Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Just watch that one scene from Blackadder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBqD7UHncVo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Fish of hemp posted:

But don't Canadians like really, really, really hate their native people?

Yes.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I sill can't find a good book on the warlord era of 1920s china.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Just lol at blaming the communists for the death of Rosa Luxemburg.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I mean, the US isn't a democracy either. Your vote is meaningless, by design.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Verdun was pretty poo poo too.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Weka posted:

Also from an ethical one, as it would be much easier to kill Americans.

The real heroes of the vietnam war: the soldiers who fragged their officers.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Orange Devil posted:

I’m sure a few of those was because the officer tried to stop the troops from committing war crimes on the regular though.

Not sure, the officer corps was full of psychos.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Any credible JFK assassination theories left? Does anyone care anymore? I know Mortal Error was very en vogue in the last decade but I think it's been thoroughly debunked.

It was pretty obviously the CIA. Whether they meant for it to happen like this or it was a bungle we'll never know, but there's so much poo poo around them and JFK that it's inarguable at this point.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

JFK also was a big admirer of Patrice Lumumba, who got merked by the Belgians with CIA assistance, and then the CIA had the UN Secretary assassinated too.

JFK was not a real leftist, but he was bothering the people really in charge of America.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

If you play EU4, you know how loving good the French are at war.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ma i married a tuna posted:

Uhh those are some brazen arguments. I admire the boldness of opning with "only the Noble Empire kept records of the savages worth trusting, so there's no way to say if famines weren't EVEN WORSE before."

On the other hand, if you bothered to read Mike Davis' book, there's all these official records and communications where the English are going "yeah we know there's a famine but we're just going to let them all starve."

Yeah, Late Victorian Holocausts destroys this guys dumb arguments effortlessly.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Holy poo poo Azatoth got demodded.

You're free.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Does the Jakarta Method count as a colonial war?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Yeah, there's a point where it becomes hard to think McClellan wasn't an outright traitor sabotaging the North.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Let's go to someone who was there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOCYcgOnWUM

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

In EU4 there’s an achievement for preventing any european country from having coffee by 1700 as Yemen.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Megamissen posted:

paradox games

Paradox players are either full communists (me) or full fascists (people I don't like).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

update on some guy itt reading the sympathizer i got to the part where the title character a vietnamese spy is helping some auteur director make a movie where the viet cong are psychotic savages and im feeling a little bewildered because this book seems to just be making up falser and falser history as it goes along thats just gone completely uncommented on in the wider discourse because the main point of all this is that white people are racist which of course the target audience totally agrees with

the only major hollywood release thats even close to the kind of movie this is depicting is the green berets and that analogy requires you to very generously interpret that john wayne was widely seen as an auteur and also just sort of ignore the fact that the green berets came out maybe ten years before the sympathizer is set hollywood did do a lot of auteur styled vietnam war movies after the war ended and these movies were often racist but they tended to be racist in subtle ways they werent live action gi joe

...even anti-war hollywood movies had the vietcong as the scary other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Anyone knows about recent polish history? While talking with my parents tonight we talked about Poland for a bit (mostly about polish food) and they mentioned Lech Walessa as this great polish man. I looked at wikipedia and it seems he was an anticommunist who got a lot of good press in the west.