Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

im unspoiled and this is pure theory, but it seems like kumoko is either strong enough to have caught some bad attention that otherwise didn't care, or she was already being monitored by someone. it's probably got something to do with that weird skill, they showed stinky prince guy not only had it before but also that it specifically could not be erased by the teacher. so the fact that someone accessing the system directly like that couldn't erase it means it has to have an even higher clearance than that, which seems purely in the realm of an administrator like D

ninja edit: i say all this but dont know or have any theories as to why they would be monitored or anything, other than just the obvious "well they isekai'd, duh"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

my read is less nebulous than yours and more of a literal "dont level up and stay weak or else the admins will notice you" kind of thing. the average dipshit in this world seemed pretty impressed with our human characters despite most of them taking okas advice and not levelling up, so theyre probably pretty weak. if someone starts stacking tons and tons of skills, then eventually someone will see them. kumoko started out as the most insignificant creature we've seen so far, spawning as one of thousands in a brood, and managed to get enough power to attract attention, it would probably be even easier for a human to stick out.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

copy posted:

Another interpretation of this (if we believe the teacher)) is that Wakaba is dead. I don't remember Kumoko ever positively id'ing herself as Wakaba. She could be another girl in class - like this Spooky person who was just introduced.

Also I still get really bad vibes from this teacher. I sincerely doubt that a lot of what she is doing is for her students' own good. Considering that mentally they'd all be in their late 20s/early 30s by now. her being so cagey about naming names for so long is hugely suspicious to me. So I really take what she says with a grain of salt.

someone posted an unmarked spoiler on the bottom of the last page that has me thinking spooky is sophia

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

Maybe there was a spider in her hair, and when they all got blown up the souls got fused, and thus reincarnating as a spider because half her soul is a spider.

i dont know why why you tagged this as a spoiler but im glad i accidentally hovered it because it gave me a brain blast, thanks to the scene from this week showing them all in the real world. they were teasing the one friend about being gay, and now hes the childhood friend girl of our kind gentle isekai human protagonist? the bully was a firebreathing jerkass so she became a dragon? the rear end in a top hat entitled jock guy that comes back as an rear end in a top hat entitled prince? the meek girl that just wants to be left alone and be treated as insignificant comes back as a spider? this wasn't random, someone has clearly analyzed and sorted them into their current situations. maybe thats what the weird skill is about from last week?

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

now that ive seen the lyrics to the ED, it would be very funny if all this demon army nonsense had nothing to do with humanity and was just kumoko on a quest trying to kill D out of petty spite for giving her the worst start imaginable and not making her a pretty magical girl, like she says in the lyrics.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

The anime has been pretty blunt about drawing direct parallels between past kumoko in the caves and present kumoko activities, to the point that tank guy belabouring the point that everyone died to a rot attack and then kumoko saying "cool rot attack! too bad im not good at it yet" is almost preposterously on the nose. but, it hasnt really thrown any red herrings at us yet so i have to assume white lady is future kumoko.

EDIT: judging by what she said about taboo and her sudden resolve to save the world, has me thinking my previous prediction about her going on a crusade against D. that's probably a lot more likely if there's anything about D in the taboo stuff, and it would explain white lady/probably kumoko being active against humans if they were like, in the way or protecting something they shouldnt because theyre ignorant to the taboo stuff. the church tries very hard to keep it all under wraps, after all!

Paper Lion fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 19, 2021

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

its an isekai, she probably turns into a hot girl lmao

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Paper Lion posted:

i dont know why why you tagged this as a spoiler but im glad i accidentally hovered it because it gave me a brain blast, thanks to the scene from this week showing them all in the real world. they were teasing the one friend about being gay, and now hes the childhood friend girl of our kind gentle isekai human protagonist? the bully was a firebreathing jerkass so she became a dragon? the rear end in a top hat entitled jock guy that comes back as an rear end in a top hat entitled prince? the meek girl that just wants to be left alone and be treated as insignificant comes back as a spider? this wasn't random, someone has clearly analyzed and sorted them into their current situations. maybe thats what the weird skill is about from last week?

Paper Lion posted:

its an isekai, she probably turns into a hot girl lmao

well, this crap got confirmed, now to see if my other big theory about the demon army rising up against D/the administrators/the system comes true too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

the non-ambulatory baby is faster than the teenage boy