Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Aoi Yuuki is so good at her craft that, while she has a fairly recognizable voice, she has enough range to pull an insane amount of types of characters with incredible ease that, much like someone such as Sugita, Sawashiro, or Koyasu, if you're not familiar with whatever source material is getting adapted, you'd be hard pressed to tell what type of character you're gonna get.

I remember being pretty impressed with her in the Kino's Journey remake, where she played the lead role as a young adult and as a child, with both voices being distinct enough to tell them apart while clearly being the same person.

Also, she was amazing at the Nier Automata dinner show, because she really got big into Nier. It was adorable. (It also seemed to creep Yui Ishikawa out a bit.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Maxwell Adams posted:

I just realized that Kumoko, voiced by Aoi Yuki, will be a character in Isekai Quartet. This is a Kodakawa property, so it's definitely going to happen.

No idea how it will actually work, though, seeing as how she cannot speak. I guess they'll figure something out.

Aqua probably speaks fluent spider, if only because only being able to speak to Aqua is arguably worse than not being able to speak to anyone.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

As I said before, her appearance at the Nier Automata dinner show was a delight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8jBVru6z4Q.

I can't find the full version, but she had the most obsessive fan questions and everything.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Hahaha she's Madoka too right?

And Tanya the Evil. And Lysithea from Fire Emblem Three Houses.

(And Pascal from Nier, but that's less relevant.)

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I don't know anything about Fire Emblem, but I don't think either Tanya or Pascal were magical girls... I think the point as to what makes that scene funny is because of the actor allusion to her other notable magical girl roles.

Tanya's a magical girl. Just an... unconventional one. And Lysithea's known for having the best magic stats in the game.

Madoka's the biggest allusion, but someone as prolific as Aoi Yuuki has more than one magical girl role in her CV.

(Including Madoka parodies, naturally.)

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

And Kumoko is best girl. Seriously has there ever been such a positive, upbeat, and go with the flow waifu? I can’t think of any!

I'm not sure if "waifu" is appropriate here, since she's the player character's daughter, but Morgan in Fire Emblem Awakening is similarly positive and upbeat, despite being an amnesiac sent decades into the past where she's immediately being hunted by zombies.

It contrasts with the player character's amnesia being a major emotional issue.

Morgan also chases down a priest to force feed him viper blood and bear gizzards at one point, so Kumoko's usual strategies are right up her alley.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

At the rate we're going, we'll catch up to the English translations of the light novels in Season 2 or 3. So maybe a couple of years if this is popular enough.

I'm pretty sure that's a One Piece joke.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gyges posted:

Maybe she gets double reincarnated, only this time she's a spider monkey.

Like Stan in the Flying Deuces, or Satou Kazuma in Konosuba she's cunningly chosen to be reincarnated as herself this time, minimizing all the fuss going forward.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

haha, holy poo poo, they got the same studio who did berserk 2016 for this series? i guess this is actually an improvement in quality for them

Yeah, they've got a pretty bad track record looking at the list.

This is, comparatively speaking, probably the best they've done.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

There's bound to be a 3D movie with a 2D flavored style that looks as good as an ASW game some day... right?

I mean there has to be, right? They make Guilty Gear, not Mario, or Pokemon or Call of Duty, it's not like they're oozing money out of their ears!

Spiderverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

Correct, it is the last episode next week.

But then again, Kumoko loving DIED in her last fight with Ariel, so what else could they show?

Her spooky ghost?

(You know Kumoko would wear a sheet as a ghost, complete with a bunch of eyeholes.)