Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

um excuse me posted:

It was my interpretation that his boss and this thread seem to agree on a lot.

Certainly not the financial advice.

And now we know in addition to the boss having more money than him.......he can continue to make poo poo decisions and be just fine even if he loses his job. BECAUSE HE'S GOT A POLICE PENSION. So of course he can treat his 401(k) like a money vending machine.

Absolutely nothing this guy does, says, or can get away with money-wise is the slightest bit applicable to our "very good financial condition 30-70k a year" OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

um excuse me posted:

I've gotten the impression that Ry's boss is going out of his way to keep an eye on him and make sure he isn't left to fend for himself. I'm not sure how much of his advice is direct advice or just stuff Ry has absorbed by hanging around.

I guess we'll figure more out in the future.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

builds character posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress, I'm so sorry.

I just found it.

Are you ready?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/458384745406369/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search

I’m catching up on the thread and I have to quote this as I go by. It’s absolutely perfect to convert into a spaceship looking death house.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (damn right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.

Motronic posted:

Certainly not the financial advice.

And now we know in addition to the boss having more money than him.......he can continue to make poo poo decisions and be just fine even if he loses his job. BECAUSE HE'S GOT A POLICE PENSION. So of course he can treat his 401(k) like a money vending machine.

Absolutely nothing this guy does, says, or can get away with money-wise is the slightest bit applicable to our "very good financial condition 30-70k a year" OP.

That is a very good point. That I didn't consider. Both my grandparents had pensions and such as well. That's not typically afforded to people as much anymore.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Rytheric posted:

I've only lived in this town for 2-3 years. I'm not relying on my boss for protections. I've had good experience with the pope everywhere I go. Yes, I'm privileged in a sense. Typically I don't do anything suspicious and if I stand out and get questioned i explain myself and have conversations with them even when I was living out of a firebird. I realize not everyone has the opportunity to explain themselves. And north carolina has a light Marijuana decriminalization due to the uptick in hemp production so people aren't getting randomly pulled over for it as much here anymore under that excuse.

Sleeping in an open-air commercial vehicle is suspicious. You are going to come up against some hard consequences when you are sleeping in it in some suburban neighborhood instead of the driveway of a retired police officer

You’re an interesting goofball to a cop until some landed white person decides you’re scary

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

um excuse me posted:

Is that based on something or do you interpret ACAB literally? It seems like you're bringing some baggage into your posting that doesn't really add anything useful.

if you don't interpret :acab: literally you're an idiot, hth

Rytheric posted:

My boss is a 20 year retired patrolman, and my other room mate was a sheiffs deputy for several years. I've gone to dinner with several of the officers in the area as a result. Plus I am generally a known quantity everywhere I go for various reasons. I typically establish good relations with the popo and local government. I'm not a bootlicker by any stretch of the means but I am rather personable in real life and the games I play.

what do you think "good relations" with cops is going to get you? cause they're not your friends, and they're going to gently caress your life so hard when you stop living under your idiot boss's protection

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (damn right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.

inkmoth posted:

I’m catching up on the thread and I have to quote this as I go by. It’s absolutely perfect to convert into a spaceship looking death house.

It is perfect in almost every way lol.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
If you're not nice to the cops who will show up hours after you were robbed or your neighbor was shot and shrug their shoulders?

Cops have only helped middle class white people feel safe, by design.

gently caress cops and treat them mentally like a rabid animal.

Sorry you were raised by rabid animals who thought your association to them would help you.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rytheric posted:

I'm not relying on my boss for protections.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Wasabi the J posted:

If you're not nice to the cops who will show up hours after you were robbed or your neighbor was shot and shrug their shoulders?

Cops have only helped middle class white people feel safe, by design.

gently caress cops and treat them mentally like a rabid animal.

Sorry you were raised by rabid animals who thought your association to them would help you.

I get that. One time someone robbed a money order for rent out of my mail box and tried to extort me. I told the guy I didn't see why I should pay to get my money order back. So I reported it to the police, and the police were like heck yes we have something to use against the drug dealers in the complex. Well the drug lord living above me (this was when I lived in the drug den I moved into so my lady friend at the time could be closer to her drugs) rang up my workplace every 30 seconds until I could answer the phone to tell me who it was and who it wasn't because he was awaiting trial and didn't need the heat (he overheard the report on the police scanner). He commanded his lackey to give it back to me, but we never crossed paths. However when I got home I put cameras on my car because I expected retaliation. While I was testing the recording on of the higher ups in the organization came out and was like did my boy give you your money order back, and I was like you mean you boy xxx. And he was like yeah my boy xx who took your money order he is suppose to give it back.

Anyway I took that recording and other evidence I collected to the police station who called out the investigator. The investigator drove up to the station, didn't even get out of his car, and just yelled at me for interfering with their investigation without taking anything I collected.

As soon as I got home. The drug lord started pounding on my car window and stuffed my money order through the crack in my door shouting here's your money order we want no trouble here.

Later when the pizza joint I worked out burnt down I repaid him in kind with like 20 2L of soda and other things we recovered from the store.

Still it was annoying that the cop chose to yell at me and no take my evidence when he was excited before. Turned out he was a crooked cop down the road and was selling stuff in another town.

Rytheric fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 3, 2021

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

um excuse me posted:

his boss is the one who advised him to treat his 401k like a piggy bank

The_Muncher
Mar 2, 2021

Rytheric posted:

I've only lived in this town for 2-3 years. I'm not relying on my boss for protections. I've had good experience with the pope everywhere I go. Yes, I'm privileged in a sense. Typically I don't do anything suspicious and if I stand out and get questioned i explain myself and have conversations with them even when I was living out of a firebird. I realize not everyone has the opportunity to explain themselves. And north carolina has a light Marijuana decriminalization due to the uptick in hemp production so people aren't getting randomly pulled over for it as much here anymore under that excuse.

Excuse me?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Motronic posted:

- When driving, a huge negative pressure area is created behind the box. This will:
a. Drag exhaust gases back into the box, which has a pass-through to the cabin of the van if I recall. (this is regardless of the exhaust routing, which only helps when stationary/low speed)
b. Drag dirt and water in. It's gonna be FILTHY after driving in the rain. Surely we've all see how dirty the backs of vehicles get when it's raining. It's much worse than the sides/front.
c. Likely create enough buffeting to destroy any screening/screen door/etc back there.

ry, in case you were wondering, this is the kind of air pattern you can expect behind a vehicle. All the swirly parts are going to be going in the box

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Drug lord huh

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

taqueso posted:

ry, in case you were wondering, this is the kind of air pattern you can expect behind a vehicle. All the swirly parts are going to be going in the box

AKA why the poo poo in the bed of a pickup ends up in the cab if your rear window opens.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

That was what the people in town called him. He ran most the prescription drugs throughout the town. Things like meth were handled by another person. My apartment complex was burnt down during a dispute between the two as the "drug lord" tried to take over the meth trade as well.

Rytheric fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 3, 2021

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Rytheric posted:

I get that. One time someone robbed a money order for rent out of my mail box and tried to extort me. I told the guy I didn't see why I should pay to get my money order back. So I reported it to the police, and the police were like heck yes we have something to use against the drug dealers in the complex. Well the drug lord living above me (this was when I lived in the drug den I moved into so my lady friend at the time could be closer to my drugs) rang up my workplace every 30 seconds until I could answer the phone to tell me who it was and who it wasn't because he was awaiting trial and didn't need the heat (he overheard the report on the police scanner). He commanded his lackey to give it back to me, but we never crossed paths. However when I got home I put cameras on my car because I expected retaliation. While I was testing the recording on of the higher ups in the organization came out and was like did my boy give you your money order back, and I was like you mean you boy xxx. And he was like yeah my boy xx who took your money order he is suppose to give it back.

Anyway I took that recording and other evidence I collected to the police station who called out the investigator. The investigator drove up to the station, didn't even get out of his car, and just yelled at me for interfering with their investigation without taking anything I collected.

As soon as I got home. The drug lord started pounding on my car window and stuffed my money order through the crack in my door shouting here's your money order we want no trouble here.

Later when the pizza joint I worked out burnt down I repaid him in kind with like 20 2L of soda and other things we recovered from the store.

Still it was annoying that the cop chose to yell at me and no take my evidence when he was excited before. Turned out he was a crooked cop down the road and was selling stuff in another town.

Just want to highlight this part

Rytheric posted:

(this was when I lived in the drug den I moved into so my lady friend at the time could be closer to my drugs)

Reading that in conjunction with this:

Rytheric posted:

That was what the people in town called him. He ran most the prescription drugs throughout the town. Things like meth were handled by another person. My apartment complex was burnt down during a dispute between the two as the "drug lord" tried to take over the meth trade as well.

Is starting to explain a lot

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

:suspense:

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Bogus Adventure posted:

Just want to highlight this part

Reading that in conjunction with this:

Is starting to explain a lot

Lol I meant to say her drugs thanks for catching a very important typo lol.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Please, do not loving self-medicate for ADHD with methamphetamine.

My best friend does this and I can't even stand being around him anymore because of it. Literally manic all the loving time.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

For the record. I dont drink, smoke, smoke weed, or consume any other drugs. I tried cigarettes when I was with that lady because it became something g we just did together and eventually I would smoke cigars for like a month at a time but I never got into them.

I got drunk for the first time when I was 22 because my Vietnamese friends gave me wine for my birthday and I was drunk for 2 months straight so I cut it off due to a horrible family history of drinking and gambling that lost my mother's side of the family 90% of the land they owned and realizing I was susceptible to being an alcoholic. I only minority picked it up again while I was a bouncer, but haven't drank since except at environmental professional meetings which stopped after I got gout.

I didn't smoke weed for the first time until I was 28 and my best friend and I were splitting ways. Me to NC her to Iowa and figured we would see each other the a while so to I let her pop my weed cherry as a going away thing.

It was an interesting experience which is another story if I haven't already told it here. But I haven't picked it up since.

Overall I can't keep focused enough to do something like that nor do I support it as it seems like a waste of money for the minor effects they have on me.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Oh hell yes tell us the weed story

The_Muncher
Mar 2, 2021
I guess I shouldn't be surprised you got gout after you explained your diet...

Holy poo poo you're gonna die dude.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Rytheric posted:

which stopped after I got gout

Were you drinking ungodly amounts exclusively from leaded crystal carafes or something

The_Muncher
Mar 2, 2021

Drone posted:

Were you drinking ungodly amounts exclusively from leaded crystal carafes or something

It's caused by eating meat.

Mostly organ meat, but when you're stuffing $40 of Bojangles down your maw a day I don't think it matters if it's a moderate or severe trigger because of excess. Sugar's another trigger and I just assume dude was loading up on whatever the largest beverage option is.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

The_Muncher posted:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised you got gout after you explained your diet...

Holy poo poo you're gonna die dude.

I actually manage it pretty well now. Usually I can tell when a flare up is about to happen and drink a lot of water to flush it out. Flushing it out makes my urine smell like rotting fish. Now that I know that I may accidently binge eat 10,000mg of sodium I know why I have to uptake my water from time to time.

Prior to learning I had gout, I thought I was just randomly kicking walls in my sleep really hard and breaking my feet or spraining it. First time it happened, my impromptu doctor was like, yeah I think you're faking pain, so I am going to drug screen you before treating you. Then for 3 years it was diagnosed as me constantly spraining my feet til I came down to north carolina which has better med care overall than west virginia. I marked up with a sharp where all the pain was, and the doctor was like, that's not what a sprain looks like let's get you tested for gout. My uric acid was 11 I think. And he was like yeah that gout.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

The_Muncher posted:

It's caused by eating meat.

Mostly organ meat, but when you're stuffing $40 of Bojangles down your maw a day I don't think it matters if it's a moderate or severe trigger because of excess. Sugar's another trigger and I just assume dude was loading up on whatever the largest beverage option is.

I dont drink sugar because I my diabetes. Yes I know that makes it sound worse. If it's any constellation I stopped eating like that since someone posted my sodium intake.

Edit: this is the point where I confess that I also wanted to use non-powered tools as an excuse to help me get back in shape.

Rytheric fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 3, 2021

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Johnny Truant posted:

Oh hell yes tell us the weed story

I will after work

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

I dont drink sugar because I my diabetes.

you have got to be murdershitting me

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

please stop saying accidentally.

Maybe "Unknowingly" eating 1000mg of sodium.
but you don't accidentally live in a drug lord apartment, or accidentally shoot someone who's in the back of your truck, or accidentally buy a telescope with a loan from payday loan etc.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Rytheric posted:

I actually manage it pretty well now. Usually I can tell when a flare up is about to happen and drink a lot of water to flush it out. Flushing it out makes my urine smell like rotting fish. Now that I know that I may accidently binge eat 10,000mg of sodium I know why I have to uptake my water from time to time.

Prior to learning I had gout, I thought I was just randomly kicking walls in my sleep really hard and breaking my feet or spraining it. First time it happened, my impromptu doctor was like, yeah I think you're faking pain, so I am going to drug screen you before treating you. Then for 3 years it was diagnosed as me constantly spraining my feet til I came down to north carolina which has better med care overall than west virginia. I marked up with a sharp where all the pain was, and the doctor was like, that's not what a sprain looks like let's get you tested for gout. My uric acid was 11 I think. And he was like yeah that gout.

Holy poo poo dude, I don't want to be Mr. Internet Doctor, but that also sounds like it could be Charcot foot how well managed is your diabetes? Because if the answer is "not well" you might not live to timber frame a shitter.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Johnny Truant posted:

you have got to be murdershitting me

Its not that bad honestly.. I was reversing my diabetes precovid pretty well. but I decided to hold off my treatment incase others needed medical treatment last year. Then my insurance switched this year so once I straighten that out I will be back on track again.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
diabetes, gout, and eating 10000mg of sodium a day certainly is some sort of "constellation"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

duomo posted:

diabetes, gout, and eating 10000mg of sodium a day certainly is some sort of "constellation"

That's what the telescope is for.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Rytheric posted:

Its not that bad honestly.. I was reversing my diabetes precovid pretty well. but I decided to hold off my treatment incase others needed medical treatment last year. Then my insurance switched this year so once I straighten that out I will be back on track again.

Look motherfucker, if you don't make a round turn on your diet right the gently caress now you ate going to loving die, you get that?

There is no loving way that you don't have incipient heart disease combining type 2 diabetes with 10,000mg of sodium a day.

gently caress

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Every time OP reveals his life is in danger, there's another life-threatening set of circumstances right around the corner. Remember when everyone was worried he might find a fiery death in his truck? Or when the thread thought he was getting poisoned by the exhaust pipe? Now it's just straight up diabetes. What's next? Powerful wraith kings hunting Ry down for the ancient artefact he's accidentally stolen from an underwater temple of Hob-Daroth?

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Elviscat posted:

Look motherfucker, if you don't make a round turn on your diet right the gently caress now you ate going to loving die, you get that?

There is no loving way that you don't have incipient heart disease combining type 2 diabetes with 10,000mg of sodium a day.

gently caress

I get that. I stopped. I typically don't eat that way because I have my money locked away to prevent me from overspending on food.

schmug
May 20, 2007

tater_salad posted:

please stop saying accidentally.

Maybe "Unknowingly" eating 1000mg of sodium.
but you don't accidentally live in a drug lord apartment, or accidentally shoot someone who's in the back of your truck, or accidentally buy a telescope with a loan from payday loan etc.

:emptyquote:

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

What are you eating now that you've been educated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Rytheric posted:

I dont drink sugar because I my diabetes. Yes I know that makes it sound worse. If it's any constellation I stopped eating like that since someone posted my sodium intake.

Edit: this is the point where I confess that I also wanted to use non-powered tools as an excuse to help me get back in shape.

Wasn’t that like two days ago? I don’t think you’re ready to say you’ve stopped eating like that