Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this is a great set up. you might even call it........ an experience!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

queuing it up now, buster. some plumbers about to bust out of your pipes

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

kind of off topic but when i was in the second grade, i had this rare thing called kawasaki's disease which is apparently very bad. i got really sick, lost weight, etc. etc., and the whole thing culminated in a stay at the children's hospital where they had to give me a blood transfusion or something bad was going to happen to my heart. part of the treatment involved taking aspirin, which it turned out i was allergic to. i was badly allergic enough that my throat almost swelled shut, but hey, i was in a hospital, so they saved my life.

the children's hospital, i learned, had a room with like 2 or 3 arcade machines, so as soon as i could stand, i dragged my mom there. in my head i still had the IV in my arm but i bet that's just an embellishment of the memory. donkey kong junior was the only one i recognized, so i stood there pumping quarters into it. by the end, i had a small crowd of hospital staff watching in awe at this tiny, groggy, emaciated kid full of IV holes, wrapping my swollen hands around the joystick, trying like hell to kill super mario. my mother was extremely embarrassed but it's not like there was anything else for me to do in the hospital and i'd been cooped up there for a long time.

anyway, killing super mario is extremely cursed. enjoy your permaban.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the scariest monster design in the dragon quest series...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Wood Man is such a stupid design but it’s so good

he looks like Dr wily stared at his idea chalkboard, couldn't figure out why he wrote "station wagon?" and just ran with it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nostradingus posted:

What I wouldn't do for an HD Earthbound remake using the clay enemy models...

i would pay an embarrassing amount for a Kickstarter for this

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Do not pursue Cucco.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

just went to the super mario wiki to see if they ever brought wart back and i forgot that he can kill you with his death animation. it makes sense because he is the most badass of the mario villains, who can gently caress up your dreams.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

He's not even real. He's a pussy that's confined to another dimension. Oh there's Wart? Guess I'll just wake up and be completely safe. Bye bitch!

yeah, good luck. looking forward to you repeatedly trying to wake up and finding yourself in harder and harder platforming levels, desperately trying to wake up the wind fish. ever hear of sleep paralysis? its other name is wart.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it has taken me this long to notice that niennub's avatar is link's uncle

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i wish more of that had been put into hyrule historia.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sort off topic but the random old dude in the shadow link drawing reminded me: noticed while playing ALttP this time that at almost every telepathy tile, sahasrala says "link, it is I, Sahasrala, the Elder" like there's a line of people named Sahasrala waiting to contact link via telepathy

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sahasrala: link, it is I. Sahasrala. the elder?
link: :rolleyes:
sahasrala: uh, you must never fail to get all the treasures on a dungeon.
zelda: quit hogging the loving tile!!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

NienNunb posted:

One has to imagine, especially by Tiny Big World, that Mario hates Koopa the Quick leaps and bounds more than he hates a common Goomba, so who's the real enemy

this is true. the real villain in super mario sunshine is this guy:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i've never looked up what conquer's bad fur day turned into once they decided to make it "adult," but i imagine it's probably why rare died because all of them were immediately arrested upon its release.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

You may have heard of it, you may have not, but this little RPG and its sequel remain as old school favorites among many veteran Mac users. Talk to your kids about it before someone else does.

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the swinging blade dudes could also fall on the floor and flop around like a fish. I hope they're in the renake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

RIP to the king. hope he's getting an eternal puff-puff in valhalla.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the slime is the ultimate monster design