Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Rytheric posted:

This would change the exhaust pressure i believe.

Dude you can easily lengthen the pipe and route it to go up the side and exhaust up away from you. More then likely the entire exhaust needs replaced anyways because it's a 90s piece of poo poo. You should be planning to replace it because any rust hole can and will leak into the box and kill you. Replace it and route it to shoot straight up to the sky so you don't die.

Edit. Look into the power system that the ambulance 350s have, you can probably easily retrofit one into your box truck and get a shitton of extra power and more efficient alternator setup that you can use. If you get lucky you can easily use that and it won't be as rough.

Better yet if you get a good deal on an end of life box ambulance you have something that has a full power system already in it, and a 240 hookup ready to go. Side not for anyone that wants to do this.

UCS Hellmaker fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Sidenote for anyone wanting to do this but not in a goddamn box truck. You can buy used ambulances on ebay that you just have to strip the running light and siren off of and they are fully road legal.

You get massive maintenance records, a fully integrated and powered electrical system with batteries and inverters for power along with cutoff switches. A bench seat you can easily rip off and convert to a twin bed. 3 points of egress. A big old captains chair you can keep or toss. Keep the cabinets or rip them out but they are great for storage. If it's a vanbulance it's not a massive bitch to backup but will be smaller without the side panel storage. If it's a type 3 box truck you'll have storage for days and the interior is big. Come with 240 volt inputs for stationary charging

Bad side. The type 3 will suck down gas and typically gets like 8 to 10mpg many are diesel. They suck poo poo to backup, and the suspension is stiff due to the weight of the box. Tires will be a shitload when they need replaced and you need 4 on the back of a type 3.

Almost all of them will be 200k or more miles of hard long distance miles. But by god they will be running.

Quick glance in ebay literally had one 3 hours away from me for 4 grand. And a type 3 at 9grand that I legit would get if I was doing a mobile home. Like these things are definitely what I'd do instead of an rv for traveling because besides needing bathrooms they'd be easier and cheaper to fix with less proprietary parts (everything's based off ford or gm fleet trucks with a box dropped on it instead of a bed) they largely aren't filled with garbage you don't need and are more efficient.

Buy an ambulance not a box truck

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Certain Mercedes fleet vans are also very good. Come with 4WD and a bit newer for 8-12k.

The draw of an ambulance is the electrical is all upgraded with a more powerful inverter with idle system set for power production and reduced engine wear and gas usage. Along with a built-in 240 input for stationary charging and use. And since they are built to defined known standards and have strict maintenance requirements you can know what your getting. Get a duramax engine and it won't die.

A little more money but cut out all that risky electrical stuff your kill yourself with if you do it wrong, and have built in storage inside and outside! :science:

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Never ever let emotions dictate what you do when its money in thousands. You cannot let yourself get scammed on something that you are obviously not getting the full story on. Wash your hands and back away. go to a realtor and talk with them on because by loving god most realtors know people that have small parcels that can be developed. Don't try and DIY with things that can easily get you scammed like this or get you a property that literally is unusable and impossible to offload except to the next person that gets scammed.

You should be focusing first on your truck and getting it stable and set as a mobile home, fix the power situations and get some more power setup so you can have it more reliable right now, and while you do that slowly start talking with people and getting resources on what you need to do for due diligence. No one is going to be competing with you on small parcel properties unless your in a massive boom area where a dev is buying everything. very few people ever buy vacant land, no one wants the hassle of construction loans, getting utilities and the like, literally they'd rather have everything their ready to go and bulldoze and build. And they can just modify a building instead half the time. You need to back away and think and realize that your being taken for a ride by someone that has been loving you since the first day.

They keep changing poo poo on you dude, your being hosed in the rear end by people that think your a loving idiot, and probably paying off their drat taxes.

The easiest thing you could do? sheriff sales for vacant land would honestly be easier and less of a hassle.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Rytheric posted:

So I looked up the title search and paperwork they gave me. It does reference the lien, but the lawyer representing the sellers agent was weaving the contract so that the sellers agent was going to take over the loan on the owners property during the "refinance." While opening the portion I was interested in up to sell to me.

I think one implication was that the sellers agent was going after the owner's property with the house as a bigger target to sell. Selling me the portion they didn't want was just to sweeten the pot and make the transition more likely to happen. Or he just wanted the interest of the $100,000 the owner still owes.

YOU ARE GETTING SCAMMED YOU IDIOT

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Was wonderhangers not candles. That first thread was just goon in the well pissing ending as he gets dolphin season tickets and goes to a tail gate, as his wife obviously hates him and spends all their money on "gifts". Oh the loving pool table to.

Then a second thread where it was obvious the wife was cheating on him, he had an idea she was, he lived on the couch and she was gone all the time so it was him and the kid. Then just endless pages of get a divorce. Then she winds up pregnant and it had to have been the one time she let him gently caress her and it's obviously his guys!!!!!!

I forget the third one but she left him I think? Ending with him buying tons of bitcoins on credit cards just as it crashed lol then banned again.

I didn't follow the moneyball 4th one though.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Rytheric posted:

Healthy but not bad. It's just a light coating. At least not bad compared to coastal or snow prone regions.

Yeah tbf that is a hell of a lot better then most vehicles here in the snow belt for its age. I honestly expected to see a massive rust hole in the frame.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Rytheric posted:

Yeah you can definitely tell the GroverTruk has never tasted road salt. That was part of the perks. When I replaced the breaks for the lady up in Chicago her rotors were the worst I had ever seen. I was like what do yall have to switch these out yearly up here or something?

eh, typically rotors arent a huge deal has long as the car gets driven If you leave a car out and let it sit in the winter thats when the rust on the rotors gets really ugly and the brakes might as well get changed because of corrosion. TBH we just replace rotors when we do brakes in my house since you can get a pads+rotor kit for a decent price on all four wheels and its way easier then dealing with turning them or cleaning them off. drums though are a whole different beast and by god they do not like sitting much.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Rytheric posted:

Yeah, so disclaimer this is all youtube stuff. But the idea is to just lift it up until the suspension droops, take off the shock then pull the spring out. Ive used people use c clamps or just a screw driver.

Here is a video of them taking it off between the 4 and 5 minute mark. Note that some of it doesn't look safe. I don't like the lack of attention to where their hands and arms are.

https://youtu.be/C_HAnqPw_TY

DO NOT DO THIS DEAR loving GOD NO DO NOT USE CLAMPS OR ANYTHING NOT RATED FOR THE SPRING OR THE GODDAMN JOB

THESE ARE NOT TOYS THEY WILL loving KILL YOU.

Pay someone with a lift and the tools to do this job, it is not worth the risk of injury. Or the risk that you might not know the correct way to do something and make your car into a ticking time bomb that kills you or someone else. I do not give a poo poo if your PFC buddy says he knows, or you have the manuals for repairs, this is specifically a job for a trained mechanic that knows F350s and understands the quirks. PAY SOMEONE

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Elmnt80 posted:

Ya'll realize that ambulances are like the one vehicle thats mechanically abused more than a box truck, right? Long periods sitting idling, followed by hard driving, minimal maintenance and this is all before you get to the fact that most of the ones that will be floating around in actual ambulance trim at the moment will be ford econolines with the 6.0. Maybe a turbo 7.3 if you're damned lucky and find an older one that some cousin fucker hasn't had their dirty dick beaters all over already. Ya'll think the wiring and mechanical issues are fun now. :kheldragar:

Yes but federally required and state required logs, and if you don't get one from an ift company and instead one from a fire department the drat thing is near pristine. Many require ambulance turnover every 5-8 years because "reasons" and you only have maybe 100k on the sucker.

You can get drat good deals on the things if your smart and a place retires them. And the maintenance stuff is required by health departments as part of licensing. So the issues are no where near as bad as with box trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Just have it exhaust to the side and not to the back by the tailgaite