Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
hey goons, I need some help. Trying out the current season as a Guardian and got most of my Tuvala gear to TET and finishing of the season track rewards. I'm trying to make myself a reasonable list of goals to complete before the end of season but its hard to filter out the old season info to really know the essentials.
So far I plan to get as many Tuvala gear to PEN (I don't have much hope for this except unless I aim for 1-2 pieces) and to complete the season track and Fughar's graduation quest (get previous season Capotia PEN ring reward)

Am i missing anything out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water

stump collector posted:

redeem code BDOHLNY with the redeem button on steam or through the website

for Good Free poo poo

yea, get your cron stones

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Kore_Fero posted:

hey goons, I need some help. Trying out the current season as a Guardian and got most of my Tuvala gear to TET and finishing of the season track rewards. I'm trying to make myself a reasonable list of goals to complete before the end of season but its hard to filter out the old season info to really know the essentials.
So far I plan to get as many Tuvala gear to PEN (I don't have much hope for this except unless I aim for 1-2 pieces) and to complete the season track and Fughar's graduation quest (get previous season Capotia PEN ring reward)

Am i missing anything out?

Are you doing season for the season (tuvala) gear? If no, there's no real reason to pen those if you have better gear on your main unless you want it for bossing alts, and the main prize is the end reward of capotia/perilla's star. Pen is super rough without crons or an incredible amount of grinding since it's basically tet muskan/bheg/tree/giath/kzarka/dande/kutum. It's probably actually harder to hit than those for # of total clicks, but the repair mats are like 3 minutes of grinding while repairing boss gear is almost 20 mil right now.

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
My account has very little gear outside of season as I didn't play much before. Getting to TET Tuvala was already rough with the mats needed to recover after failed attempts. I guess the question is as a low-geared account do I use Crons to get to a PEN Tuvala? I'm trying decipher what the game wants me to do as a season character without unnecessarily wasting tons of mats.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Kore_Fero posted:

My account has very little gear outside of season as I didn't play much before. Getting to TET Tuvala was already rough with the mats needed to recover after failed attempts. I guess the question is as a low-geared account do I use Crons to get to a PEN Tuvala? I'm trying decipher what the game wants me to do as a season character without unnecessarily wasting tons of mats.

It's not a good idea to use crons on tuvala

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Get thousands of stones from fogans or hexe sanctuary and brute force it, just use a backup set. Tuvala has the highest pen rate and the stones are easy to farm so failure costs nothing.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Can you use some of those failsafe materials on ship upgrades? Like I have little interest in grinding, but I'd be happy to reduce the chance of failing with those ship parts.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Iirc new ship gear doesnt fail so they have fixed enhancement costs

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

stump collector posted:

Iirc new ship gear doesnt fail so they have fixed enhancement costs

Ship gear does fail but it does not downgrade. For the most part, it's not that hard to enhance them outside of blue carrack gear which you probably don't have if you're asking.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
It's actually blue gear for my second carrack.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

I mean either way, I'm pretty sure the gear doesn't downgrade at least it doesn't for blue caravel/galleass or green gear, so crons wouldn't do anything

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

are there any benefits from joining the guild for a newbie player?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
You get daily money and some buffs I think.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

iuvian posted:

are there any benefits from joining the guild for a newbie player?

You get some passive buffs like +3 gathering speed and some other stats. The daily income barely matters at this point, but you do get a little daily pay too but it's worth like a couple minutes of playing

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Apparently the prices for loyalty items will double, and some items will disappear from the shop. You'll get double the amount of loyalty per day, in the future, but it still means the value of your current stockpile will get halved. Watch the latest evildousharm video on youtube for more info.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Loyalty devaluation is a hilarious concept.

And not surprisingly, the new Easy anti-cheat overlay has flagged steam_api64.dll as untrusted and refuses to start the game. I'm having Steam verify the game files and hope that'll fix it.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Howard Beale posted:

And not surprisingly, the new Easy anti-cheat overlay has flagged steam_api64.dll as untrusted and refuses to start the game. I'm having Steam verify the game files and hope that'll fix it.

Epic games surely has no incentive to do this!!!!

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Now processing.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
lol all the storage space got reduced

wtf is this poo poo

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

busalover posted:

lol all the storage space got reduced

wtf is this poo poo

There's a known bug and they're apparently fixing it one channel at a time right now.

Also if anyone was looking at the game, playing a non-season is also a decent head start right now--there's an attendance event that gives the equivalent of a tri accessory for the ring, ear, belt, and neck slot which fills out all but 2 slots with the oasis weapons/armor. You'd want to play actively enough to replace the oasis gear at some point since those would eventually go away.

Seasons are still probably worth it since you get a tri earring/ring equivalent for getting to 61 which could compliment the current attendance reward, not to mention the extra inventory slots and stuff you get from the leveling box

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Game is 100% free on steam until March 10th.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I just tried this because of the Steam free thingy and, uh, is there any way to get the tutorial to give you tips for the controller? I play on a PC, but I prefer using a controller because I can sit back and don't have to stay hunched over my computer (I do enough of that with work). It kept showing me combos for the keyboard, even when I told it to switch to gamepad/controller mode.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Hope witch gets more interesting, I've just been casting magic missile for 55 levels straight.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

iuvian posted:

Hope witch gets more interesting, I've just been casting magic missile for 55 levels straight.

lol

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

iuvian posted:

The golden age of witch has come and gone I'm afraid.

Horse witch was probably the most fun I've had pvping in a game.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

iuvian posted:

I usually do fart cloud + different types of earthquakes

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Well if anyone just started and wanted to know a good time to buy things in the cash shop...the current sales are about as good as they ever get

razak
Apr 13, 2016

Ready for graphing

gwrtheyrn posted:

Well if anyone just started and wanted to know a good time to buy things in the cash shop...the current sales are about as good as they ever get

For someone who just grabbed this to check out while it was free is there anything in the cash shop that would be a recommended "get this"?

I just started and have no idea what I'm doing so far.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

That's on sale? Nothing is really a you must get this, just lots of things that are nice to have like inventory, maids, and pets. If you're just getting started, it might not be a good idea to jump into the cash shop immediately. 50% off is pretty good, but most of this stuff goes 33% off regularly, and usually we get similar sales for black friday.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
has the tent ever been on sale?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
The tent has occasionally been on sale for 20% but that’s the most I’ve ever seen. (You can combine this with coupons to get more)

It is probably the best purchase though for qol especially since they tend to give maids and pets for free.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What's the horniest class, asking for a friend

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What's the horniest class, asking for a friend

how big's your wallet

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Futaba Anzu posted:

how big's your wallet

not very atm

more seriously, what's the best class for playing this game as a single player

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 5, 2021

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

not very atm
more seriously, what's the best class for playing this game as a single player

Pretty much any class can grind, quest, and do lifeskills solo. Lahn is really good with self-heals so you don't have to worry about potions as much as others. Wizard and Witch also have pretty good sustain.

But honestly just pick whichever class seems cool and fun to you. Even the class least focused on PVE imho (Shai) is perfectly fine to level and grind with if you want.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
That 1000% combat xp buff is really nice for afk-leveling. Just sayin'

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Whales are selling the 50% price costumes on the silver shop, I picked up two and now my characters look like space hookers.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

never played this before but the combat looks fun. gonnna do a wizard wince spells are fun.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

iuvian posted:

Whales are selling the 50% price costumes on the silver shop, I picked up two and now my characters look like space hookers.

post pics of your space hookers.

mine has vague retro wonder woman vibes, if she was super goth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I'm just starting this game, what should I spend $20 on? That's my general limit for F2P games unless they really suck me in.

Also I suck at the button combos, is it easier with a controller?