Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's true.
I don't know if you've ever considered this, but heavier objects moving at higher speeds cause greater impacts to occur.

Anyway this is the top headline at Ars Technica right now and while I'm not going to read that garbage I thought it was important to share this breaking news with you, my fellow Goons. Just in case you weren't aware that if you make things heavier and move them faster, this will affect results.

If you have any other breaking news that you feel the need to share, such as that when the sun sets, it gets dimmer outside, please feel free to urgently update this thread immediately. Thank you for looking out for your fellow goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
it's a good point op

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
It's why I wouldn't run even if I could

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

my dick is small but it's insanely fast so it crushes that poosay

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm sorry to hear that I hope your partner(s) are ok

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Using a 100' long bungee cord to jump off a 30' bridge is typically considered a bad idea.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Hell Yeah posted:

my dick is small but it's insanely fast so it crushes that poosay
quantum fucktuations

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I wonder what arse technica has to say about the goatman. Surely he is an exquisite example in their field

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
This is why I make sure I haul several ACME anvils and 10t weights at all times

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Colonel Cancer posted:

I wonder what arse technica has to say about the goatman. Surely he is an exquisite example in their field
https://i.imgur.com/s6qUkem.mp4

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've recently become aware of the fact most cheese is made of milk, for example, which was stunning in its own right, with me, for example, having no sense of object permanence let alone the ability to comprehend how one item could be transformed into another. Quite a revelation, really.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

sending that peanut size dick at your pussy at 3/4 of light speed and it's demolished when i'm done. send that pussy back in time i hit it so hard

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Can I ask a question about your boston baked bean sized micro peen?
Ok thanks.

When it travels at such high velocities as you thrust pathetically and uselessly at your sexually frustrated and no doubt inconvenienced lovers does that cause it to dialate in size and become, say, the size of a galaxy, or perhaps, almost impossible to comprehend, shrink to an even lesser size, too small to even fathom? I'll take my answer off the air

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What about them hydrogen cars? Hydrogen is pretty light. Hit something and you'll ricochet around town like an air hockey puck.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

vaporize that pussy into a cloud of atoms by launching my goldfish penis out the large hadron collider.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

As your micropenis approaches c, it begins to spaghettify

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Icochet posted:

What about them hydrogen cars? Hydrogen is pretty light. Hit something and you'll ricochet around town like an air hockey puck.

Apple is inventing a car that runs entirely on other cars hope this helps (hth in internet speak)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Icochet posted:

That's a nice balloon car you got there! For a clown.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

Apple is inventing a car that runs entirely on other cars hope this helps (hth in internet speak)

As pictured in the documentary "Mortal Engines"

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

As your micropenis approaches c, it begins to spaghettify

ah, the target market for the new RAM TRX

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

Didn't help at all tbh (to be announced)

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I often wonder how many lives would be saved if Newton didn't invent all these physics

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Colonel Cancer posted:

That's a nice balloon car you got there! For a clown.

Yeah some clowns already tried the balloon cars but blew up in a fiery ball of humanity

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

My parents always insisted on buying the biggest and heaviest cars to ensure the safety of our family, which I have learned meant a car big enough that it would obliterate whatever it ran into so the other family of four would die and we would live.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
ok

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

house of the dad posted:

My parents always insisted on buying the biggest and heaviest cars to ensure the safety of our family, which I have learned meant a car big enough that it would obliterate whatever it ran into so the other family of four would die and we would live.

what about 18 wheelers on the highway and such

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

house of the dad posted:

It’s harder for a dead family to sue you so maybe they meant financial safety? See also, officer-involved shootings.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I only travel with my family in a 75-car freight train.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
this soup is for my family's overall weight and velocity

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Hell Yeah posted:

vaporize that pussy into a cloud of atoms by launching my goldfish penis out the large hadron hardon collider.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Lol, gitlin is a really bad writer.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 7, 2021

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im single but i drive a 2.5 ton 4 door sedan because im a shithead idiot american

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
DOCTOR gitlin is a loving idiot.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
While it's true that cars are getting heavier boats are getting lighter so it all evens out. Honestly there's never been a better time to buy a boat.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

It's true.
I don't know if you've ever considered this, but heavier objects moving at higher speeds cause greater impacts to occur.
So what you're saying is we should never give a lift to your mom?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Hell Yeah posted:

sending that peanut size dick at your pussy at 3/4 of light speed and it's demolished when i'm done. send that pussy back in time i hit it so hard

Large Hardon Collider

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Doesn't the article op post here

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Yup.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=39771

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
News I can only find on the fine general bullshit forums of something awful .com

Thanks OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Elmnt80 posted:

Lol, gitlin is a really bad writer.

I read Ars technica probably three times a week.
Enough to scan the headlines.

I have never posted a comment to their article comment section nor have any knowledge of their authors that this kind of fanship, if you'd call it that, would entail.
I cannot, and will not, imagine what having the detailed knowledge of having detailed knowledge of Ars Technica authorship and their persona's entail.

Jesus loving christ.

I just go to the website sometimes and thought "Making a brick heavier and go faster will increase the impact it does" isn't really headline worth.