You need to have any RF4S save file to get Doug and Margaret to join your RF5 town
also they're not all upside, they count as villagers for the "raise everyone's happiness to level 5/10" quests for some inexplicable reason

this is just me whining about having to talk to Doug, also I'm definitely going to burn out and quit before I get any one person to level ten let alone everyone, this game is really one step forward ten steps back

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
just give us Porco again and don't explain why he looks the exact same, I want more Sainte-Coquille action

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
the Eating Contest is just stone unwinnable for a slow masher like me, even with good RNG I got 15.8k to Palmo's 17.2k

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FrickenMoron posted:

Also, does Object X before bed cheese no longer work in RF5?
It does not - looks like self-inflicted statuses no longer raise resist status.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FrickenMoron posted:

I always use my switch docked. I just checked, and yes its true.
IN HANDHELD.
Docked you can't see them.

Even by the standards of the rest of this game, this is loving baffling, how did they do that?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FrickenMoron posted:

Ever since Lucas joined the town Heinz isnt at the shop counter anymore. When/Where can I buy misc. stuff from him?
He enters the shop at 3 PM every non-HOL day. Give or take - some days he's in there at 2:30 some days he's in there at 3:05. And yes, this is an inconvenient pain in the rear end.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FrickenMoron posted:

Another small grievance i have with RF5: why does it till the entire stack of stuff into the field you place it on? makes it much harder to micromanage stuff with corn
god it's awful, I got to endgame and was individually breaking out every four-leaf clover etc

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Silver Falcon posted:

How long does it even last? I'm growing ingredients for the anti-typhoon stuff now cuz it also protects against winter storms, but I couldn't find any information on how long it protects your fields for. I need... a lot of it.
afaik it lasts until a typhoon hits - it adds "defense" to a field that is only depleted by storms

also it's relatively cheap to just buy a shitload once you get the money train going, another mechanic that only sucks early on, which is brutal :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm really salty that RF5 has a level 99 hoe but only a level 80 watering can that is 2x2 too small to do your entire starting field in one charge.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Snake Maze posted:

They get charge attacks that cover larger areas, with the higher tier tools getting more levels of charge.
also this is more relevant in RF4 than RF5, because if you charge up the axe/hammer you can spam the button for 3x the big radius hits in a row (instantly breaking the weaker boulders/stumps)

in rf5 they removed this entirely afaik and you just... charge to do 1 hit to everything in range for no reason

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FrickenMoron posted:

The framerate is rear end and the load times are too but I'm still having fun to continue playing. Just make sure the game is installed on the switch' internal storage, not SD card. Helps a tiny bit with load times.
This, plus I've had three crashes. But it's like... fine. I mean it really just got me to want to play RF4 again, and I will never replay RF5 when I can just do that. But it gives me hope for RF6 and it's not bad, just not good.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zeron posted:

After following the tips (Save to internal storage, turn off dynamic resolution, set text speed to slow) my game experience is pretty smooth except for load times. Docked only mind. After the first few hours I can't say I notice any issues anymore.
Oh, for what it's worth I was handheld only, did two of these (text speed fast), and aside from the crashes I never really had complaints about the hiccups, they were just noticeable.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dirk the Average posted:

The final 2 plot bosses can also drop recipe bread+ and they're very quick.
Final two? Holy poo poo the drop rate on the penultimate must be insanely low. Never had the final one not drop one, but never got anything but ice cream from that jerk before it.

(well that's a lie I also got the exclusive drop once, and shipped it, then gave up farming it because lmao.)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FrickenMoron posted:

So I'm not wrong that they massively lowered all drop rates in this game because of the seal mechanic? That definitely was a terrible decision.
The seal never gets cheaper either. I ended up at Sealing skill level 60something and it still took a noticeable chunk of my RP - is it goddamn percentage-based?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
It's so much better and you get a free one from a chest guaranteed. I have no idea why.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

brainwrinkle posted:

Stupid question - is there any mechanical difference between the farm dragons? Like is the fire one always summer and the ice always winter?
The reason I can prove this is not a stupid question is because they all grow the same starfall crop

ask me about finding out firsthand by wasting a bunch of starfall seeds on dragons just assuming they were seasonal :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Saxophone posted:

Oh man, Stardew has me trained that my crops are just gonna poof at the start of a season so this whole time I’ve been laughing like I got away with something.

Welp.
They do not poof, the only difference is that crops will grow more slowly in bad seasons for them and faster in good seasons (it's in the crop description)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
replaying rf4 and it's so much better than rf5

but uh, now I gotta trigger Memories, so wish me luck goons

(at least I realized I can raid Leon Karnak for Orichalcum beforehand because my weapons and armor are starter crap + all level 10 Iron upgrades to get me over the hump)

edit: holy poo poo, in RF4 Special they made it so Memories is guaranteed to be the next Town Event after you finish act 2?!?!?! this rocks

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 11, 2022

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Silver Falcon posted:

What do I dooooooooooooooo?
Take an item out of your inventory, then put it down on the switch. Literally any item, stack of 1 ok.

(also, I don't remember if you have to throw an item over an impasse to land on a switch at some point in the dungeon, but be aware you can do that too.)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Platinum loving sucks because it's only from the boxes in Floating Empire until arc 3, but it's the way to go, unless...

if your forging/crafting skills are over 50 you can get a huge jump in power by just stuffing level 10 seeds in every empty slot both while creating and while upgrading - there's a stat buff based on total level of items used in an item, and the final buff for 150 total levels is +700 atk or like + 500 def (body armor only). note that the highest total level possible is also exactly 150 (six level ten ingredients, nine level ten upgrades) so the best gear you have access to is actually a Broadsword made from level 10 iron + a loooot of level 10 turnip seeds (or whatever random level 10 crap you have lying around, because the stats literally do not matter)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh! The AOE was the giant light ball from the old dude? Yeah, that poo poo is awful and will basically always oneshot you. Just avoid. Take the little teleporter in the opposite corner to end up behind him and beat him up!