Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
The rightwing is backed by a small set of ultra-wealthy ghouls. One thing I've known since the Romney campaign is that, more than anything, I'd like to play poker with these people. They make a lot of really terrible bets. They can afford to so when a longshot bet pays out it pays out well. When it doesn't well, they can pump more money into the ecosystem to keep is moving.

So, how does one contact these people and get some of that sweet cash? Like, if I wanted to set up a CA prop that denies the Coronavirus and demands the state can't close again to get those Mercer bucks, how would I do outreach? I want to take their money and give them failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
step 1) set up some type of organization which can raise money for political purposes (or sometimes the org is set up as a non-profit that doesn't technically lobby). set up the org to be, ostensibly, about a cause or issue which is compatible with capital accumulation. iif that cause or issue directly supports corporate interests, that's even better
step 2) once you have the organization established, raise money through the legally specified channels (this will vary depending on what you've set up). i'm not a lawyer, but if you want to collect and spend money in politics, i'd be careful not to do anything illegal, especially since so much is legal, if structured properly. how do you raise the money? idk good luck
step 3) spend the money on advocating for the cause or issue, which includes market rate remuneration for the ofganization's employees (you)

types of advocacy organizations:
https://www.opensecrets.org/527s/types.php

i don't think anything like this can work jnless you already have connections to the ultra-wealthy or people that can put you in touch with the ultra-wealthy. just my 2 cents. good luck anyway, op

Finicums Wake has issued a correction as of 19:35 on Jan 28, 2021

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
The first steps to successfully committing fraud are to announce your intent to commit fraud and then seek advice about how to do it from strangers on the internet

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
You have to sell some dick or brain pills or pills that make your dick have its own brain

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

first you'll have to learn some new vocabulary

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Just mass produce literally any household item in army green and call it "Tactical [thing]" and upsell it at 3-400%. Buy some cheap ad reads.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
I always see people opine how easy it would be to get on the rightwing grift train but they are too moral. I'm not above it, let's go for it.

I agree with the poster that said I'd need existing connections. That's why I haven't done it. But if goons have an in or think they have a method, I'm all for it.

The tacticool approach is more labor intensive. But I might try some dropshipping+ads scams. Not clothes, since the asian sizing would make it challenging for my target demo.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

There a lot of failed grifters who get zero traction. What's to make you stand out from the kaitland bennets of the world op?

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
It helps if you can get a woman or a non-white person as a front. Appearing to turn the Liberals own DIVERSITY message against them makes it feel like a psy-op, and griftees LOVE feeling like they're part of Something. Just make sure your white maleness is around to reassure any victims that everything is properly run.

Get yourself connected to a church. It's not gullibility, it's faith! Just don't get too close, or the inevitable scandal when the Man of God is caught with his pants figuratively or literally down will rub off on you. Don't actually espouse any doctrines; you're purely non-denominational. The only thing that matters in White American Christianity is that you follow Jesus are white.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

most of this forum is threads about this topic op

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Declare yourself a liberal. Or a formal liberal. Identifying as conservative doesn't sell well outside of the boomer demograph. Have a liberal opinion to counter any criticism. Like better immigration procedures, freedom of press or hating billionaires. You can get away with anything.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

When I saw antifa invade the capital, I decided to leave the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Steven crowders such a Griftish Ghoul : /