Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Fish of hemp posted:

What movies did Hitler like? Gone with the wind is really american movie and I don't think you can enjoy if you don't have pretty good knowledge of American history.

i think you could say the nazis were a fan of american history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

America being the model for much of what the nazis did is pretty amazing and understandably and regrettably understated in the history told in the us

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the red army should've kept going

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

it's pretty good but mike duncan is succumbing to brain worms big time

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

For a while i lived in a house that was just dogshit for heating and the main source of warmth on the first floor was a wood burning furnace and i will testify that when you're stressed or angry, splitting chunks of wood is amazing catharsis and it's useful work

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The history of 20th century far right movements is basically just the history of the machinations of capital and an increasingly irrelevant nobility right?

That's the impression i get but id love to hear a more complete take itt

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I am filled with hate for historians, having read that

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i really like mike duncan and i'll defend his History Of Rome work and a good chunk of Revolutions but yeah, i'm not even listening to him anymore wrt the russian one. He really chose to end his podcast by laying his lib chips on the table huh

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

once you cross out of therapeutic range and into rec doses, that poo poo turns people into pretty powerful psychopaths; an entire civ and military populace methed out, with good reasons to fear going outside, going insane and paranoid in their own domiciles, while soldiers get cracked out and have any latent sadism reinforced with dopamine+ sounds like the kind of thing that could enable that entire conflict yeah

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Weka posted:

IMO being hopped up on meth is NOT a valid excuse for war or genocide.

agreed, but it's worth noting that meth makes you loving insane and reinforces just about every bad impulse you could have so like, prolific dopamine-based stimulant abuse absolutely correlates to bad behavior

but it being possibly overblown isn't shocking either.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

allen dulles had it done, george hw bush was involved, jack ruby killed oswald because he was trying to spoil the game.

there's so much more but i'd rather keep this post brief. Accepting anything that tries to interpret what happened as anywhere close to the Warren conclusions, is willfully ignorant at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i just want hbo's rome, again, but with season two expanded by about 30 more episodes but i'd settle for a russian revolution thing if we could get it without liberal brain poison (this wouldn't happen though)