Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

This thread is a good reminder that I promised to donate any Federal stimulus money I receive.

I'd like to pick up the tab for someone else to get a gang tag as well.

(Not a food bank, but the teens that use their shelters get fed too, so close enough)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah, they're awesome! They've been hit with a 1-2 punch of an increase in homelessness, and their Cafes, their main source of operating revenue, getting hit with Covid restrictions, thanks for donating!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

SeldomSeen posted:

There is a big red “Give Now” button on the front page ya goofus.

But if you can't find that click this helpful link!

Their coffee is amazing though, they're a legit awesome cafe, I grew up in Seattle and have had some drat fine coffee. Part of that might be that they pay their baristas a good living wage (all profits go to their charitable programs). AFAICT they basically made almost nothing via donations until COVID hit, my local shithead paper ran a story on them being close to having to shut down, when I read that article I gave them a big wad of money, and I was really surprised when they called me on my way to work, either way it seems that they garnered enough publicity and donations to run through the end of last year at that time (according to the nice lady that called to thank me and surprised the poo poo out of me on my way to work)

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Canada is close, the us territories will fall soon and next Australia, then the world. All balls will be tased with charity.

I tried donating in Guam, but the closest I could find it's a general donation to the Pacific Isles Salvation Army, someone else might have better luck than me of course.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

NVM, found one.

In honor of narrowly skating out of spending a month in quarantine on the island earlier this year.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

And the Marianas islands.

All the other US island territories I can't find anything that's not sketch as poo poo, if anyone knows of or can find a good food bank on any of them I'll donate.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

piratescurvy posted:

Hope I'm not too late to the party, just saw this. But if too late, whatevs, been working with hunger issues (helping others but also grew up a food stamp kid, when they were actually stamps) most of adult life. If you want to give me gang cred, that'd be neat but it's really not the point. My mom also lives on food charities now. Disabled and reliant on the State, which hates poors. She and my step-dad wait in insane lines for day old expired food. I send them what I can but it's never enough. They'd die without lifelines like what you all funded. Thanks, sincerely.

https://imgur.com/hePFoLn

Edit: Sorry, screwed up embedding the photo, but SA kept blocking that. I am dumb. Too dumb to figure it out tonight. It's late. I may not get gang tagged, but I appreciate all you guys have done with this thread. Good on you! This thread alone was worth the 10 bucks spent years ago. GBS is in a new golden era post flowtax.

You sound like a real solid dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Battle Pigeon posted:

I don’t know how cool it is to get a gang tag without giving (though if I did, could it be in addition to my current bird one, underneath it and the text please), but if anyone wants to donate:

https://exeter.foodbank.org.uk/give-help/donate-money/ closest to hometown I could find, don’t think anyone has picked them yet

https://zrzutka.pl/5n3dj7 Smile Warsaw, I’ve donated items to here before and they even came and picked them up, super nice people, and Poland hasn’t been filled in on the map yet

In honor of you and my ancestral homeland, 300 Zloty.