Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
No harm to the Captain, he did more for Covid personally than most of us did, and most of the politicians in charge of the loving thing.
£30 million raised for doing to what to him was an endurance thing.
Where the fuckers now tweeting out how great he was could give that with one signature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

NotJustANumber99 posted:

How are so many people in this thread getting vaccinated? Everybody old?

I'm eleven

Not even close. My 70s yo mother in NI hasn't heard poo poo about her getting it, some 80yo friends are saying they haven't been notified either.
Seems the west of NI is getting the usual leftovers from the east.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Darth Walrus posted:

I really wish they'd do one of those Games Workshop hack and slash games where you get to be a champion of Chaos rather than an agent of the Empire/Imperium. C'mon, RPG customisation where you get to pick your god and become progressively more mutated would be rad as hell. Let me play as a Warrior of Slaanesh and obliterate an entire screenful of enemies in a tastefully-scented murder-orgy, or a Sorcerer of Tzeentch who turns the entire enemy army inside out and then makes them eat each other.

There are games like this yet to be made that are going to be brilliant. But not now.
The problem with making them right now is that its a hell of lot of complexity.
There is a reason why most game figures are human shaped, fat tall ones for Orcs, small for dwarves, thin for elves, etc, as its easy to make assets for them.
Adding in tentacles, third, forth, multiple limbs, horns, etc, explodes the work needed to make fiddly stuff for them like armor or animations.
Whereas you can basically just stretch or squish them for the usual lot of fantasy species.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
I am sorry but there there was not enough clapping to bring him back alive.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I don't really know how medicines "expire" but I imagine it involves the medicine becoming less effective, rather than transforming into a molecule that can murder you

Sorta related.
One of my current medications has a 'DO NOT USE WITH GRAPEFRUIT' on it.
And the reason I found mindblowing.
Never knew grapefruit can cause you to overdose yourself on accident, killing people every year.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

forkboy84 posted:

poo poo sucks. I miss grapefruit, was maybe my favourite citrus fruit. I didn't have it open but it was a nice treat a few times a year.

It wasn't that I would have it these days, but as a kid I remember it being the best thing to have for breakfast or diet and it being everywhere.
Maybe it was my mother who would take it all the time.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

What the gently caress is a luvvie?

OwlFancier posted:

Literally the only people who use it any more are newspapers but i think it means basically big mincing gays from the entertainment industry.

Except y'know, with deniability.

Was a term for narcissistic actors, thinking they were the best thing ever in theater and whole show revolved around them, usually by referencing other better actors.
And yeah, meaning changed over the years.
Similar as Diva, used to be an insult for annoying demanding opera singers and such, now almost a term of strength for being loud.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/johnestevens/status/1357826641758744576?s=20

Boris has finally saved the union, by sending the Queen's totally forgotten 3rd son to live in Scotland.

They really do think that if you spot a Royal you will instantly know your class and start doffing caps at them.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

bitterandtwisted posted:

Honestly didn't know there was a prince Edward

namesake posted:

There's an extended royal family but since they're all off noncing or breaking international laws around arms dealing or slavery and things they're kept well out of the limelight.

Edward did the ultimate faux pas that you could do as a Royal, he did a charity thing with oiks that actually raised money instead of them spending the oiks money.
The poshes and media didn't like it, and he has been hiding ever since.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Josef bugman posted:

Huh, when/ what was this?

That 'Its a Royal Knockout' he organized.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grand_Knockout_Tournament

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Josef bugman posted:

Okay, so this is weird but kind of harmless? I can't believe that this doofus is more disliked by his family than the creepy "none sweat" man.

There was a general air of him being the idiot of the family, not sure disliked is the right description. Andrew prob definitely has taken the disliked position nowadays.
Back then, before the divorces and such, doing anything other than shaking hands and asking people what they do was frowned on.
There was a kerfuffle about Diana 'breaking protocol' taking part in a school sports day run even. She was advised not to do it, but she went and did.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Fumble posted:

Did Banksy log into the wrong account?

Banksy was rumored to be the lead from Massive Attack at one point.
Prob still is lead contender,

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Boris will now announce selling off the NHS and will use this article to shut him up.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://twitter.com/JP_Biz/status/1359109633139425286?s=19

I mean fair play to Irish customs for 10x-ing their usual capacity, even if it meant like a 50% overall freight reduction it shows they were doing at least some prep over the last few years. But just lol at the implications for Britannia

Ireland prepared.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/7347b-preparing-ireland-for-the-economy-of-the-future/

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/cc269-16496-new-jobs-created-by-enterprise-ireland-supported-companies-in-2020/

https://www.enterprise-ireland.com/en/funding-supports/Brexit/Ready-for-Customs/

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

It should be 'when', not should.
Boris is looking forward to the day where he can proclaim everyone who is important is vaccinated, so get back to work, and then shut down all tracking and money to combat it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Junior G-man posted:

Timed juuuuust right for Boris to do a "back to normal by Easter" spread in the Mail:

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1360258832514109447?s=20

The kicker sting to this story?
Its not going down as fast in children.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Toke for the NHS at 8 tonight!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Killing more younglings than Anakin.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

quote:

I enjoyed your pictures crispix, thank you for posting them.

Angry that you didn't pet doggo though.
ALWAYS PET DOGGO

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Guavanaut posted:

There was a period of a few weeks where I kept getting poo poo like this as adverts on facebook

and I'm not quite sure who it's for.

It's for intentional bad faith argumentors, those that are Alf Garnett dialed to 11.
I googled those examples and most have a 'but we caused or made it worse' end bit that is conveniently ignored.

quote:

Until 1918, he was an admirer of the British Empire and only came to advocate full independence after the Amritsar Massacre of 1919.

Where the British Army fired upon protestors killing 400, injuring 1200.
BUT YOU SEE GANDI LUVVED US AHA!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Ah, so you got my card.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
It's not as bad as the US, but EU insurance based healthcare can still gently caress you over.

Was in hospital for 8 days total over June-Sept for a heart problem in Ireland here.
Bill was 12,000 euros.
Thankfully have insurance from work, but still, who can pay that off without having no major impact on their lives.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

serious gaylord posted:

Have they announced who the minister for racism is yet?

Pity the DUP aren't back in coalition, a good running contender would be Gregory Campbell:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-55985100

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-55970058

Being racist to SONGS OF PRAISE!

Making Tories look like amateurs.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Still more info than a news segment would do today.
It would be 'X is standing as candidate', and nothing else.
Is they wanted to pad it out they would get a vox pop of some rando no nothing from the street.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
They should do a remake of King Ralph, but its a Sinn Feiner from the Falls Road whose next in line.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

crispix posted:

i like how the west belfast taxi association has the alternative public transport though, it's very efficient

Worst thing Ive seen there was when I was in a Translink bus on my way back home to the west of NI in late 90s, and the route just skirts the Falls Road area.
We come to a red light, with some ad boards and waste ground beside it. At the foot of the boards, sitting there, was three kids, about 10-12, huffing something from a bag.
The bus was packed, and everybody saw them. And they saw us, but were too out of it to even walk towards us. Absolute out of their minds.
One was giving us the fingers and was trying to get up but couldn't stand up, and then the light turned green.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Irish traffic lights just beep now, to alert blind people when its ready to cross.
Isn't this standard everywhere in the UK/RoI?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Do you prefer your homeless to smell of pickled onion, roast beef, or hot n spicy?
*starts 50 page debate*

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Naomi here is parodying some US right wing twitter account who overhears 'Hillary democrat pizza sex pedo dungeons confirmed' in his local starbucks multiple times.
Forget who it was

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Ms Adequate posted:

"This fedora-wearing man with a wispy beard who asked about nationalizing Games Workshop has not only appeared on three previous Question Times, but we have now obtained evidence that he has been posting in UKMTs for over eight years! Panorama Exclusive 10pm tonight."

gently caress Im rumbled!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

crispix posted:

i'm going to register the cock and balls party with a big cock and balls as the logo and win a landslide at the next election :hehe:

Do you have a newsletter I could subscribe to?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
It's Stardate 98762.28

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

I think only one of these is currently protected under Brexit, as in allowed to be traded freely.
Can you guess which one?
You sling them up your backside.

Could be wrong.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
The real question is though, HP Sauce or Tomato Ketchup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

I once saw a green meteor shooting star, my dad and I were driving home from a night out I had, me drunk as gently caress.
Whole area glowed green for a second, was cool