Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
Just wanted to say thanks for all you're doing. Been here 16 years almost and this is the best, likely only, place that replicates the cozy neighborhood feel of an old single line BBS run out of someone's bedroom.

Thanks for what you and the team do and I'll be happy to throw a few bucks, especially if there's a monthly option or patreon (no tier rewards please :) )

$10 a month or whatever is the least I can do...

Thanks and here's to the next 20+!

Slippery fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Bilirubin posted:

oh yeah, seeing all these fine posters reminds me that making it possible to buy a custom plat icon would be a splendid feature and means for raising more funds.

But what I would pay REAL dollars for is a 4-20-69 reg date. I had asked an admin about it at some point and was told it was impossible due to some database-related witchcraft regarding where dates start counting up from. Seemed pretty suspicious but I'm no witch what do I know

e. also agree with making the tshirt guy the paywall image

Someone, EPG maybe? absolutely had a 1969 regdate once upon a time.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

gently caress SNEEP posted:

since the reg date is from a unix time timestamp, i think he set his to 0 which corresponds to 12:00:00 Jan 1st 1970 GMT. since that timestamp is parsed locally on your machine when you load a page on something awful it uses your timezone, which would put it in dec 31st 1969.

Huh, I didn't realize that, that's really neat!

But wouldn't that mean anyone could do the same and basically pick whatever regdate?

I'd want to have a regdate like a couple years into the future, see if anyone noticed lol

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
Well Ive learned something from the several posts above me, so thank you!

And yeah I'm holding out for Titanium or whatever that custom software radium was making so we can get 64 bit regdates!!

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

shadow puppet of a posted:

Jeff please install a copy of TradeWars on the somethingawful server and link to it from the main navigation header without fanfare or comment and it will fast grow in legend as the most infamous TW instance ever and draw in a host of envious 40-50 year old huge nerd.

Hell yes. In fact we need door games

TW2002
LORD
SRE

all that poo poo it was so fun

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Gynovore posted:

Oh god Trade Wars. The memories that brings back.

Seriously. When I found the stardock? I felt like a loving king I tell you

Wait oh my god there's graffiti in the shitter?? Oh wow

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

I hear Lowtax's asking price dropped 10% when he figured out it included yoare poasts

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Mordiceius posted:

ngl, I'd not be able to resist dropping money on an @somethingawful.com email address.

I don't care if this marks me forever as a loser I'll do it in a heartbeat

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

alnilam posted:

I would certainly love to see better image hosting than imgur. We always joke about what classic threads would look like if imgur went under but it truly would be a tragedy. If we do end up with our own image hosting, might also be good to use a script to automatically transfer imgur files over and update the links.

Image hosting might be a tall order though, it's a lot of files especially with the kids these days and their 15 megapixel cameras and their 3 minute gifs

I do think SA needs its own independent image hosting ability. In house ability to control ones own destiny (not to mention preserving the images) is key to survival.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
For those posting via awful.app the theme can be set to YOSPOS which a) owns and 2) is green on black in the manner of an 80s 40 column crt

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

gently caress SNEEP posted:

that sucks, is there anyway to get it to use the correct amber color?

Oh, absolutely! First, take a standardized IQ test and score at least 2 standard deviations below the median. Then,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
I just wanted to say this person's permaban reason made me laugh

Hi LWB posted:

A mumble rap-hero game

some real criminal mastermind action there lol