Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1698080093657030972

lmao brace on the ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

There are two strains of non-jewish Zionism. There is the evangelical version that everyone has heard of, where the Temple needs to be built then destroyed in order to usher in the eschaton. I'm not convinced that this strain is that relevant these days, they were more relevant in the Bush II era when evangelicals were in control, and they did get a big win with Trump moving the embassy to occupied Jerusalem.

Then there is the other, more common secular non-jewish strain of zionism that I find more deranged. It is for fat gen Xers who would never pass basic, but still desire the urges of being a settler. They missed out on being a yeoman farmer/settler, but they still desire to be strong and powerful and vital, carving terra nullius into civilization. Think Ben Shapiro's quote about arabs living in sewage while jews build. Never mind that Palestinians build and farm and trade like everyone else in the Levant. This group forms the real bedrock of zionism in America.

I made a post a few weeks ago in the I/P thread, and I like to imagine that I hit upon something with regards to secular jewish and non-jewish Zionists that really love the IDF. It truly is libidinal.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022

MassRafTer posted:

This headline in particular has me cracking up more than any angry Blue Wave emoji tweets.

https://twitter.com/WTRF7News/status/1742561528501461155

Lmao local news stations really have fired everyone and use AI to write everything.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
I mean it's one thing to light yourself on fire to protest a concrete issue like a genocide, but it's another to get so blackpilled by the interwoven scams that make up the post-GFC economy. Like the latter is so nebulous and difficult that I'm not sure any one act of violence or sacrifice can ever disentangle it from our collective unconsciousness.