Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Please do a Patreon. I'd subscribe a small amount per month in a heatbeat, with or without perks.

This. Or getting bought by Yahoo.

Yahoo Something Awnful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

If you guys end creating a patreon account. Don't feel forced to have patreon only content. gently caress that poo poo.

SA content has been surpassed by the dumbness of reality.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

this site need to consider a login system where we put a chip on our rear end and we login just passing the phone trough our rear end crack

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Rooted Vegetable posted:

SA has a lot more potential than that for stupid stuff you can't get anywhere else.

* Force hats on others
* Mess with posts backgrounds (but don't fall into the forum cancer issue)
* Change (or add) an image to another posters "thank you for posting, we hope it didn't suck" page
* Temporarily replace one smiley with another in a thread.

Edit: pay to write probe reasons (cannot pay to probe, just change the reason - some exclusions where common sense says so)

Something I have seen in other forums in 2001 is automatically replacing some words for other word in html. Like the forum could replace every instance of rear end for butt in bold with pink letters.

This way SA can be a proper christian forum.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Palpek posted:

Oh wow, there's a second angle

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

BubbaGrace posted:

I will suck genitals for dark mode.

if this is not feasible, a option to add our own CSS so we can do this ourselves

I would probably make the "User control panel" link bigger when I am browsing the site on my iphone, and maybe the "last page" link

Tei fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 29, 2021

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

you can't usually install extension on phone browsers

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Klyith posted:

but you can install phone apps, which are better ways to read the forums on a phone than using a browser to look at 21 year old forum with no mobile theme
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571717
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837546

(and both of which have dark modes)

Grrrrrrr.... I guess this will be the thing that will force me to install an app for SA.

I have a icon for SA in the iPhone desktop, by installing it has a "PWA" application, but a proper app would be better, I guess.

May uninstall if everything UI is giganteous and I only a few lines of text fit on the screen. Old people like me are weird.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

AHH F/UGH posted:

The forums seriously has needed a little icon that pops up in the corner whenever you’re quoted that will bring you to the quoted post. That will spur a lot of engagement, which means more active and retained users, which means traffic, which means more revenue for the servers and stuff. Why not done???

Wont this create some sort of internet addiction? where people post just for the vanity to see getting a lot of replies.

There are out there more important things than posting in a forum. We don't want people to be here all day instead of building a house with logs, fathering a children or running in a bike downhill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have read a lot of terrible propositions and I want to contribute with even worse ideas.

Optional "More ads" option in the panel, that adds a lot of adds everywhere.

Optional "Bitcoin miner" option in the panel, that adds a bitcoin miner that is mining bitcoin while reading this hilarious forum. More useful in the winter.

"Make Joeffry your Padrino" form, where you can make Joeffy the legal Padrino of your childrens, so if you die, Joeffy become their dad.