Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
If you want ‘forum goer market share’ you’ll need to figure out how to position SA as the anti-Reddit that is also worth spending $10 on. The $10 should be understood to gate the community off from the worst kind of internet posters. You should purge your mod teams of the shittier ones, ban them from posting, and do away with the probation entirely. Sometimes mods act like salty cliquey dorks and aren’t really quality posters.

If someone posts something bannable then ban them. Quit probating people it’s weak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Knormal posted:

Nah, the $10 entry fee would just mean rich lovely posters can keep coming back again and again (Seraph84), while poor posters would get kicked out after a single infraction. Probing is a good middleground.

Oh I’m phone posting so I missed some thoughts, but I’m not saying bans in place of probations. I think they’re used for petty bullshit in a lot of cases and they aren’t all that effective in changing behavior. Community shaming and bans are enough imo

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

I would also like to pay to change my reg date, as to change the math on my posts per day and, thus, look less pathetic.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

BigBadSteve posted:

Nick/post combo.

:mad: