Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

I played BDO at release with the Starfleet Dental guys and am thinking of coming back to see how the game is these days. I really enjoyed the life skills, and am hoping they are not as shallow as they were at the time. From the OP and what I've read it appears they have. I just did the account transfer process to keep my account alive. Do they still have separate servers inside of the regions like before, or has it all been condensed down to one per region?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

gwrtheyrn posted:

Manos mostly adds a way to make number go up yeah. There have been some changes that have made lifeskills quite a bit different than launch such as:

1. Outside of gathering, most lifeskills don't use energy
2. Hunting is actually somewhat interactive even if it's not really good money. I believe feather wolves are the cool spot for this.
3. Gathering Lakario is a minesweeperesque game you can go play. The money on this kinda sucks, and I'm pretty sure most people who do this do so with a pegasus.
4. Cooking/Alchemy have imperial delivery, which is probably the largest sink of produced food. Making meals is the meta now which has a lot more steps than milk tea or beer or whatever. Pilgrims haven also made stone easy to come by for utensils

Fishing and trading are basically unchanged. Gathering is fundamentally the same, but the amount and in some cases the materials you're gathering for have changed. Processing is just faster but is otherwise unchanged

I did cooking as my main life-skill and found gathering milk and meat were the main bottle necks. I especially wasn't fond of the milking mini-game. Looks like I still will be playing the afk energy game still in order to gather a decent amount of materials. I also remember blowing through loads of the special cooking clothes trying to upgrade them.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

gwrtheyrn posted:

If cooking is your main thing, meat is still a large bottleneck, but manos gathering made it profitable enough to gather than you can buy most forms of meat. There are also occasional quests that can pop up when you're cooking that will have you cook and deliver 100 of some dish and get 1000 milk or egg. There's also one for hot pepper or onions but I just fail them because I get more than enough of those farming. My primary meal is valencia meals, so the milk from the cooking quests is more than enough for me, but it means I have to gather/buy lion/scorpion/snake meat. Basically everything else comes from nodes

I have/had a massive node setup going, for the time, before I quit. Hopefully all of that is still going. Everything I needed but the things you cannot automate were taken care of by my network of workers. At the time the SFD guys were always making comments in mumble about how they saw my workers everywhere, lol. I cannot remember which food I was focusing on, but it definitely was named after a city and was gold tier. I also was doing something with wood (planks?) and shipping to that forest town south of calpheon to sell to the NPC vendor for decent money. Ill have to download and install to give myself a refresher.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Game is 100% free on steam until March 10th.