Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Norm Finkelstein loving rules. What a great interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The closest I’ve ever come to crashing my car is when Felix asked if the makeshift YPG tank Brace rode in had an aux cord. Not sure why, but that completely set me off.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I’m currently reading “Case Closed” by Gerald Posner, which was written as a refutation of the JFK-CIA conspiracy. It’s an interesting read and honestly contains some details that temper my conviction of the Agency’s involvement—the principal of which is Oswalds apparent life-long vocal adherence to Marxism. Oswald apparently read Kapital while in high school and got kicked out of a classmate’s house for spouting off on his love of communism.

No real explanation for Demohrenschildt’s relationship with Harvey, and George’s connection to the CIA is hand waved away with like one paragraph of bullshit explanation. The author also claims that Demohrenschildt was a leftist. Also no convincing explanation for the CIA address provided on Oslwad’s Fair Play for Cuba Comittee fliers. I haven’t gotten far enough in yet, but I’m certain it won’t meaningfully address Jolly West’s involvement with Jack Ruby. Should be interesting to see how condescending of a tone Posner takes w/r/t Jolly’s involvement with MK Ultra.

Oswald’s youth and record in the marines make him come off as more of a patsy from day one than a knowing asset. He seems like the Cold War equivalent of the mentally challenged guy who gets coerced into action by an undercover agent.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 17, 2021

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

In what sense was he a conservative?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Tom O'Neil’s book is insanely good.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/nberlat/status/1431679419253510144?s=21

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/prostasiainc?s=21

He is also the comms director for the Protasia Foundation, a “sex positive” organization dedicated to “an evidence-based approach” to preventing CSA.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Holy poo poo, from the Prostasia Foundation website:

quote:

Minor Attracted Persons, or MAPs, are the target of social and legal censure; they are hated and despised. Often, they hate and despise themselves. Some hope that the...

https://prostasia.org/?s=MAP

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Not sure why Peter Dale Scott isn’t interested in the Colston Westbrook/Jolly West connection. Seems like a major revelation to me.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Bust Rodd posted:

We also chugged bawls at my local game store in Philly in 2006, it must have been a coastal tower Ivory elite sort of thing

They sold bawls at my small-town gas station in Nebraska.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Is Dasha Jane?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

TenementFunster posted:

dasha wasn’t alive at the time

Oh yeah, duh.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Bip Roberts posted:

Those speartip guys really wanted to push the not-a-swastika envelope with their logo

It’s just a Star of David in red white and blue.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1478909224973488128?s=21

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Excited to read the Fed’s dms to the subway shooter.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

lmao if Liz actually doesn’t think she has a vocal fry

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

dadjokes posted:

This cartel episode has big Joe Rogan just asking questions vibes.

What if drug cartels are fake, and I’m using the movie Traffic as all my reasons for why. Followed up by some hard hitting pushbacks like oh, interesting and right right.

I couldn’t finish the interview so maybe it gets better but he has like half an interesting point that he would contradict almost immediately.

But here I am mad posting about a show that is basically astrology for men so who am I to criticize.

I was supremely disappointed, but it doesn’t get better. The back half of the interview is a freshman level discussion on pop culture representations of Mexico/Mexicans.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

its funny to listen to a podcast that constantly talks about how mafias and other criminal organizations are extensions of the state, but then get upset when they start talking about this concept in brown countries

They spend maybe 30 seconds discussing how traffickers were somehow (informally or formally) connected with local police like forty years ago. And the big evidence that cartels are not as well organized as typically thought is a statement from an imprisoned boss that amounts to: “I am not the leader of a massive criminal organization.” Highly underwhelming. Maybe his book has some real content in it, but that interview was a snoozer.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

serve my sub-poena until it issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Dee-Dee-Dee DJ young chompsky