Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Lungboy posted:

https://twitter.com/telebusiness/status/1357639718620581888?s=09

Rents going down while house prices are going up? I can't see that lasting.

Rents may be going down on London, but they are going up everywhere else as people and businesses realise you don't actually need to sit in an office to do most jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Twisto I found the subject of your next megapost.

I've got the book this picture comes from. Pretty sure it's a Smith & Jones book.

Edit: I'm also not 100% sure that's not the picture I took myself some years back.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Mebh posted:

I really miss German healthcare. Mostly because every private practice was available and wait times were practically nothing.

Thanks to the thread a month or so ago I started investigating the possibility that i have ADHD.

So I was the same except I had Bupa private health insurance. Their paperwork States that they cover mental health issues so I rang them to get an appointment with one of their ADHD psychotherapists.

Only I got told that they don't cover that mental health issues as it's a learning disability and they won't pay for me. So all the money I had paid into the plan was pointless.

And that's the problem. You can be denied the healthcare you want because some person with the purse strings days so, not whether it may be medically necessary or not.

Also, when I ended up in hospital with Sepsis (caused by an sore tooth that a private dentist refused to treat) the insurance company provided me no extra. It was the NHS that kept me alive.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

It's not so much the deposit that's an issue. It's the salary multiplier.

It's a problem if 4x my already over national average salary will literally not get anything near where I live.

The average house price is 10x the average salary. That's the problem.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Here's a question:

Why all the facebook pages suddenly giving away million pound houses? I'm not talking about scam pages, I'm talking about legit pages like charities, that post the sponsored post and then go back to posting normal stuff, so it's not a hack either.

I was just reminded of it on a youtube video with the host saying it was sponsored by Omaze giving away a chance at a fancy looking house. And quickly googling "why is everyone giving away million pound houses" it seems like Omaze are usually involved.

I'm assuming the technicalities of the scam revolve around this:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8175132/three-million-house-raffle-mark-beresford/

(Apologies for the Sun link but it's the only link I could find that wasn't actually advertising the house).

Omaze are a decent company and have been doing stuff like this for years.

Unlike many of the house raffles its part of their terms and conditions that no matter how many tickets they sell, they will give away the house and have also guaranteed a minimum amount to charity.

Pretty much every other house raffle is a scam though.