Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Much as Justice Ginsburg wore her lace collar to recast a historically male uniform and proudly reclaim it for her gender, Sikander said her stylized sculpture was aimed at feminizing a building that was commissioned in 1896.

it worked…. I wanna gently caress that building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

I was thinking about that sleepy joe tweet about 3.4% unemployment last night and I'm not an economist but someone tell me if I'm dumb here

So unemployment is 3.4% and "full" employment is 5%. So does that mean that like people that typically would be out of the job market are still in? I also saw something where credit card usage is waayy up and personal savings is way down. IDK that seems bad?

Maybe full employment used to be 5% but there are a lot less workers now, so there are fewer people out of a job who want one. The rest are dead of covid, or retired early

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

you’re just lucky your parents aren’t raving MAGA fanatics like my dad

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

so when liberals say “populist” what do they mean and why is it bad?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ted Lasso rules. Funny, and a show about a man who is nice to everyone in his life. Ted Lasso honestly inspires me to be a more genuine and friendly person, to text my siblings more, and to compliment people more. I don't care that Biden tries to co-opt it or whatever. It's nice to have at least one show where the characters are all building each other up instead of killing each other like they do in everything else I watch

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

loquacius posted:

I legit don't know what to think if the maga right turns out to be legitimately better than the Dems on foreign policy

pretty sure they are isolationist, which is already better than the dems

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Isn't it rare for a sitting president to do primary debates? who is even running against him (that has more than 1%?)

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

most polls are done by overhearing two unseen people ask “so do you agree with that” and “yes”/”no” and then the eavesdropper assumes what they were discussing

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

why do you need a read a whole book to learn that america bad

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I assume Trump leading in polls has got to be about the voter screening? I can't imagine there's anyone who is weighing the options and picking Trump over Biden, its just more that nothing about Biden makes anyone want to vote, but Trump has lots of die hard fans who are actually excited to vote for him. So as people drop out of the group of likely to vote, there are more Biden would-be voters dropping than Trump voters

Biden sucks so loving much its wild. If by some wild circumstance I was the sole person who decided which of these two fuckheads became president I don't know what the gently caress I would do. Six months ago it would have been much easier but Biden just loves bombing people.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Describing Otto Van Bismark's government's efforts to bring the Catholic community under control in the "Struggle for Culture" (so dubbed by liberals), Richard J Evans writes that "what was even more disturbing was that this massive assault on the civil liberties of some 40 percent of the population of the Reich was cheered on by Germany's liberals, who regarded Catholicism as so serious a threat to civilization that it justified extreme measures such as these."

- Richard J Evans in The Coming of the Third Reich

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Fetterman pulled support for an LGBTQ center in PA after libs of tiktok doxxed them lol

https://twitter.com/StephenJ_Caruso/status/1765386702409933189

What the gently caress happened to this guy? Did he really just have a stroke and turn into a massive rear end in a top hat?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I’ve been reading a history of the Nazis and it’s made me a lot less worried about our country. People in America are much, much more comfortable (and fat and lazy) than Germans after WW1. People in mass numbers aren’t going to start joining violent movements if it means they have to miss their shows and be in danger

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

post hole digger posted:

theres no proven benefits to flossing. completely made up thing

I just googled this and mind blown... I thought you were kidding but yeah turns out the evidence for flossing is really weak lmao

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

no normal person can see that color footage and think differently

what color footage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

lol Fallon would have clapped and said "Love that" even if she'd said the complete opposite