Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5M-sPzd8Fo
  • Roman Reigns talks to Kevin Owens
  • Bianca Belair might do something to Bayley

That's it. ZERO advertised matches for a 2 hour go-home show for the Royal Rumble.

There's also a 24 hour telethon starting at 8pm for Independent Wrestlers if you'd rather watch that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Daniel Bryan is still really good

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Do people who ever cut promos about winning the rumble ever actually win?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Daniel Bryan is still really good

:toxx: If he doesn't win the Royal Rumble I'm not watching any WWE until the next Royal Rumble :toxx:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
"The MAIN EVENT of wrestlemania"

eeeeehhh sometimes but usually no

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

:toxx: If he doesn't win the Royal Rumble I'm not watching any WWE until the next Royal Rumble :toxx:

see you in a year, j-ru. he's not winning

I mean, unless something is re-written backstage.

personally, I assume this is your way to get the hell away from this terrible poo poo without being like "hey gently caress the wwe" which is a wonderful way to do things. good job.

smackdown is already not great

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is a great promo really building up the Rumble and it's happening on the loving go-home show.

Edit: Bryan mentioned that AJ is a Raw guy, I legit completely forgot/didn't notice he was on the "wrong" brand :laugh:

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

lol the quarter invitational rules being explained by AJ "Those are the rules, thats how they work!" without explaining anything

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I missed it, did AJ just casually mention the brand split is dead and people can just go to whatever brand they like whenever they like?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerusalem posted:

I missed it, did AJ just casually mention the brand split is dead and people can just go to whatever brand they like whenever they like?

There's some invitational they havent brought up in a few months that he's using up tonight

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Well, this should be good.

I’m going to try and be positive tonight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This match SHOULD be for the rights to enter the Rumble and AJ should lose, thus paying off the last 3 weeks of AJ ruining the dreams of jobbers. But it's not gonna be, right? :sigh:

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

The Stroker Ace posted:

Well, this should be good.

Im going to try and be positive tonight.

it will only be good if it ends up with a gently caress finish due to multiple nut shots

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

There's some invitational they havent brought up in a few months that he's using up tonight

Wait the BRAND TO BRAND INVITATIONAL THAT LETS WRESTLERS COME TO A DIFFERENT BRAND ONCE A QUARTER BUT SOMETIMES ALSO TWICE A WEEK!?!

Edit: Oh my loving God it is :lol:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
When they do these slow low angle Omos shots I wonder if its like a fetish thing.

Actually since half the Alexa stuff the past few years and the Roman dogfood humiliation thing I question every other thing they do is fetish reasons.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
looks like omos gashed his forehead pretty good

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Blaise330 posted:

When they do these slow low angle Omos shots I wonder if its like a fetish thing.

Actually since half the Alexa stuff the past few years and the Roman dogfood humiliation thing I question every other thing they do is fetish reasons.

there's a lot of hosed up sex poo poo in any backstage performance area, I don't care if it's wwe or not.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

The Pact is Sealed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

graph posted:

looks like omos gashed his forehead pretty good

Omos: I got up too high and smashed my head against the ceiling.
Rhea Ripley: Oh you too? :sigh:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerusalem posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ; ;

Who's gonna watch it for me when I don't watch?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

gently caress finish inc

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Blaise330 posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ; ;

Who's gonna watch it for me when I don't watch?

J-ru will need to still make recaps using the 20-40 posts in the GDT threads; guessing what each one is about

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bayley screeching,"DING DONG! DING DONG!" while flailing about like a furious toddler is great.

Hirez posted:

guessing what each one is about

Raw Results 3/27:
  • Apparently the wrestlers mostly just sat in the ring and talked poo poo about their favorite movies and books?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"I'M NOT JEALOUS, MICHAEL!" - one fun part of the no-crowd era is people like Bayley hearing Michael Cole on commentary and talking poo poo to him in the middle of a match.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Bianca is so good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

xbilkis posted:

Bianca is so good

She is absolutely somebody who should be getting pushed right to the top.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

But seriously, the easy and obvious story here is that AJ and Bryan's rumble spot should be on the line in this match. It would pay off several weeks of storylines!

Edit: Heroic babyface jumping Baron Corbin from behind to teach the dastardly heel a lesson for beating him clean as a sheet in the middle of the ring.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I remember she got an initial big push, then managed/hung around with the street profits for like 2 weeks, then just disapeared for like 6months and ever since coming back has been kicking rear end.

She does rule though.

e: ugh Corbin vs the Mysterio's and Guerrero's fued is going to last for loving ever like anything Baron Corbin related

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

But seriously, the easy and obvious story here is that AJ and Bryan's rumble spot should be on the line in this match. It would pay off several weeks of storylines!

Edit: Heroic babyface jumping Baron Corbin from behind to teach the dastardly heel a lesson for beating him clean as a sheet in the middle of the ring.

They don't remember who's what

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That piece of poo poo monster Corbin just unconscionably beat clean a guy who bravely jumped him from behind.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Topical

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Of course Vince McMahon thinks people screwing over billionaires are heels.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I liked Big E easily kicking their asses

I also wish I looked half as good in a suit as Sonya does

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

loving :lol: the #30 will be either Nattie or Tamina!?! :laffo:

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

lol the winner of Tamina vs Nattie on backstage gets the #30 spot? lollllllll

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
wow. That's going to be a must watch match!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"Ok, we've heard your feedback, and we realize you want matches with stakes building to the Royal Rumble. We've listened: Enjoy Tamina vs. Natalya for #30 as a WWE Backstage exclusive"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

xbilkis posted:

"Ok, we've heard your feedback, and we realize you want matches with stakes building to the Royal Rumble. We've listened: Enjoy Tamina vs. Natalya for #30 as a WWE Backstage exclusive"

NBC: Well gently caress, time to sell all our Gamestop stock and give the 2 billion dollar profit to WWE.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think Sami Zayne is starting to suspect that wrestling is fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol the EverRise Rules shirt