Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Zurtilik posted:

I would argue the thread labeled [Dems] or [Biden] can kind of serve that purpose.

why not the one called [succ]?

the whole point of having our own forum is to not get hosed with like this

:qq: the mods don't like it :qq:

who cares? read something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Homeless Friend posted:

the actual admins are mad/having a tantrum, just let our brave mods be their low energy patsies. u just wait em out. not like they actually care. That and its drat funny+we get to roast our mods in the interregnum.

seriously, what on earth are they mad about? is it really just that the zone is rude and irreverent?

sounds like a serious case of insecure copbrain

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
alright

i'm ready for the succ zone to come back

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Robo Reagan posted:

president putin, please, my people cry out for help

give us $2000 please

is pepsi ok posted:

Reminder that Democrats allowed Republicans to include over 20 amendments to the ACA and then not a single one voted for it.

pretty sure it was closer to 200

RaySmuckles has issued a correction as of 17:10 on Feb 11, 2021

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
bring back the succ zone

that thread was active. if you don't like it, just don't read it for fucks sake

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

what the gently caress is this poo poo?

i feel like i'm taking crazy pills

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
so do we get the succzone back or what

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Raccooon posted:

I assume this is succzone now.

Really would think the people that hated succzone would rather keep it for containment instead of releasing it over a couple threads.

i just liked it cuz it drew a crowd and got lots of posts

that thread moved better (and along the topics i'm interested in) than most of the threads in c-spam now

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

Honestly when I changed this thread's title to have a coded "succ" in it I figured I was making it the succzone again because it basically was already, and if the mods were mad about it they'd let me know, and none of them have done that yet so this is the succzone now, enjoy

i absolutely refuse to enjoy anything

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Phi230 posted:

taint married a landlord? unforgivable

who can stand in the way of true love?

taintrunner was cool and good when he was defending the succ zone and c-spam, but now he's shown himself to be of questionable character. like all posters, they only matter when they're doing good things and we should all just move on

keep the taintrunning gif though. that poo poo's hilarious

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

stellers bae posted:

taint was part of what made the succ zone fun, sad to see all these poo poo posters pissing on his grave imo

taint was great, but i ain't gonna shed tears if it turns out he's a sexpest

granted the thing i find sus is "aren't those accusations like 4 years old with no credible conclusion beyond the accusations?" seems like more of a convenient excuse to boot him now. mods are petty authoritarians, no doubt

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

lol

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

lol

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

UnknownTarget posted:

Wait so why don't people like neera and why was the dog account suspended?

lol

:bernpop:

howlin'

RaySmuckles has issued a correction as of 08:48 on Feb 20, 2021

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

drat, you got to watch the whooooole decline

RaySmuckles has issued a correction as of 19:19 on Feb 22, 2021

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
sufficiently upgraded child cages

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
the 1/6 succ is coming from inside the thread

libs working themselves into a lather through nothing but hysterical projection about internet boogie men

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
i think neera's gonna get through and its going to be touted as a major victory

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
staring deeply into a gaping hole of succ

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Egg Moron posted:

The biden administration is more of a shitshow than I would have thought

Not even fake accomplishments like ACA was for Obama

Just "listen Jack"

nah they accomplished the one thing lib assholes care about : neither joe biden's name nor visage is "donald trump." they literally don't care about anything beyond that

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

Now now...they also got a center-right technocrat who happens to be a POC into the vice presidency, thus shielding themselves from charges of racism and sexism now and evermore.

that's just icing on the cake. they'd have loved klob just about as much

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

mila kunis posted:

its loving insane and hyperreal that the president of the united states is obviously senile and its something that absolutely no one in the mainstream press can talk about

it reminds me of the stories about the press never showing FDR's wheelchair out of preserving the dignity of the office

except this time the impairment actually severely impacts the president's ability to carry out the duties of his office, lol

but we all already know this. the system is a massive incomprehensible machine with illogically varying incentive structures that is running entirely on its own without any real control or ability to alter its outcomes without functionally destroying it. it can only be destroyed by coming up against the immutable effects of history/natural change or collapse under its own sprawling weight

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
i thought matt breunig had the best take on the checks:

the additional $1400 cannot be considered a continuation of the $600 if they have additional income restrictions put upon them; that fundamentally makes them a different stimulus check - they are a new check for $1400 with different limitations on who has access to them

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Il Federale posted:

remember how people used to say trump was a democrat plant

im starting to think biden is a republican plant

perhaps its just that "the democratic party" is now a republican donor plant

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

Hey, watch it, you sound like you're calling them an opposition that is controlled, or something like that.

the democratic party, along with the republican party, is a controlled party, run by a tiny subset of extremely wealthy people

the democratic party is "controlled opposition" though the opposition part is becoming increasingly meaningless

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

lmaoooooooooo

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Oldest Man posted:

Here's another person who works for the same agency. I think I've got a Dark Souls Curse-style status effect on from looking at this, my life is halved

https://twitter.com/PAniskoff/status/993204349634596864?s=20

"action is a hallmark of obamaism"

yes, the obama administration, famously known for "doing things"

:suicide:

reality is warping

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
at some point during the biden administration the police will fire live ammunition into a crowd of protestors

i'm calling it now

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

Bold of you to have confidence that Biden won't keel over before summer gets here.

touche

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I just heard on NPR that we spent a half billion on our North Korean style transfer of power so far and the troops were supposed to go home this week but just got a two month extension.

Glad to see that liberals are enthusiastic about fascism as long as they drop the first boot.

they're keeping the troops around to maintain the government after biden dies/steps down

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Excelzior posted:

Listen -- strange women standing on beaches holding swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

lmao

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
i like dogs

i've had two wonderful boxers. they were both great, loyal friends that i will cherish until the end of my life

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
all i'm seeing is manchin and sinema wrecking poo poo and people being like "well, what can you do? we're lucky to have them!"

but then when we're like "lets have the 'leftists' do similar stuff" its all crickets or "we're already winning, why cause trouble?" but this time from the worthless aforementioned "leftist" politicians themselves!

basically the ships sinking and the only people with buckets for bailing have decided to take their seats at the head table in the dining hall

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pobrecito posted:

pre-trial inmates incarcerated for more than four years

seriously

:d2a:

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
i watched "captain fantastic" last night and its the most 2014-2016 obama centrist movie i've seen in a looooong time

the whole film is a strawman argument against "radical leftism" with the conclusion being "its ok to grow some of your own food in a garden and have some fringe political beliefs, but at the end of the day you should live in a single family home and send your kids to american schools"

that movie aged like loving milk and its hilarious that even upon its release in 2016 it was doomed by a rising sanders movement and growing radicalization among left-leaning americans, and of course the naked failure of centrism at the hands of hillary clinton, and even more of course trump in general

anyway, just wanted to get it off my chest that the film is an intentionally halfbaked strawman designed to celebrate moderation, centrism, and traditional amercan values. it has nothing important or interesting to say and is ultimately a bad movie. but it could have been a good one

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

i know its stupid and partially a major self own, but the fact of the matter is that finance and capital desperately need hundreds of millions of people willing to be sent off to facilitate and die in pursuit of the wealthy's interests

to rid themselves of excess population, or to exploit them so fiercely that they resent and/or oppose the state drastically reduces the ruling parties' ability to maintain their hegemony

finance and capital rely heavily on military coercion and any conflict between major powers will necessitate mobilizing countless millions. there is some need to make sure those people actually want their side to win the war

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
the bessemer vote thing sucks. i mean, of course it failed, but still

not a lot of things to be hopeful about in american politics these days

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
if you have to ask "did we win?" then the answer is obviously "no, idiot"

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

imo no right-wing anime thing will beat that panel of a steely-eyed general looking over the horizon and saying "if we're not careful japan might commit a war crime, for the first time ever"

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

you could tell from the podcast he finally started playing souls games and of course fell headlong into them, making obscure soulsborne references 5 years too late

just a funny little aside