Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Good lord this game is dizzying. It looks amazing though.

EDIT: My biggest challenge is that even just starting I have so many skills, and difficulty figuring out which to use, and when. The descriptions verge on word salad.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Thank you!

EDIT: I can't seem to turn off the Enhancement spam. In the alert settings I turned off both success and failure for other players and that didn't do anything.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 6, 2021

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I made a "seasonal" wizard, and a regular warrior, but the deluge of mysterious of items has me baffled. There's just so much stuff that I don't know what to do with.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I made an alt and some of the main's quests appear in their list. How does that even work?

EDIT: I guess people keep their skills separate, so you would not do the same shared quest on two different characters.

EDIT 2: Wait, are housing and storage shared? I can see that I need to scale back on all that gathering/tradeskilling.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 11, 2021

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Is it ok to post a list of stuff clogging up my storage? I’d like to identify endgame stuff I can eliminate because I’m casual and will never need it. I’ve been getting showered with items that are a mystery to me.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

This is most of it:

code:
Valks cry x 22
Blessing of Kamasylve 7 days x 2 (don't stack)
Mercenary's Skill 60 x 1
Item Collection Increase Scroll x 28
Premium Elixir Box x 3
Oasis Dream Chest x 2
Event high quality draught box x 5
Rainbow gem fruit x 3
Spirit pouch of ferocious beast x 3
J's hammer of loyalty
Tuvala ore x 54
Refined magical black stone x 20
time-filled black stone x 700
Burning moonlight black stone x 28
Cron stone x 676
Event daybreak stone x 4
Event secret scroll of devotion 20 x 2
Laila's petal x 6
Black gem fragment x 1
Ancient spirit dust x 38
Fairy powder x 15
Event artisan's memory x 20
Event advice of immortality x 4
Event shining shakatu's seal x 5
Event tachros's spirit stone x 1
Event magical elixir x 2
Enchanted scroll +20 x 1
Event secret book of old moon 7 days x 1
Event shakatu's shiny box Life x 1
Yona's fragment x 5
Advice of valks +50 x 1
Destruction spirit stone x 1
Event black magic crystal box x 1
Black spirit essence x 2
Event enhancement help kit II x 1
Theia's orb x 3
Caphras stone bundle - 5 x 2
Sharp black crystal shard - 3 x 1
Caphras stone x 6
Caphras stone bundle x 1
Event advice of safety x 3
Black spirit's adventurer box x 4
Arcana of fate box x 1
Sacred statue of ashula x 1
Concentrated magical black stone - weapon x 1
Whale tendon potion x 1
Variety of dim magical crystals
Variety of weapon exchange coupons

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Thank you both for the time you put into this.

EDIT: First character I made is seasonal, but I immediately made several alts to test out the classes. I've been enjoying gathering and crafting so I've spent alot of time on that, but I'm taking each alt through the main quest to see if I like them. Will probably purge a couple to make room to try the last classes that interest me. Today I'm making beer for my worker and feed for my pets and that's given me the chance to try new things like collecting and purifying water so I don't have to buy it.

I think I will see if I can grab a few more house in Velia to boost my storage, which will take the pressure off of managing all this stuff.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 17, 2021

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

My main Seasonal character is still wrestling with inventory management instead of questing, so I created one of those little elf characters to try lifeskills. I'm also taking the character through the MQ and I was amazed at how much I found to do in the starting region, long after I received quests to go to Heidel. I've only scratched the surface with nodes and workers, some of it is appealing, some less so.

Decided to go check out Heidel just for the heck of it, but ran into several quests along the way that distracted me, wound up back "home" making meat stews and stir-fry! I was disappointed to find out that the purified water I'd been producing does not replace mineral water in cooking recipes. Who cooks with mineral water anyway?

I got a token for a golden horse, and it goes quick but is barely controllable. Of all the things to be flummoxed by. Leaving my first horse back in the starter region for my other alts to use while I keep trying to get all the way to Heidel.

Is it bad that I give each alt a single lifeskill just so they can generate a little income while they're out in the world? So one is logging, another collecting meat, etc. The elf is doing all the heavy lifting skillwise.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I want to pay for the quasi-subscription value pack but I want to make sure I understand how this game currency nonsense works. I have to buy a certain number of gamebux, and then those gamebux can be used to buy a certain number of "Pearls" which are then used to buy in-game store items like value packs. The only variable seems to be when you buy Pearls, because "bonus" Pearls are included with each item based on how many Pearls you purchase. And I expect the bonus amount is not linear, so certain Pearl amounts are probably more cost-effective than others.

As a filthy casual I'm not interested in much else in their store, but the value packs feel worthwhile.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

My gaming style requires unlimited access to the character creation tool because I cannot settle on which facial hair to use.

Unless I'm misreading it looks like there's a 60% discount on those value packs, so would be a good time to buy.

EDIT: Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to use the pearl store coupon! :argh:

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 23, 2021

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I think my biggest problem remains determining which skills and combos I can use to create a simple rotation. I don't have the brainpower for complicated rotations, but even so it's a challenge to compare skills. My usual method of sorting out DD, AoE, DoT, etc. skills is difficult with the way the skills interface shows details. I find myself letting skill points pile up because as I dig through the options I can't determine if any of them offer an advantage. "Higher" level skills that are linked to lower ones often don't seem to be an improvement, at least not from trying to compare details.

That said I enjoy this game, I just know that I am playing in a deeply unoptimized and inefficient manner. I have one character on the Seasonal server, one that is following the MQ and doing loads of lifeskills, and a third on the MQ and just doing butchering/simple alchemy. I find myself doing a little planning before I log on so I can manage the workers, gathering and crafting, moving ingredients around and the like.

Also I have like 60 of those Oasis boxes stored up. I really need to buckle down and clear all that stuff out.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

The first character that's clicked for me is a Valkyrie. I cobbled together a little routine that's worked well with those imps that are all over the starter area. My favorite skill in the game so far is her grab, which snatches an enemy and body slams them. Love doing that to those imp wizards before they can throw a fireball at me. It's so visceral.

I think that's why I enjoy gathering so much in this game. The animations and sounds really sell it when you're chopping down a tree, or using your pick on a rock. Even the processing ones are satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Who else will take your fish bones and old nets in exchange for stuff? :colbert: