Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rich 80 year olds think this kind of talk is politically effective because they still think it's the same political climate as 1972.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Doctors should get all their loans forgiven and then have their salaries cut by 66%.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1362100655243026433

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

So he was an awkward chapo fanboy before calling them frauds and sellouts or whatever?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol people were calling him a landlord and he reported the posts and said something like "I'm not a landlord myself my wife is the landlord" and a mod (IDK who) posted the screenshots

I thought it was a bit at the time but apparently it wasn't

Only a landlord could afford to buy as many avi's as I assume he did.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

I lost a bet with him and owe him an av

Wasn't it till 2022? Actually that might be another bet lol.

You can get me a DSA tag or a cat.

mcmagic has issued a correction as of 21:13 on Feb 17, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/taragolshan/status/1362450118696394756
Manchin is a ghoul.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/VP/status/1362186849419210756

what the gently caress was her tuition relief plan again

You had to be a minority making under 75k a year who somehow had the capital to start a small business in a designated area.

It's cool to yell at progressives in congress to not vote for the bill if they take the 15 dollar wage out.

mcmagic has issued a correction as of 02:50 on Feb 19, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1362871856009740295
LOL eat poo poo Neera

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Wonder what Neera did to get on Manchin's bad side

It's all personal with him so it's -something-.

It's well within his range to just be upset that she was mean to republicans lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Penisaurus Sex posted:

he doesn’t give a gently caress about that. he’s a very solipsistic person.

or was the last few times I dealt with him.

Whatever the reason it sure is funny.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LOL Manchin voted for Ric Grenell in the Trump admin who is just as much of a toxic twitter dipshit as Neera. He rules.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

I don't care if Gene Sperling eats puppies, I want Neera to eat poo poo because I want the KHive to finally, finally suffer even a mild defeat

Is Neera KHive?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

Surprised to see this forum happy at Neera be attacked for posting. Her appointment would be a huge win for posters everywhere. Young posters could look and see someone like them working in the White House.

American Politics can't deliver anything good for people so the best you can hope for is to see the people you hate eat poo poo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

God this is so stupid

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1363537056102760456

This is the failson shithead the Dems are going to run for Wisconsin Senate lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

breadnsucc posted:

i love how biden is 1000% times worse than trumo just like the left said but he does it in such a boring way that libs can just shrug it off

I think Biden sucks and is overwhelmingly likely to be a failure but I don't think he's 1000% worse than Trump. Trump was pretty bad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

Yes we know that you're a liberal

To be a real leftist and not a liberal you have to think that Trump was actually better than Democrats.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Brain Candy posted:

trump sent checks? extremely low bar, but so far basically yeah

Trump sent the 1st checks because he thought it would help him win and then after the election the checks had no chance to actually pass and he was loving with McConnell. If you think Trump gave a poo poo about helping americans you're a mark. (Not that Biden gives a poo poo either)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Reality Protester posted:

trump understands that popular policies will in turn make him popular. joe believes government should not be helping people.

What did he do as president that was popular other than sending people 600 measly dollars? If Trump did popular stuff he would still be president. He was running against a corpse.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

"Better than Trump" is an incredibly low bar that Biden has yet to clear and probably won't

Yeah I don't disagree with this. I just don't see where Biden is 1000% worse than Trump. Even the stuff he's done that is awful is mostly continuation of stuff that Trump did. FWIW I still think they will send out the 1400 dollar checks which is a lie from the 2k but it's also better than the 600 Trump sent.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Trump differed from standard Republican presidents by being louder and stupider and way less imaginative with his theft of the collective good. Dubya's cabinet destroyed the world for their grift; Trump tries to sell commemorative merch and by most accounts couldn't even manage his loving cabinet favor-trading properly, given most positions in his admin were a revolving door of whoever he was stupid enough to like that day. That's...that's probably about it, really.

Trump was pretty similar to a pretty bog issue republican..... which is also loving horrific. Maybe another Republican administration would've tried to actually do something about COVID in order to get reelected? But who knows.

spacemang_spliff posted:

i mean it doesn't matter if he did it out of love for his fellow man or out of a desire to own his posting enemies, he still sent out the checks

I don't disagree with you. It doesn't matter why. But I also think that Biden will send out the 1400 checks in March so you will get insufficient checks from both Biden and Trump.

mcmagic has issued a correction as of 21:39 on Feb 21, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Trump really could've been very popular and been reelected easily if he had been able to control himself on twitter or had done anything that was popular with anyone but his hardcore base. It's not like he could do anything that would lose him his base. But he didn't.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

People took this crank seriously and told their lefty podcast followers that she was someone worth listening to.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

you take biden seriously & tell everyone that he's worth listening to & voting for, so you actually succ more than they do.

It's pretty idiotic to criticize someone for taking the President seriously or listening to him lol. He's the President not some crazy crystal lady on a podcast... A real leftist like you puts their fingers in their ears when the President talks. I also never told anyone to vote for him. But you are MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

mcmagic has issued a correction as of 01:18 on Feb 22, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Trump did try to start a war with Iran and luckily the Iranian government didn't really respond in any real way that would have escalated it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Oldest Man posted:

In roughly three thousand fundraising emails they have not mentioned this no

They hope (probably wrongly) that the COVID relief package will be enough if the vaccine gets out there to everyone and the economy gets better. That is clearly the plan since they can't do anything else without killing the filibuster.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Oldest Man posted:

That's quite a jump from "give us money and become a Founding Member (TM)"

The marks for fundraising emails apparently care about being Founding Members.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Unnamed One posted:

Spoiler: The lessons are all "Hide the old people's bodies"

You should vote for a Republican over Andrew Cuomo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

QAnon is closer to the truth than whatever centrists believe.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

stellers bae posted:

what exactly was ted cruz supposed to be able to do about the power outages, again? wasn't ercot specifically designed to evade federal regulation?

adler leaving for cabo when the pandemic was roaring seems worse honestly

We're really making the Ben Shapiro/D'sousa argument defending Ted Cruz because Dems are also bad? lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If it's clear that there aren't 50 votes for her there won't even be a vote.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Can we cancel her because she's a ghoul who wanted to steal Iraq's oil? Or because she hit a subordinate? Or because she wanted to cut social security and medicare? Or is all that stuff OK with Cenk?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

MysteriousStranger posted:

he's a leftist so yes he has always been like this

If anyone is a liberal it's that loving guy

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mitt Romney here should be Bernie.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Eggplant Squire posted:

The Biden admin wants this Neera nomination so loving bad for some reason. I can't figure since she's just some Hillary Clinton hanger oner that no one outside of leftwing twitter that hates her gave a poo poo about until a week ago when every useless blue checkmark desided she was the line in the sand worth defending instead of health care or covid payments.

I think she's gonna get in just because they seem to really have their honor tied to it somehow and will twist Manchin's arm.

I still think they want Rahm more than Neera tbh.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Gresh posted:

https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status/1363871079647703041

lol holy poo poo what a cuck. neera has done more damage to the progressive cause than any republican you moron

I don't think that is true. She hasn't really done anything herself she's an apparatchik...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1364306184988155904

She's so loving weird.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This woman is loving insufferable. One of the few people who I have blocked on twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/briancheeek/status/1364597811199827972

they really think that bernie was vanquished forever and are confused that he still gets to do stuff

There is no level of "playing nice" that bernie can do with corporate dems that would get him any credit. I hope he knows that.