Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Rytheric posted:

Going by the folk lore that an acre is the amount a person can scythe grass for in a day (debating whether im scything or not) the 3/4th acre may be fine for me for starters. Once I am confident I can manage 3/4th acres I will move on to larger land. If this deal falls through I may be buying 1-3 acres anyway.

Pink Floyd The Wall taught me that an acre is the area of a rectangle whose length is one furlong and whose width is one chain. Now all I need to know is what the gently caress those two are, and I'm set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

OP, have you considered burying the truk (and/or haus and/or shitter) once it's fitted out? That way you could have it double as a bomb shelter, just like the guy in Canada who made that huge, creepy underground compound out of old school buses.

e: Found a video tour of the place I'm thinking of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3pHt1lkHuM

Powered Descent fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 20, 2021

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

mewse posted:

Seriously. I made a rough blueprint of the new design

The sheer elegance of the engineering... I am overwhelmed.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Rytheric posted:

It only gets inspected once a year...

And if it fails inspection, what, they just let it go for another year?

My state only does emissions testing, not full inspections. But for that, a failed test doesn't mean "oh well, maybe it'll do better next year", it means "your testing deadline has not changed, so fix the problem and re-test (and pass!) before that date or your car ceases to be road-legal".

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Rytheric posted:

I'm no longer doing chemistry. I do environmental work now. Woodworking, jewelry making, and Mars colonization research are hobbies that I hope to turn into a craft along with sailing. I put a halt to my woodworking to focus on saving for the land of MurderHaus though.

I don't think you've told us much about the Mars stuff. As a fellow space nerd, I'd be interested to hear what you've been doing on that front.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Rytheric posted:

All the being said. A wrench has been throw in the plan because the owner said he re-evaluated the land and now wants $20,000. I'm evaluating if I want to accept that. I was originally going to accept that when I was going to be buying it from the seller so now it's back up to the original cost. I told the seller about the owner doubling the price and he said that the owner is an a-hole and is a waste of time. The owner is justifying the price change by saying that the seller didn't give him time to get the paperwork together for a proper valuation and that the work he doesn't want to lose out on what he wasted on seeing if the land perked or not and the taxes he has paid over time and that the tax value for one property is 10k and they expect the value of the other property to be the same. Once it's cut off. (I imagine it's only 5k though)

Hold up, I'm confused. Maybe I missed an explanation, but how are the "owner" and "seller" different people? Is the "seller" like a realtor or something?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Rytheric posted:

This is how it's typically locked then a bolt lock on one side. I intend to have these locks on both doors to compensate for truk movement and on both sides so I can lock it in place as I exit.

And then one day the rotten kid who lives up the road wanders by, sees you snoozing in there, locks you in from the outside, and runs away laughing his rear end in a top hat head off.

Might be worth looking into a regular deadbolt, with a key on the outside and a knob inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Separated at birth, I tells ya.