Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
haha :yikes:

my opinion of the Maroon 5 guys upon hearing that story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxGgnI6kCrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

Say what you will about Maroon 5, but he was in a Proactiv commercial riding a Harley, and you can't take that away from him.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Say what you will about Maroon 5, but he was in a Proactiv commercial riding a Harley, and you can't take that away from him.

my opinion has changed

:hai:

cruft

cruft posted:

Kara's Flowers put out an album in 1997 and I liked it a lot.

I don't know if that counts as saying something good about Maroon 5 but it's the best I can to do provide a counterpoint.

Listened to this again this morning, it's still good. They had all just graduated high school and became big stars right away.

Anyway it's a solid album IMHO.

I also feel bad for Kara tho. In their defense, I did this same sort of "group crush" once too. But it was 4th grade.

cruft fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 31, 2021

Prof. Crocodile

I love maroon 5

e: no wait I love burgundy 5. I always get them confused.

biosterous

one time in my teens i was present at a maroon 5 concert. i worked at a stadium and i was one of the guys running up and down the stairs with the big tray of bags of popcorn

although actually it might have been matchbox 20? i don't remember anything other than "band, M, number, i was there that day and probably sold a bunch of bottled water"

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
i actually kinda like matchbox 20. total guilty 90s pleasure.

that one album with the sad glasses dude standing in the rain had some bangers on it

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i love maroon 5's cover of "free baby shoes, never worn" off their album "the friendship square".

Heather Papps

hello friend

i tried to watch the next music video on the list but when maroon five started to sing it caused a visceral reaction of fear and disgust. i need another day at least.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FlQSQuv_mg
it's a MANGA, MOM, NOT A COMIC BOOK

maroon five goes super sayin, obsesses over a woman in a picture, defends her from zombies and villains while she fails to notice. it repeats like 3 times and then rap happens i hate it, everything about it.

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 4, 2021

Heather Papps

hello friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g6g2mvItp4
maroon five falls from the sky, is licked by a random woman.

it's run lola run with him getting kissed and killed by a lady. i hate this, but also, i get to see maroon five get murdered a bunch so i'm actually pretty happy!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
It's music for the ladies op. Like Bush but hella shittier :shrug:

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
music for the ladies can be good. it doesnt need to be... this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao

And so, near the beginning of the 21st century. After studying decades of the first project -- the Maroon 5 videos -- it was decided that a new psychological weapon of war be established. No longer satisfied with the mere violence of the original project, they sought further psychological weapons. Advancing step by step towards the nuclear equivalent. No longer was it a mere response to the Russian Red Army Opera psychological warfare product, but it was intended to be a deterrent against all further projects created by enemy nations. A video group for use converting the enemy, but one that could also be used for torture and violence, was deemed necessary by the highly secret War Council. A shadowy network of top millitary executives, key military executives, and top key military executives. A meeting took place, standards were set, and the new weapon began to take shape.

Many of those in the military-industrial complex felt that such a group already existed, they took reference to the use of Barney and The Spice Girls within Guantanamo Bay and decided to re-use military plant Simon Fuller to form such a new group, from the available resources of the Five Eyes alliance.

The name? S Club Seven

Each member was hand-picked for the perfect tones, the perfect look, resonance, and energy. Each property being the equivalent of tiny cuts -- knives, if you will -- to specific centers of the brain. In 1997 the project began in earnest, hitting the ground running to try and hit the y2k deadline, as it was assumed any enemy nation deploying an attack would place it around that time to maximally distupt global infrastructure. The group was trained in the early aspects of such warfare under the codename MIAMI7, which was operated and run in collaboration with GCHQ and The Shadow Cabinet. The cabal sharing deep ties with the War Council.