Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Perfect Element posted:

Yeah, ever since I started having home working as an option, I pretty much never call in sick. It's easy enough to keep your head down for a day or two if you have a cold, especially if you whinge about it just a little...

Yeah unless you physically can't work it just feels like a waste not to log on and do what you can (even if it's from bed). Gotta keep that Bradford factor low in case you need it later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He couldn't even get through that short clip without expressing how much he agrees with Tory MPs.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Not finishing a loaf the day you get it always feels like a waste of freshness. If someone didn't already come up with some sort of daily bread delivery subscription during lockdown they should.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Got my first jab booked. Pump me full of beans. :toot:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

OwlFancier posted:

If he's been sick for weeks did he actually catch it on holiday lol?

If he only tested positive the other day presumably he caught it in the hospital he was staying in. I can't imagine the holiday helped though since he would've been admitted with pneumonia pretty soon after they got back.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I don't know anything about him beyond the walking about which was good and fine.

It's the country's celebration of it all that turned my stomach. The idea that the loving NHS should be funded by the elderly arranging charity drives. The fact that the government and every brand under the sun used and abused him for feelgood cheer points while sweeping every cut, failure and unnecessary death under the carpet. The family of posh cunts standing behind him for every photo op, enjoying their freebies and holidays. It's sickening.

This thread sums it up nicely:

https://twitter.com/mlothianmclean/status/1356636809170718725?s=19

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah but they don't put the people who actually gave the money on telly and give them a knighthood do they.

You only get that if you're rich and donate money in lieu of taxes.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

keep punching joe posted:

Who runs the Podcasting is Praxis account? I saw it, I saw the tweet.

I was going to screenshot it and post it here but I think I prefer to keep it tucked away in my memory.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Cap'n chat:

I wonder if that ad that has that teen/young 20 something say he never donated to Capn Tom's fund will ever see the light of day again?
I can't remember what the ad was for.

I think it was the Tesco Christmas ad. Drove me mental every time.

"I did a charity bake sale though!"
"Your crimes against Tom are forgiven, heathen."

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

This one looks like a magician competing on Britain's Got Talent.

Honestly I don't have anything against him personally but the fawning is just ridiculous. It's Poppywatch in human form.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He's clearly trying to avoid being elected because he knows the meeting where the Queen gives permission to form a government would be really loving awkward.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Can you call a crisp truly posh if they sell massive bags for £1?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wake me in twenty years when Sultana's in with a chance.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

No clapping down my road. I should move to somewhere with a bit more loving respect.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pesky Splinter posted:

When the government's response to everything over the last year is just to mindlessly applaud, I think the novelty wears a bit thin, even for the die-hards or politically unaware.

I'm sure they'll find enough people doing it (preferably adorable children and olds) to fill a heartwarming news piece on BBC later tonight and show just how effective clapping is at bringing the country together.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1357035694674370560

For such a blandly normal looking man he's strangely incapable of being photographed without looking like a ventriloquist dummy.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Bear in mind Starmer hadn't been an MP for 2 minutes before they were bigging him up to stand for leader.
I think Sultana would be very good.

Burgon has too much baggage and yes, inclined to put foot in it when speaking. But he does have good taste in music having seen him post a photo of himself in an Entombed t-shirt.

I think it is time Labour made a serious effort to get a leftwing female leader. And hopefully she would have seen enough to give an edge of ruthlessness that Corbyn bless his cotton socks never had.

Out of interest what sort of stuff has Burgon said that hasn't gone down well? I've only recently seen him speaking about the Manchester tier nonsense and he came across really well in that.

I really would like Sultana but I dread to imagine the savaging she'd get from the press. Think what AOC gets now multiplied by a factor of ten.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

peanut- posted:

The mid 80s was when UK banks moved to a model of free accounts subsidised by punishing charges on stuff like unplanned overdrafts.

It's pretty unusual to be honest, in most countries people pay for current accounts and basic banking services.

Yeah our way usually ends up being pretty predatory. Though at least most (all?) banks have the option of blocking transactions that would push you into overdraft and incur a charge.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Neither of these two look like they're enjoying this.

Can't wait to see the Netflix dramatization of their relationship in ten years' time. It'd be like a really, really poo poo house of cards.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Oh I didn't know that. It wasn't too obvious. They should give a space for what you think was wrong with it.

This is all assuming your report is looked at by an actual human being, which it isn't unless you're already in a position of power and want to punch down at people being mean to you.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jose posted:

Lol not content with already lying about the 2k checks the democrats are now intending to means test it to the extent it cuts out a huge number of people more than it already did for being means tested

This is my extreme shocked face.

(Still more than our fuckers have given us though).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The phishing bots are getting more sophisticated every day.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've been doing the YouGov daily surveys for a little while now and they're just so loving bad. Most of the long form paid surveys are extremely confusing and full of questions that are massively open to interpretation.

This poo poo today though:

"Thinking about films and television made several decades ago that contain content that may be regarded by some people today as being sexist or racist, do you think such films or television can or cannot still be enjoyable?"

It seems tailor made to generate a swathe of 'Brits reject PC censorship of classic blackface sitcoms' when everyone says old films can be enjoyable. Considering everything made before 2010 (and pretty much everything after) has something that could be seen as racist or sexist today it's incredibly disingenuous.

stev fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Feb 5, 2021

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

He tweeted:

Reverend Robinson-Brown responded to the news by tweeting: “The cult of Captain Tom is a cult of White British Nationalism.
“I will offer prayers for the repose of his kind and generous soul, but I will not be joining the ‘National Clap’.”

That's one of the most correct and sensible things I've ever seen a member of the clergy say.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

OwlFancier posted:

It's not a word you would generally use as a verb, when was the last time you said quizzed outside of a news story?

Pub quiz team names mostly.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Perfect Element posted:

Looks like most of the Toblerone fudge sales were to bots and scalpers, unfortunately. On ebay packs are going for three or four times the original retail price. Camrath should do more to stop this kind of thing. Shame!!

Give verified Fudge+ subscribers priority on pre-orders!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/STVNews/status/1358749101249200128?s=19

RIP Podcasting is Praxis account.

stev fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 8, 2021

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm sure Limmy's tweeted worse. Where's his jail time?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1358813020986744833?s=19

Ash being way too loving nice in this thread.

I'm amazed at how much traction this book is getting. He's just a bad comedian with a Twitter account (and the worst Taskmaster contestant in all of its ten seasons).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tesseraction posted:

Frankie Boyle (post-Mock the Week), Mark Steele, Romesh Ranganathan

Nish is generally good too isn't he?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Comrade Fakename posted:

She really isn’t.

What's she done? I vaguely remember another comedian once alluding to her secretly being a poo poo.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

crispix posted:

MY NOIME

IS EHNDY PAWSONS

COWBIN...

IS BAD

:manning:

*audience goes wild*

I honestly have no idea how he got a lifetime spot on Mock the Week, I don't think he's ever managed to raise even the faintest smile from my lips.

He has the energy of a boomer dad who had a midlife crisis, quit his job and decided to pursue a career in stand up despite never having spoken publicly before while living on rental income.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Camrath posted:

I will be restocked with Toblerone on Friday, plus several other flavours :)

Unlike say, Sony, I recognise when my customers are screaming for more and up production.

A savvy fudgelord would artificially limit supply for another month then quadruple the price. :capitalism:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Camrath posted:

Except that would make me A. Lose any lefty cred I ever had and B. My wife would put me against the wall herself.

You've passed the test. You will go into the West and remain fudgelord.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gorn Myson posted:

My brother was banging on about Off Menu for ages and when I finally did give it a listen I really enjoyed it, but I remember scrolling through the feed, seeing Jessflaps name pop up and going noooope.

Even her selection is poo poo and predictable. Of course she'd go with a full English. Thats what her whole image is about.

I really like Off Menu but it's one of those that's far better if you just pick and choose the episodes with guests who actually interest you. There are quite a few I've not heard of so I don't get much out of hearing whether they prefer poppadoms or bread.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mebh posted:

I just found it amusing that the Jet 2 leaflet I got through my door encouraging me to "book my cheap holiday NOW NOW NOW (terms and conditions apply- lol)"
Has an image on it that could only be interpreted as the UK spreading the plague to everywhere this summer:

This looks like the Rise of the Planet of the Apes credits. https://youtu.be/5EyC3o4UsI0

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It's interesting to see just how many posters ITT would literally destroy someone's life without a flicker just to avoid a confrontation.

I mostly just destroy my own life to avoid confrontation.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Barry Foster posted:

It's hard to take this as anything other than them overtly trying to kill me, my partner, and my friends

I'm convinced that the government has only mustered up the pathetic effort it has because this is a global issue and every other country is showing us up. If the situation were isolated to the UK they absolutely would've allowed mass death on an even wider scale than they already have.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

atleast somebody is enjoying it, all I've done is clear out my steam backlog and watch all those prestige tv shows everyone told me to watch.

This sounds wonderful. I mostly sit staring at the backlog trying to pick something to play/watch before going back to FF14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jakabite posted:

You not going on holiday isn't going to do poo poo - it's systemic issues that are killing the planet. Fulfil your dream, you only get one life and you won't feel any better if the world burns for having deprived yourself of the one thing you want to do more than anything.

Yeah the idea of deliberately depriving myself of any travel for the rest of my life out of a misplaced sense of guilt is wild to me. It's not like most people want to go on ten long haul trips per year.