Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
The first episode of the Dogs side story is up on Patreon and is good fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

eke out posted:

lmao anthony immediately yelling at beth about character choices to be Agent Cody Banks' spy dog

The dreadful accent cracked me up.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

I like Borderlands 2 and I think Anthony is hilarious on the podcast, but his Twitter is dire. It feels like a time capsule of the worst kind of 2014 Twitter posting style.

I only recently added him and had the exact same feeling. Like a shitposting time capsule.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I saw about 20 minutes of the pilot decades ago. They nailed it.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Pyroi posted:

loving elevators, man.

Bouncy closets

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Freddie and Anthonys dynamic absolute killed in this episode. How I wish this was a weekly podcast.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

I can't stop laughing at how much the Wii U gets mentioned in the chaos of that article.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Pepperoni Tony is my current favourite character. How I wish this show could be weekly.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Jeremor posted:

I've felt this way for a while actually. The episodes feel so short and yet moving so fast. I relistened to season 1 and the best parts are when the dads are just going "where the gently caress are we and what is even happening, let's have a dad huddle and hash this out"

This season has some funny stuff but it feels in a hurry.

I have felt that way about every episode in season 2. Maybe they just aren't comfortable with the new characters yet.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
The characters introductions to the queen had me rolling.

They need to incorporate more guest stars. It brings the best out of them.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Froghammer posted:

MATT ARNOLD WITH THE SWERVE

What an episode. The surprise characters theme music was awesome.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

New Sonsability episode is out and I think this is the wildest episode they've made of anything in the three+ years this podcast has been going.

100 percent agree. Absolute insanity

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

And he really shined in this episode.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Matt seems like a nightmare to play a game with

Not if you enjoy chaos

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I want code purple to end. Its been a phrase and four exposition monologues that has slowed the narrative down to a crawl.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
One of the best episodes of the season. They have found their rhythm.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I never would have predicted how this episode would end up.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

Best episode I've heard in a while. They do need to stop trying to "craft a narrative" and just bounce off one another.

I feel the same way. They keep deciding on an Arc and focusing on it when all their best stuff comes from chaotically trying to impede each other.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

geri_khan posted:

Listened to ep30 uncut today, and there's a lot of them discussing "boy this Scary arc is the same thing over and over how do we pull out?" They're certainly aware it's been an issue.

So while they seem to have taken their time with it a little, hopefully it's going to be dialled back after ep31 ended like it did, at least for a good while.

That's good to hear. It has never really landed with me.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

goblin week posted:

Eevryone is better than having to run D&D because it sucks rear end but they made a loving podcast name choice

Proper D&D combat is a joyless slog to listen to. I listen to another actual play podcast and one combat encounter can take a whole episode.

My personal taste of course

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
That poor woman having to parse so many in-jokes.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Swan Lake Algae Problem posted:

I’ve found this season really strange, it’s been really funny and weird, in the way that I thought made the first campaign so fun, things like the black parade reveal have been great.

But it’s also full of their worst writer impulses, where they want to tell a poignant story about trauma and growth, and an improvised podcast seems like the worst possible venue for that story.

The main thing is that I just really need to stop listening to Teen Talk, because it feels like every episode of that show is about how ‘this episode was bad and we dropped the ball on this Emotional Beat’ and it’s a weird energy.

Strong agree on these points. They bascally have to bench Beth's comedy for most of the sesson to try and tell story's that don't really suit the cast or the podcast in general.

I would mind season 3 being a brand new universe as I feel season is kind of been weighed down by season one elements.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I thought Freddy was a great editior but immediately I've no idea how the sausage is made.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
He manages to find the absolute funniest way to be contrary in every single interaction.

Seconding more side campaigns that let's the crew go full unhinged.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Yea, they are allover the map. This hilarious to listen to but I'd say they will be glad to wrap up season 2

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Friend posted:

I'm still puzzled about when normal actually started to like hermie. For the longest time I thought he was just pretending to like him in order to get him to go along with their plan or something? I'm just glad he's dead.

Love the Shade Witch though.

Yea I think hermie's original nice guy role was comedy gold but I am glad he is gone. Although in the Daddie universe people do not stay dead.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I think it was the right call just to get it over with. I liked season 2 but I felt that it was spinning its wheels before they even got to heaven.

In my own opinion they tried to front load the arcs they wanted to cover rather than letting some things come up naturally when playing the game.

The main example for me was Scary's arc with Willy.

Small gripe aside I would listen to these goofballs read product ingredients each week.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
First episode of season 3 Dropped and is a strong start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Freddie continues to be my favourite player. Always escalating scenarios to the maximum a GM will allow.